Page 6 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i am perfectly fine with flying not being enabled at launch even though it's just to stretch out the minimal content there is but it should be enabled way earlier. you don't need 6 months to explore the world and do the content. 3 months are more than enough imo. at this point it's just annoying.

Deleted
    I'm okay with not being able to fly at the moment, I kind of enjoy running around, no matter how inefficient it might be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Sorry/not sorry you feel that way.

Blizzard went to enormous trouble to create interesting terrain for Legion. By "interesting" I mean sometimes terribly frustrating (where's that goddamn world quest miniboss?!?) but Suramar, for example, is incredibly intricate and worth learning.

I like flying but I am happy to go without it for half the expansion.

If you want to play the expansion with flying, all you have to do is not play until flying is available. Simple really.
    Suramar is only bearable because you have a menagerie of portals that can carry you to various places, plus the post card you're welcome that is the flight masters whistle you unlock at 110.

Frankly it's not even comparable. The game would be much better off with intricate portal matrix's in every zone or with flying enabled. The latter will be much less immersion breaking in zones that wouldn't make sense to have intricate portal layouts, and easier to manage as it always has been since MoP->previous.

You're once again falling into the trap of "good enough" when they are going out of their way to spend extra design time on something that could be solved by flipping a switch and swallowing pride on Blizzard's end.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    Yup, which is why Legion is prob my last serious play expansion... I think I'll stop to play wow entirely while content is current and only sub when all the expansion content is available including heirlooms and flying. I dont care about raiding anymore anyway and I have so much gold from wasting my life on WoD that I think I can buy Mythic boosts with Mount for several Expansions to come.

Flying is not required anymore because we got tons of flight paths and a 5min cd whistle.

It is better this way, flying trivializes the world content, unless it is made for flying.
    US-Azralon Rise Above
    Main: Ferozan

FFXIV: Lannile Polebows

Quote Originally Posted by Ferozan View Post
    Flying is not required anymore because we got tons of flight paths and a 5min cd whistle.

It is better this way, flying trivializes the world content, unless it is made for flying.
    How so? I don't think we were ever able to do world content while mounted. If you mean the convenience from travel, we got more of that now, with all the whistles\portals\hearthstones\etc, rendering travel times faster than ever before. Talk about trivializing indeed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Sth View Post
    They really have. By only enabling it when it doesn't matter anymore.

7.2 will enable flying, but it will be done after people have spent months on the Broken Isles doing their quests while not flying. After we unlock it, that will probably be it in terms of content, before they release the Argus patch. At that point we won't need to fly on the Broken Isles, because we'll be on Argus, which will probably be not flyable either.

It's just like with WoD, where we were only able to fly once nobody needed to anymore anyway. Because the expansion was over. When the flying patch came out, I had 2 days of gametime left. And I didn't renew my sub at that point and went on a 1-year break, because the expansion was over anyway.

This will be the standard now. Flying is gone.

It's been effectively out since they released that Isle of thunder back in Mop. I've been saying this a long time.

This is what we get for not quitting when they took it away. If you keep paying them they look at it like you support the no flying decision.

I hate it, but quitting the game over it is hard. It was a mistake to buy this expansion.
    Last edited by SL1200; 2017-02-05 at 09:26 PM.

I am anti flyer as well but I kinda wish we could use our flying mounts for something. Maybe for a single zone where flying mounts are the flavor items like the grappling hook in a zone like storm peaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    No, it really isn't. Pathfinder ensures that there's nothing left to use flying on once you get it. The "BEST" way to please everyone would be to actually create zones that used both flying and non-flying areas in equal amounts, with a decently long quest line to unlock it. 7.1 and pathfinder part one should have been the extent of the unlock, without the arbitrary delay of part 2.
    The -best- way, is to actually take a feather from FFXIV's hat and just allow you to fly in each individual zone after you complete the story of each zone. That game has no anti-flying sentiment sown into it's players and has actually embraced the way Square allowed you to unlock it.

WoW's method is a slap in the face to anyone that enjoyed flying previously to WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    It's been effectively out since they released that Isle of thunder back in Mop. I've been saying this a long time.

This is what we get for not quitting when they took it away. If you keep paying them they look at it like you support the no flying decision.

I hate it, but quitting the game over it is hard. It was a mistake to buy this expansion.
    I'm actually a fan of zones that force you to be on the ground. Then there's a choice of gameplay. But always being on the ground until X timegate has passed is not a valid solution.

I actually fervently believe Legion would have been a much more successful expansion with being able to fly in all zones but Suramar at 110 and have Suramar/Broken Shore be the "no fly" IoT/TI of the expansion.

I don't understand why Blizzard thinks MoP's outdoor content model wasn't successful in regards to flying.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2017-02-05 at 09:30 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    I'm actually a fan of zones that force you to be on the ground. Then there's a choice of gameplay. But always being on the ground until X timegate has passed is not a valid solution.
    Completely in favour of that. I never had anything against the "Isles of.." type of content - and, in my opinion, made a pretty neat change of pace back when introduced.

I'm all in favour of delaying it until a future patch, after release. One gets to experience the storytelling from a forced perspective, which can significantly increase the quality, if it's designed with that in mind, etc - but it being a reward, for doing "most of what there is to be done" and by almost the very end of an expansion, really feels like a big middle finger to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Maybe, but then they need a better travel system.
    Indeed. If it wasn't flying, it would be teleports GW2/FFXIV (pre HW) style.

Let's face it, traveling in a huge world takes a lot of time and in a lot of cases, players would rather spend their time playing over traveling to play. Which is why the flightmaster system is such a chore.

10+ Year Old Account
    People still talking about Flying even though Blizzard settled on how it will work like almost 2 years ago.

davidbane123
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Sth View Post
    I never said it should go away?

What crack are you smoking.

Ever thought the people who wanted flying gone are not the same as the people who want it back?

Only makes fucking sense right?
    To the loudest fucking mouth goes the changes... So both sides of the flying argument are equally childish and annoying... Nobody and I mean nobody get everything they want! Blizz can only make compromises, you can believe it or not, it doesn't really bother me because I'm happy enough to have the limited physical ability to even be able to play this great game at all man.

I hope so. If people can't handle to spend 5-10 minutes going from one place to another, they should play something else than RPGs.
    Last edited by Sencha; 2017-02-05 at 09:40 PM.

Honestly, I don't mind the dev team wanting us to see the ground for a bit and admire the work they put into it.

But there is a good middle ground between not instantly giving people flying and only really doing it when it's mostly irrelevant.

It's 7.1.5, people have long acquired exalted rep with all the factions. Hell, 7.1 might have been a good point to start rolling it out. But whatever, they're methodical about it indeed, only doing it once Argus rolls around, which will inevitably be no-flying like Timeless Isle.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    Blizzard needs to design zones that are engaging.
    You got that right. Simply throwing trash mobs and log palisades and invisible walls everywhere is the laziest, weakest form of that. Legion zone design isn't more engaging, it's just tedious.

The problem with bigger zones is that they aren't better.
    Unless they are given the care and dedication that you seem to think Blizzard is capable of.

They are just bigger, but have still the same content. The worlds feels more empty. The Legion zones are packed with content and details. If you make the world bigger, those features are more drawn out, making the world feel more boring.
    Unless they have the same content and attention per square foot as every other zone. Legion ground area is roughly the same as any other expansion. Blizzard somehow managed to put more "content" in the same area as before(there's a comparison on continent size out there somewhere IIRC), but we're meant to believe that just because there's flying that magically there's less content? BULL. SHIT.

The second problem is obstacles. Yes, obstacles are a good thing. Suramar is a good thing. You can not have a world with some areas that feel "dangerous" if you can just hop onto a flying mount and fly over it and just drop onto your target mob.
    And are you going to tell me that it's impossible to create obstacles for people on a flying mount? Anti-air canons, harpoons, kaliri birds, smoke/fog/clouds to block line of sight, airships shooting at them, dragons, felbats, archers, casters, heavy tree-cover, caves and other indoor areas, magical shields(you know, like the one that used to protect suramar!?), acid rain, infernals falling from the sky, Legion space-ships, and any number of other things to make flying dangerous.

Sure, quests would be faster with flying mount.
    Unless they're not, such as if flying speed was set the same as ground mount speed.

wouldn't find a flat world very interesting, would you? Where everything is just x units apart on the same plane. But flying essentially reduces the world to such a flat plane. All obstacles are gone.
    Unless the zones and obstacles are actually there. Why do you assume that flying removes all obstacles? Go to Stormpeaks, or underground zones like Blackrock Mountain or Deepholme, and fill them with flying obstacles from my list above. Suddenly it's not just a "flat world" that isn't interesting, but instead a very diverse world with many different types of terrains and obstacles for all types of players.

Quel'Danas has no flying (BC engame).
    TBC also had end-game daily quests that sent you to flying zones: Throne of Kil'Jaden, Ogri-la, Skettis.

Wrath had no flying during most of the leveling process (78? you got flying),
    No one is asking for flying during leveling.

Cataclysm had tol Barad. MoP had no-flying for leveling, timeless isle and isle of thunder. Draenor had no-flying. And legion has no flying.
    You could never fly in ANY battleground. Even Wintergrasp dismounted you once the battle started. Timeless isle and Isle of Thunder came within the context of an ENTIRE EXPANSION of open world content where you could fly. They were the exception, not the rule! Draenor was a trainwreck of an open world and arguably a complete failure that cost the expansion half it's subscribers. I wouldn't use that as support for anything.

The truth is: Flying doesn't *add* anything to the game.
    Unless it does because Blizzard takes the time to make it so.

I'm so sick of hearing these polarizing statement and bad logic excuses. You guys have bought so fully into this idea that flying is bad that other ideas don't even register to you. Your thinking is so stuck inside this no-flying box that Blizzard created in WoD and Legion that you can't see anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    then don't bother with the achievements and walk
    I for one will be more than happy flying directly to things in Val and Highmountian rather than winding my way around via the ground routes

I just hope flying extends to when your ghost as well

That's cool. Can we stop with the whiny fucking threads now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    The -best- way, is to actually take a feather from FFXIV's hat and just allow you to fly in each individual zone after you complete the story of each zone. That game has no anti-flying sentiment sown into it's players and has actually embraced the way Square allowed you to unlock it.

WoW's method is a slap in the face to anyone that enjoyed flying previously to WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually fervently believe Legion would have been a much more successful expansion with being able to fly in all zones but Suramar at 110 and have Suramar/Broken Shore be the "no fly" IoT/TI of the expansion.

I don't understand why Blizzard thinks MoP's outdoor content model wasn't successful in regards to flying.
    I was never a fan of Mop, but one thing they didn't do bad was Flying. I would take that over this pathfinder thing. I didn't want to do that surmar questline. I don't like questing at all. I really felt forced to do it. Not so much by the attunement for the dungeons. I was willing to not see 2 dungeons, but I had to do it to fly.

Why is this quesitng required for flying? Why not require Raiding or fighting in the arena, something That I enjoy doing? I don't know what the point of forcing me to do content I don't like is. That's not fun.