Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    My only request would be to make corpse running corpse flying.

Deleted
    I like flying

My biggest problem with the current form of flying is that it screws over the people that play this game for pvp, pet battles or other content that dont require rep grinds and endless world quests. If you do the content flying is gated behind anyways because thats the part of the game you like getting flying is easy and not much work. If you dont its a giant pain in the ass.

I played wod (when i played it) just for pvp, getting flying was absurdly annoying and took forever because i didnt farm a single apexis daily ever because my playstyle didnt need me too, i did almost no content (outside of leveling) that flying required before, and i had 0 interest in grinding out rep because i simply didnt need it. It was absurdly annoying.

But it seems they force the same thing on flying which i really dont like. Its good design for the people that will do the content anyways and horrible design for the people that are forced to do it just for flying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    My biggest problem with the current form of flying is that it screws over the people that play this game for pvp
    That is funny, i thought people that play this game for PVP did it for instanced PVP ranked or not, that it is unnafected by flying, but it seems the most important PVP activity is ganking and molesting other players, go figure.

My biggest problem with the current form of flying is that it screws over the people that play this game for pvp
    While I agree that there should be alternate ways of obtaining flying for people who mainly play for the PVP, there's some things you need to take into consideration:

World PVP in WoW has been a joke since the introduction of battlegrounds. It was further wrecked with the inclusion of instant teleporting to dungeons from anywhere. If you're mainly into the game for the PVP, then Arena and rated battlegrounds is where you're going to be spending your time; neither of which makes use of flying mounts at all.

And if world PVP is your thing...well then...you should probably start with pushing for more support for wPVP in the form of actual open world pvp objectives and rewards instead of picking at flying(which really only slightly changes the dynamic of ganking).

PVPers should be able to unlock flight via PVP though. Put it behind a couple prestiges or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    That is funny, i thought people that play this game for PVP did it for instanced PVP ranked or not, that it is unnafected by flying, but it seems the most important PVP activity is ganking and molesting other players, go figure.
    Even the most hardcore pvpers there are dont play only pvp, theres other stuff to do you know. Pvpers dont want flying to be able to gank, they want it to be able to fly. I dont like world pvp, yet i still want to fly even if i dont really have that much to do in the broken isles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    While I agree that there should be alternate ways of obtaining flying for people who mainly play for the PVP, there's some things you need to take into consideration:

World PVP in WoW has been a joke since the introduction of battlegrounds. It was further wrecked with the inclusion of instant teleporting to dungeons from anywhere. If you're mainly into the game for the PVP, then Arena and rated battlegrounds is where you're going to be spending your time; neither of which makes use of flying mounts at all.

And if world PVP is your thing...well then...you should probably start with pushing for more support for wPVP in the form of actual open world pvp objectives and rewards instead of picking at flying(which really only slightly changes the dynamic of ganking).

PVPers should be able to unlock flight via PVP though. Put it behind a couple prestiges or something.
    World pvp has nothing to do with it, even as a pvper you are still in the broken isles most of your time outside of instanced pvp. Wanting to fly isnt because its easier to gank people.

World pvp has nothing to do with it, even as a pvper you are still in the broken isles most of your time outside of instanced pvp. Wanting to fly isnt because its easier to gank people.
    That's kind of the point I was getting at. There seems to be this recurring theme that flying somehow screws up PVP in the open world. I was just pointing out the flaw with that line of reasoning. I didn't mean to imply that people who like PVP can't also like Flying for its own merits.

That's kind of the point I was getting at. There seems to be this recurring theme that flying somehow screws up PVP in the open world. I was just pointing out the flaw with that line of reasoning. I didn't mean to imply that people who like PVP can't also like Flying for its own merits.
    World pvp has nothing to do with flying imo, its more about getting multiple players that can fight each other into the same area competing for the same thing or for kills on each other. You had amazing world pvp in wintergrasp during the downtimes (i.e not when it was a BG but when it was a pve zone) because horde and alliance had to quest in the same zone in the same area and got rewarded for killing each other despite everyone being able to fly, or you had a lot of world pvp on the timeless isle becauce people got something for it.

We dont have anything like that at the moment, in fact even cross faction people are rewarded for working with each other. I play on a pvp realm and theres almost 0 world pvp going on (bar some russians ganking everyone every now and then), world quests just go faster if someone is there to help - no matter the faction.

Not to mention that world pvp is really bad right now. But even during wod there was almost no world pvp bar at the start.

World pvp has nothing to do with flying imo, its more about getting multiple players that can fight each other into the same area competing for the same thing or for kills on each other. You had amazing world pvp in wintergrasp during the downtimes (i.e not when it was a BG but when it was a pve zone) because horde and alliance had to quest in the same zone in the same area and got rewarded for killing each other despite everyone being able to fly, or you had a lot of world pvp on the timeless isle becauce people got something for it.

We dont have anything like that at the moment, in fact even cross faction people are rewarded for working with each other. I play on a pvp realm and theres almost 0 world pvp going on (bar some russians ganking everyone every now and then), world quests just go faster if someone is there to help - no matter the faction.

Not to mention that world pvp is really bad right now. But even during wod there was almost no world pvp bar at the start.
    That was the other point I was making: If Blizzard actually put real world PVP objectives...in the world...people would naturally gravitate towards them and combat would happen: Flying or no Flying. That's what I meant when I said: "...you should probably start with pushing for more support for wPVP in the form of actual open world pvp objectives and rewards..."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was the other point I was making: If Blizzard actually put real world PVP objectives...in the world...people would naturally gravitate towards them and combat would happen: Flying or no Flying. That's what I meant when I said: "...you should probably start with pushing for more support for wPVP in the form of actual open world pvp objectives and rewards..."
    What about those PVP World Quest areas surely that would be the closest one has to WPVP..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    What about those PVP World Quest areas surely that would be the closest one has to WPVP..
    Have you ever actually seen PVP at those? And what's the actual incentive to fight over them? What does the player actually gain from defending those towers? Some HKs? Such wow. Many honor. Very HK.

It's a joke compared to the rewards you get from just doing a Battleground. The BG will give you more opportunities to fight, a more fair match-up, and a better reward for winning AND losing(in world PVP you literally get nothing for getting killed besides a corpse run).
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-02-27 at 08:43 PM.

If anything flying helped friends reach my coordinates quicker to continue PvP shenanigans. 1v1 or 1v2 sometimes quickly turned into small raid vs small raid...good times.

7+ Year Old Account
    Folks are getting flight in 7.2, and still they sit and shout...

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    Folks are getting flight in 7.2, and still they sit and shout...
    ]
    I actually laughed. Even thought it's just a gif, I can hear the voice.

Deleted
    Even the most hardcore pvpers there are dont play only pvp, theres other stuff to do you know. Pvpers dont want flying to be able to gank, they want it to be able to fly. I dont like world pvp, yet i still want to fly even if i dont really have that much to do in the broken isles.
    My reply was for telling that flying only worsens ganking, i was saying that flying it is not bad at all for PVPers, because i consider ganking is not the main activity PVPers are interested in.

i enjoyed the game more without flying u get to see and understand more of the map rather than jsut afk flying

What gets me wound up is the constant extra flying when you use a flight path.

Oh let's fly via thru 4 different flight points on my way to destination instead of just taking a straight line.

Oh let's fly a 360 around the flight point before landing or taking off.

Other one we currently are enjoying is load screen time, Dalaran being the worst, this can take upwards of a minute.

Never have understood why Blizzard would want to piss off their customer base with needless wasted time.

Across the 4 max level toons I do emissaries on per day, that would save me 5+ minutes a day. At 5 days a week, for 48 week... that is 20 hours wasted waiting on the game for no good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    What gets me wound up is the constant extra flying when you use a flight path.

Oh let's fly via thru 4 different flight points on my way to destination instead of just taking a straight line.

Oh let's fly a 360 around the flight point before landing or taking off.
    Ugh, yes. This has been such a huge pet peeve of mine this expansion. WoD wasn't even this bad. I've set my hearthstone at Thunder Totem on all my characters because I got tired of having to fly through ~5 different FPs from any given point on the map to get to Highmountain.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

7+ Year Old Account
    I actually laughed. Even thought it's just a gif, I can hear the voice.
    One of my favorite shows That and Walking Dead. I'll just be excited for 7.2.

I'm glad to see this topic is still being discussed. Futile as they are I still have hopes Blizzard will make flying a standard part of their expansions again instead of gating it through that stupid "compromise" of an achievement. I was never satisfied with their explanation that I would enjoy the game more if I had to experience everything from the ground. I already know what I think is fun and I don't need the Blizzard developers telling me they know better. Leaving flying in the game lets players choose. Everyone who thinks flying is bad can stay on the ground and level that way (even though we all know 95% of them wouldn't). The rest of us can fly.