Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    I want one for every hero, so much potential in the background stories!

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    there was a numbani teaser


    could be about lucio.

    - - - Updated - - -

    here's the picture.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...oken_doomfist/
    broken glass.

    looks like the gauntlet is stolen.

    :O
    I hope this means a Doomfist animation! Like we got with Sombra and Ana... oh wait. We got a comic for that. *grumbles*

  3. #23
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    16,865
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    there was a numbani teaser


    could be about lucio.

    - - - Updated - - -

    here's the picture.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/c...oken_doomfist/
    broken glass.

    looks like the gauntlet is stolen.

    :O
    So, Doomfist is working for Talon then.

  4. #24
    The Dwarf... Blizz would probably troll us with him hammering away at his turret for a good 20 seconds in first person.
    Last edited by BeerWolf; 2017-02-08 at 09:27 PM.

  5. #25
    ZaryaXRoadhog teehee

  6. #26
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    16,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    I hope this means a Doomfist animation! Like we got with Sombra and Ana... oh wait. We got a comic for that. *grumbles*
    Sombra got an animated short, Ana had 2 comics.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Sombra got an animated short, Ana had 2 comics.
    Yeah thats my gripe. Ana didn't get an animated short but Sombra did. I hope Ana does get a short in the future..

  8. #28
    DVA's backstory is incredibly shitty and she's the most pander-y character in the game, no idea why'd you want them to waste so much budget on an animation for her.

    Mei/Zen/Zarya would all be cool in my opinion, Mercy too.

  9. #29
    The Insane Jessicka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    16,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    DVA's backstory is incredibly shitty and she's the most pander-y character in the game, no idea why'd you want them to waste so much budget on an animation for her.

    Mei/Zen/Zarya would all be cool in my opinion, Mercy too.
    Perhaps to demonstrate she's not these things. There is no way you were expecting what we got with Last Bastion.

  10. #30
    Reinhardt and his fellow Crusaders back when they were a full group.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Perhaps to demonstrate she's not these things. There is no way you were expecting what we got with Last Bastion.
    That'd make her ingame version look even sillier though.

  12. #32
    The Undying GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Wokeville mah dood
    Posts
    38,466
    winky face!

  13. #33
    I'd love to see something with McCree, perhaps him encountering Junkrat and Roadhog. Hell, even a short with just the latter two.

    D.va vs colossal Omnics would also be a sight to see.

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Paladin / Warrior / My Anime List - - - - - - - - - - - - -

  14. #34
    Either how Zenyatta and Genji met/a montage of Zenyatta pestering Genji into joining him, or something actually explaining the relationship between Ana, Jack, and Gabe. At least two of them had the hots for eachother.

  15. #35
    Moderator Jester Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cafe Leblanc
    Posts
    24,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Perhaps to demonstrate she's not these things. There is no way you were expecting what we got with Last Bastion.
    I'm not sure why you wouldn't have, his backstory does cover that he started up years after the war.

    One unique Bastion unit, severely damaged in the final battles of the war, was left forgotten for over a decade. It lay dormant, exposed to the elements and rusting while nature slowly reclaimed it. Overgrown with vines and roots and nested upon by small animals, the robot sat inert, seemingly unaware of the passing of time. That was until one fateful day, when it unexpectedly reactivated. With its combat programming all but lost, it instead displayed an intense curiosity about the natural world and its inhabitants. This inquisitive Bastion unit set out to explore its surroundings and discover its purpose on a war-ravaged planet.
    https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/bastion/

    Granted, if D.Va got one, I imagine it would be covering how she fought to defend South Korea.

  16. #36
    I really want a Mercy short.

    She's pretty disillusioned after her time in Overwatch. She just wanted to help people but felt powerless to the growing corruption in the organization. Now she doesn't want Overwatch to be reformed.

    I think it would be cool to incorporate Genji in some way (I know he already got a short but hear me out). Once she "revived" him he felt almost similarly, but with his past and current condition rather than Overwatch. During the Dragons short though we see that he has since come to terms with who he is and feels he can make bring hope to people. Seeing as how Mercy is the one that gave him that second chance, it would be interesting to see him convince her to try and give Overwatch a second chance.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

  17. #37
    Moderator Jester Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Cafe Leblanc
    Posts
    24,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    I really want a Mercy short.

    She's pretty disillusioned after her time in Overwatch. She just wanted to help people but felt powerless to the growing corruption in the organization. Now she doesn't want Overwatch to be reformed.

    I think it would be cool to incorporate Genji in some way (I know he already got a short but hear me out). Once she "revived" him he felt almost similarly, but with his past and current condition rather than Overwatch. During the Dragons short though we see that he has since come to terms with who he is and feels he can make bring hope to people. Seeing as how Mercy is the one that gave him that second chance, it would be interesting to see him convince her to try and give Overwatch a second chance.
    To be fair, Genji was more of a sideline in Dragons, the focus was really Hanzo.

    Everything Genji did/said was about Hanzo. Reaper and Widowmaker appeared in multiple shorts, and Widowmaker got her own short even, so I don't see why it should be an issue honestly.

  18. #38
    Fluffy Kitten Majad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    13,531
    Zenyatta for sure, my favourite hero in OW, and then Zarya.
    MAL
    ----------------------
    Last.fm
    ----------------------
    Perfect Illusion

  19. #39
    My personal opinion is that the most interesting backstory, by far even, belongs to Widowmaker. I also feel as if it has the potential to be the most dramatic and/or emotional backstory-related animated short. I'd be surprised, however, if they were to give her another one before some of the other characters even got the chance to appear in one. It's a shame these animated shorts can not be pushed out more frequently because the best thing about this game, in my opinion, is the characters and their stories (which is ironic given the fact the actual game is pretty much empty in the lore department).

  20. #40
    I'd like to see something about everyone who hasn't been properly featured in a short or a comic yet, though I want a short about Lúcio the most by far.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •