Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    You are of course free to boycott any company you want, for any reason you want - no matter how arbitrary. It is your money, after all.
    That said, I just watched the Coca Cola ad and don't see anything wrong with it. Seems like a pretty decent commercial to me, and I don't see why it would be insulting or anything of the like.
    Well, according to Orlong the only reason people speak in any other language than English is so they can make fun of him.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Well, according to Orlong the only reason people speak in any other language than English is so they can make fun of him.
    He does that to himself

10+ Year Old Account
    The commercials didn't bother me like it did to OP but I agree in the sense that there was too much political shit going on. Super Bowl ads were for new movie trailers and just shit that made you laugh. This year it was all depressing political bullshit. I seen not one that was the least bit interesting or funny. It felt like it was just bashing on Trump the whole time. I'm not even a Trump supporter and I find this shit equally as annoying as Trump.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-02-06 at 05:02 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Oh, yeah, I remember a thread in that vein.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    If you want to get politics out of sports, fine. Get rid of the the flyover from military aircraft, the National Anthen, America the Beautiful.
    That's interesting that you find those three things political. Which party is against the military, the National Anthem, and the song "America the Beautiful"? I was under the impression that both major political parties supported all of those.

Deleted
    I don't know if it's a cultural thing but Americans seem to take TV ads serious with bizarre complaints

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    The commercials didn't bother me like it did to OP but I agree in the sense that there was too much political shit going on. Super Bowl ads were for new movie trailers and just shit that made you laugh. This year it was all depressing political bullshit. I seen not one that was the least bit interesting or funny. It felt like it was just bashing on Trump the whole time. I'm not even a Trump supporter and I find this shit equally as annoying as Trump.
    Basically mirrors my thoughts. Too much politics in everything now. If the entertainment industry is moving more to politics over entertainment I can't help but think more and more people will just start tuning out.

politically motivated commercials are done by both parties. no use in getting ridiculous. and lets be real, boycotting shit doesnt work, i dont buy half that shit to begin with, saying oh lets boycott it just gives them more press.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Basically mirrors my thoughts. Too much politics in everything now. If the entertainment industry is moving more to politics over entertainment I can't help but think more and more people will just start tuning out.
    You really haven't been paying attention if you think politics and entertainment are only just starting to come together. There's entire genres of music that are rooted and traced back to the political climate at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't know if it's a cultural thing but Americans seem to take TV ads serious with bizarre complaints
    It's mostly a Superbowl thing. The Superbowl is historically known for the entertainment value of the commercials. In some circles, people will tend to use the restroom, get refreshments etc, during the game so they don't have to miss the commercials. The commercials seem to be going downhill and this year especially really didn't do anything for me. So one less reason to watch the Superbowl now. Mute or fast-forward through the commercials...nothing to see here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    You really haven't been paying attention if you think politics and entertainment are only just starting to come together. There's entire genres of music that are rooted and traced back to the political climate at the time.
    I'm not saying the phenomenon is just starting. I know it's been there for a long time. Just feels more overpowering now. More in our face. And you can't turn anywhere and not get blasted by it. Sometimes I just want to be entertained.

Further evidence we are now living in the Upside Down: Conservatives are crying about hurt feelings, Liberals are telling them to suck it up and get over it.

I remember when Barack was elected, and conservatives hemmed and hawed ... and liberals told them to get over it. Now the shoe's on the other foot, but the liberals are crying up a storm, encouraging a "resistance", calling everyone else a Nazi, and worse. We all need to chill the hell out.

The truth is... both sides need to cowboy up. Dems, you lost. Deal with it for 4 years, protest civilly, and put a better candidate in for the next election. GOP, don't be assholes -- you have a muppet as the Commander in Chief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orlong's coming out thread? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    It's the Superbowl..
    That has a tradition for being that one time of the year where businesses compete with wits, humor and out of the box thinking top class ads.
    The Superbowl ads are not just awaited by the American public every year.

Btw... one could argue - and Orlong might as well do so - that the most popular ad of the night was politically motivated as well.

Last edited by Wildtree; 2017-02-06 at 05:17 PM.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    This was the worst year for as far as I can remember watching the Super Bowl ads...I don't care about the messages...the fact it was nothing but messages...the only memorable ad was the one Mister Clean ad...all of the rest were just so blah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I'm not saying the phenomenon is just starting. I know it's been there for a long time. Just feels more overpowering now. More in our face. And you can't turn anywhere and not get blasted by it. Sometimes I just want to be entertained.
    I'd call that confirmation bias. There's a lot more topics being discussed but I don't think it's a greater frequency.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Further evidence we are now living in the Upside Down: Conservatives are crying about hurt feelings, Liberals are telling them to suck it up and get over it.
    I think that there's a difference between conservatives and brown fascistic scum...
    And this thread opening was not conservative.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Awww, the opposing political view point hurt your feelings and now you have to "boycott" them?

I'm not sure when the best time is to run an ad to make a point and show that we are all in this together on Earth, but I would guess that the Super Bowl is that time.
    I love it when we end up hurting their poor little feeling.

Don't worry OP, I'm sure your mutant repubtard feeling will grow back at midnight, maybe even with a Trumptacle sticking out the side.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-02-06 at 05:41 PM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    lol....all of those companies could give a shit about illegal aliens or LGBT.

It's called marketing and the people who run those companies don't really care what the 'message' is as long as it means more sales to their target demographic. Pretty much any upper echelon at any of those companies goes home to their white, conservative neighborhoods devoid of illegals.
    Well, it´s not so simple, and I speak from the perspective from an ad creative that has worked in the US on an ad agency. Not only good creative work has to take into account the reception of the ad, but it also they have to care about the message since it will be how the brand is perceived. Ofc, we want to sell products, but taking a stand on something actually helps it, and not to forget, but many of those companies actually believe that. Not to mention that the ad industry and tech industry are always hiring overseas, which leads to diverse team overall.

In short, yeah they only want to sell shit, but they also want to take a stand on a ideal. One helps the other.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I think that there's a difference between conservatives and brown fascistic scum...
    And this thread opening was not conservative.
    It's hard to see the difference when conservatives voted for brown fascistic scum, even if you were duped into voting for them.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexilius View Post
    politically motivated commercials are done by both parties. no use in getting ridiculous. and lets be real, boycotting shit doesnt work, i dont buy half that shit to begin with, saying oh lets boycott it just gives them more press.
    Don't know why anyone would think I should spend my money with an organization I don't like. Call it want you want. If it makes you feel better I'll say I'm not boycotting anyone. I'll just say they are a place I don't do business with. Is that better?

People get too triggered by the word "boycott". If you like or don't mind the business, do business with them. If you don't like them, don't. I won't feel upset either way.

I guess I'm trying to say, spend your money where you want and I won't bother you and likewise, don't get bothered by where I spend my money.

Did the OP just say they were boycotting while simultaneously showing the ads? Isn't a boycott, you know, suppose to NOT support the company? I'm so confused.