New hunter returning to wow

Hey all. I have a few questions about hunter dps and spec. What spec is overall the best? My leveling guide says BM, but currently I am MM. What is the main difference from the two in gameplay, roation and dps? Also, is Lone Wolf better than pet?

All questions you asked is answered in Azors guide on Icy Veins and it would've gone way faster for you to google "Hunter Legion Guide"

If you are just starting out this expansion just go BM and save yourself a lot of grief. MM is a dumpster fire of a rotation right now. BM isnt rocket science but it is less of a pain to play than MM. Like the person above me said google icy veins they have the best guides atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I rather think MM rotation is really easy atm.
    But I would also say go bm, just for the large number of good bm legendarys.
    Ring, belt, shoulder, boots even bracers will all work well. Add the trinket and you have good odds to get something better than a statstick.

Mostly the diffrences between the two are;
    With mm your a caster and have to manage caster problems. Your movement matters, targets movements does not.
    Mastery; Keeping up with the rotation with movement while using instants to move.

Bm; your a ranged melee. Your own movement does not matter, bm is only impared by boss movement & pets speed.
    Mastery; Focus management (killer cobra focus pooling) and cd management; when to unload/ cd stack.

And yes lone wolf is still the goto talent for pve at 110.
    Last edited by Ettan; 2017-02-07 at 03:29 AM.