Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation Donald Trump, Justin Trudeau hold press conference

Trudeau brought business women from Canada.

They praised the Keystone XL pipeline for creating jobs when the whole idea behind a pipeline is that it takes like 3 guys to run it once it's done.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...onference.html

President Donald Trump and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau are holding a joint press conference Monday, in which they are expected to discuss a number of issues, including U.S.-Canada relations, trade and the environment.

PoliticsTeam moderatorjust now
    We have a two-minute warning for the leaders, and so we can expect them out shortly.

FlagShare
    PoliticsTeam
    PoliticsTeam moderatorjust now
    The East Room in the White House is now full, and we are expecting Trump and Trudeau any moment now.

Trudeau and Trump have a released a joint statement. in which they say they "affirmed their longstanding commitment to close cooperation in addressing both the challenges facing our two countries and problems around the world."

In the statement, the leaders talk about the importance of trade between the two allies, and pledge to co-operate on labor mobility, and encouraging companies in both countries to invest in infrastructure.
    "In particular, we look forward to the expeditious completion of the Gordie Howe International Bridge, which will serve as a vital economic link between our two countries," they say.

On the controversial subject of the Keystone XL pipeline, they pledged their commitment to work on projects "that will create jobs while respecting the environment."

On border security, they renewed their commitment to a "21st century border" including a coordinated entry-exit information system.

The leaders also announced a United States-Canada Council for Advancement of Women Entrepreneurs and Business Leaders -- to "promote the growth of women-owned enterprises and to further contribute to our overall economic growth and competitiveness, as well as the enhanced integration of our economies."

"Our countries deserve our full commitment to increased economic growth, which we will deliver," they concluded their statement.

FlagShare
    PoliticsTeam
    PoliticsTeam moderator3 minutes ago
    Trump has tweeted a selection of photos from the day so far.

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter
    Follow
    Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    Wonderful meeting with Canadian PM @justinTrudeau and a group of leading CEO's & business women from Canada

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    drill baby drill !!!!

This must be conflicting emotions for those who love Trudeau and hate Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I don't like Trudeau or Trump I hope things go well. They have very conflicting opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    This must be conflicting emotions for those who love Trudeau and hate Trump.
    Why? I mean, I like what I know of Trudeau for the most part, but why would I be conflicted by the meeting? They're both heads of state, this is what heads of state are supposed to do.

We just have to hope that Trump doesn't have another tantrum if he's told something he doesn't like.

7+ Year Old Account
    It'll be fine trudeau has spent these past few weeks preparing himself and making sure his plug is in at all times for when trump takes him

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been keeping up with this yet, all I know is that Trudeau dominated the handshake.

Trumps usual handshakes: http://www.trumpormrburns.com/handshake

Handshake with Trudeau, notice how Trump tried twice to pull Trudeau into an awkward show of dominance and failed to even budge him:

Also, apparently Trump has small feet:

I'm having a relatively boring day.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Yeah, my favourite part was when Trudeau was staring with a confused look on his face at Trump while he went for like three minutes talking about how many people love his immigration policy and how they are working it out with Mexico when the question was basically, 'You bad mouthed NAFTA alot, whats that mean for Canada?'

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why? I mean, I like what I know of Trudeau for the most part, but why would I be conflicted by the meeting? They're both heads of state, this is what heads of state are supposed to do.

We just have to hope that Trump doesn't have another tantrum if he's told something he doesn't like.
    Like Trudeau has tantrums and elbows people in the boob?

That's how reasonable people think, but some people automatically think you're evil if you associate with Trump in anyway. Look at what happened to Steve Harvey http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/17/entert...-harvey-trump/

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Like Trudeau has tantrums and elbows people in the boob?
    Are you still referring to "elbowgate"? lol The whole "scandal" that the NDP admitted to orchestrating? lol But I like that the worst thing you could come up with was a made up scandal.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2017-02-13 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    I'm having a relatively boring day.
    It's pictures like that one with Trudeau, that reminds me how large Trump is for a President. Standing next to a fairly healthy, fit man, you can see it.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

That's how reasonable people think, but some people automatically think you're evil if you associate with Trump in anyway. Look at what happened to Steve Harvey http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/17/entert...-harvey-trump/
    What about it? I mean, the comment from Trevor Noah is kinda relevant. The only black person in the Trump administration happens to be running the only department with the word "urban" in its name, and Trump is having him meet with another black celebrity to...uh...discuss housing policy?

It's pretty silly.

Also, not remotely the same thing. Celebrities and heads of states play by two very different sets of rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Harvey also thinks atheists have no morals and are idiots. You could have picked a better example lol

Oh and also this gem

You can't just tell me it spun out of a gastrous ball and then all of a sudden we were evolved from monkeys. Why we still got monkeys?
    Last edited by Dug; 2017-02-13 at 08:10 PM.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    It's pictures like that one with Trudeau, that reminds me how large Trump is for a President. Standing next to a fairly healthy, fit man, you can see it.
    In Trumps defence, the guy is like 90 so he's in pretty good shape for his age.

What about it? I mean, the comment from Trevor Noah is kinda relevant. The only black person in the Trump administration happens to be running the only department with the word "urban" in its name, and Trump is having him meet with another black celebrity to...uh...discuss housing policy?

It's pretty silly.

Also, not remotely the same thing. Celebrities and heads of states play by two very different sets of rules.
    Oh ok, so talking to Trump only makes you a Demon if you're not a politician, Thanks for clarifying those rules.

Oh ok, so talking to Trump only makes you a Demon if you're not a politician, Thanks for clarifying those rules.
    ...no?

But I guess you'll just read whatever you want to read anyways, so it's not worth belaboring if that's all you're interested in.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not like Trudeau really has a choice, U.S.A is our biggest trading partner, we can't really say fuck you Trump we hate you and your politics, business is business...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    In Trumps defence, the guy is like 90 so he's in pretty good shape for his age.
    Reagan was older, the same height, and at least 50 pounds lighter
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    ...no?

But I guess you'll just read whatever you want to read anyways, so it's not worth belaboring if that's all you're interested in.
    You have to remember he's "Not A Trump Supporter tm".