Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    >Looking forward to commercials

The fucking fuck?
    Believe it or not, there is a large number of people who only watch the Superbowl just to see the commercials because the production value of those commercials tend to be of higher quality than normal commercials.

Deleted
    Jesus H Christ those commercials are the epitome of cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Its insulting because its a patriotic hymn 2nd in reverence only to the National Anthem, and they shit on American culture by singing it in languages other than English. Back in the old days people immigrated to the US and assimilated to our customs and learned English. They didnt expect us to bend over backwards to accommodate theirs
    Einstein never knew a word of English btw, yet his classes were always packed with people, many of them that could be called patriots if judged by their actions afterwards.
    And back in the really old days, people came in, stole the gold and settled their own darned colonies where they pleased, shooting any natives that got in their way ... as long as they didn't die from dissentery, pneumonia or a strong case of the flu. But maybe, just MAYBE, the old days aren't always the better days.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Don't you think that you are being a little bit too touchy when it comes to this subject?
    Singing it in a different language than English in a commercial is hardly "shitting" on it. It's not like they made a joke version of anything like that. It also doesn't necessarily have something to do with "bending over backwards".

But then again, like I said. You are free to boycott whatever company you want.
    It's Orlong, he has the thinnest skin than anyone else on this forum. He's literally crying over being exposed to a language other than English.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    Believe it or not, there is a large number of people who only watch the Superbowl just to see the commercials because the production value of those commercials tend to be of higher quality than normal commercials.
    Doesn't make it any less baffling, they're advertisements.

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    They were pretty terrible this year though. The Spuds one was okay...

Deleted
    I am sure you will stick to your boycott for a few hours and then forget about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    In Texas it was not all that long ago there were no business at all except grocery stores open on Sundays. We still have a few businesses that practice that rule. Hobby Lobby is that way as is Chick-fil-a. You can't buy alcohol before noon on Sundays either.
    What's that gotta do with Shadow's point?

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Oh fuck off with that one. Our nation is diverse and was built by immigrants. It's called the "melting pot" for a reason. There's nothing wrong with immigrants so long as they're legal. Your complaint is unwarranted and invalid.

This add, I have to say, is pretty stupid. They're trying to make you feel bad for people trying to get to America illegally. No, fuck that. If you want to come to America, fine. Just do it the legal way. I give no fucks about what happens to those who try to come here illegally. And they got the wall all wrong. It's going to be a 10 ft metal fence. Also, someone should make en edit to the video where after they see the wall it fast forwards and you see their skeletons in the desert.

In case you didn't pay attention to the commercial, he came to America legally. You'll notice the document that was stamped at the beginning just before the ass hole (your ancestor I can only assume) says he's not welcome here. And by the way, there are a LOT of Americans with German ancestry.

This commercial is pretty stupid as well. No, you shouldn't tell her that Grandpa is worth more than Grandma. You should tell her that Grandma chose a career which pays less than the career that Grandpa chose and that women typically pursue careers which, on average, pay less than the careers that men typically choose to pursue. And tell her that is the real reason women, on average, make less. Not because of some "sexist" fucking horse shit.

Illegal immigration? How you did you pull that out of that ad? I mean I think they're trying a little too hard here, but who cares?

I mean... Trump does have some awful hair. No matter your political views I think we can all agree on that.

I can get behind this guy's responses.

Greatest troll post of all time?
    Or is this guy serious?
    Mother pus bucket!

Its insulting because its a patriotic hymn 2nd in reverence only to the National Anthem, and they shit on American culture by singing it in languages other than English. Back in the old days people immigrated to the US and assimilated to our customs and learned English. They didnt expect us to bend over backwards to accommodate theirs
    OK, but people still assimilate by learning English. That hasn't changed.

Deleted
    Whatever happened to the days where the commercials during the Superbowl were something to look forward to. Something that would always bring a smile to your face, and make a good topic of light hearted banter around the office the next day. Even if you didnt like the teams playing, you could enjoy the commercials. Now they are all like political campaign ads, and many of them drive away business. I thought the point of an ad was to advertise your product to increase sales. Not to be a vessel for political messages.
    ]
    You know who else reacts and acts like this? In fact, people like you do it far more and that's funny to me.

I am actually amazed how currently anything mentioning equality or immigration is immediatelly branded as evil liberal propaganda.
    I wonder how far US is from totally abandoning, say, feminism if even this Audi commercial is treated as propaganda.

It's like the US got burned so badly on the SJWs going way too far that any attempt to even touch those topics meets with strong preemptive action.

Going from extreme to extreme, no place for middle ground and discussion.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I know you aren't real but there was a push forward r a while for the official language of the USA to be German.
    It probably would've made it if the Dutch didn't sell their colonies such as New Amsterdam to the British.
    Would've probably meant a lot in the public opinion during the wars in Europe though, as even the British royalty being of Austrian decent was a big no-no.
    (Although it would've made decrypting the Enigma a bit easier to look for codewords)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Or is this guy serious?
    Hard to know with Orlong. He's consistently like this, always posting this stuff for YEARS. So if anything, he's dedicated.

This year once again, the Superbowl made it quite easy for me to round out my list of businesses to boycott.
    #SuckItUpButtercup

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    It's Orlong, he has the thinnest skin than anyone else on this forum. He's literally crying over being exposed to a language other than English.
    Wait, is he one of those people who thinks the Bible is originally in "New English"?

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Or is this guy serious?
    This is just Orlong's schtick. Don't think it's ever been confirmed if he's really this stupid, or just a really dedicated troll.

Sounds like you need a safespace from ads.

7+ Year Old Account
    @Orlong: It's far more likely these are just smart advertising companies taking advantage of this political climate, and get free news while people discuss the "ethics" of these ads.

But honestly man no need to get bet out of shape, whining like this makes you sound like all the SJWs crying over anything.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders