Poll: Has the Rising Cost of the WoW Token made you unsub?

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I picked "I don't care ether way." My extended comment on the matter is: boo-hooo.

Deleted
    This is why I've always paid my sub with RL money. I just want to play the game when I like it, not worry about how much more herbs I need to farm to get the token this month or start bothering with the AH. I don't think making money in WoW is fun. I rather make some money in RL, which goes quicker anyway.

Deleted
    All I can say to the OP and these kind of inane threads is "Get A Grip!!"

Honestly the stupid and purile things people use an excuse to quit the game.

ITS A GAME! Its there to be played and enjoyed. If your so upset by an optional, non-game breaking item. Then really just go.

What next? "There`s too many trees in game, I quit","Theirs an NPC in Dala with a squinty eye, I QUIT!!"

Seriously, just get a god damn grip!!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    If your budget is so tight that you cannot afford $15 per month to play WoW, which means saving $0.50 each day, then you shouldn't be playing it regardless, as you obviously need to re-evaluate your current financial situation.

Should you, however, decide to play regardless, you can always go donate blood at your local clinic. One donation usually pays enough to cover the cost of 3 months of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    The price "determined by an algorithm" is still based on the fundamentals of economics. And the same thing happens in the real world with, for example, national currencies.

The reason that the price spiked is because a whole ton of people rushed to buy tokens for Battle.net balance. As this happened it pushed the price up, which no doubt spurred a lot of "panic" buying by people who feared that the price would keep going up. People like you....

I'll bet that when you bought those tokens you were very chuffed with yourself for getting in before the peak, but of course now that the price has normalised again, you are pissed.

You took an in ill informed gamble because you panicked.

Don't go blaming Blizzard for it.
    yep. its pretty much how stock trading goes, actualy.

edited to add, I'm not sure about Danmark or even other parts of the country.. but I've yet to find a hospital anywhere near where we live, or work that pays for blood donations. they give largely symbolic gifts though. and free orange juice

Deleted
    If any thing this thread was created not to garner how many folk will quit due to a temp increase in gold from wow tokens, but rather to feed the OP`s own agenda. Which is to stir the pot and see just how many pages/replys they can get on the MMO-C forums.

Sadly weve all the taken the bait :/

Either way it still bugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been unsubbed a while (wishing I had bought a bunch of tokens upon their release last expansion when gold was plentiful and tokens were cheap) mostly because I've been busy with other things and I have a bad habit of wasting game time I've payed for not recouping gold for the next token. I'm planning on coming back because I've wanted two name changes but have been unwilling to shell out real money for them, my only fear was I wouldn't be able to because tokens would be sold out but it looks like they're not? I'll probably continue to not remain subbed much as my computer inhibits my ability for raiding and dungeons but I do like the new token thing and if I have adequate time to play I don't mind the price as the only other thing I'd ever spend gold on is runs through content for mounts or the like I'd be unable to get otherwise (see: bit about prohibitive computer hardware.) but if I don't have adequate time to play I'd be afraid of going broke and actually being unable to buy the next months token.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Pretty much this, even in my shitty country I get money for sub within 2 hours of job. It will take at least 10 times more effort to buy token with gold.
    Whily my country is not "shitty", I get your point. I need to work maybe 1-2 hours to pay the sub and possible extra expenses (like buying a new mouse or a shop pet or something like that). I don't have the time to dedicate to gold farming as well, because I already spend 60-70 hours a week on work and commuting. And WoW sub is very cheap compared to other sources of entertainment. So, I rather have fun in the game and pay my sub fee, than spend all my gaming time farming gold and doing nothing which is more fun to me.

Deleted
    i've quit a couple months ago, for me it has less to do with token price (im still subbed via tokens till september? 2017 i think, + ive got 10 tokens in inventory and a couple million gold in stash should i want to buy more) its just that legion is a pretty terrible expansion, for me at least.

too much semi-mandatory farm if you want to raid mythic, and raiding is practically only thing im interested in as far as wow goes. WoD was almost perfect in that one matter (the amount of time you need to spend outside of raids to be able to raid) - you could just log on for raids and not play wow any other time :P

Deleted
    Nah they're still dirt cheap. If they rose to around 1mil per token, I might consider paying for sub/quitting but anything below, nah.. cause I make around 1 mil a month through just passively doing the things I do anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    That's kind of the point of the post though; if the cost of a subscription to WoW is too much money for someone to spare, they should be putting their time invested in WoW into something else to better their lives such as searching for a better/second job to generate more money instead of spending money that will make life troublesome for them.
    Except the cost of living in said countries is so much lower that, in general, they can a good quality of life for much cheaper.

Only imported goods with "regular Europe" prices are comparatively much higher than their wages.

Example (pretendish numbers):

In France it costs €12,99 for a month of World of Warcraft and €12,99 for a ticket to the movies (including sundries).
    In Croatia it costs €12,99 for a month of World of Warcraft and (the equivalent of) €5,99 for a ticket to the movies (including sundries).

The Frenchman can choose easily to spend his expendable income on either World of Warcraft or going to the movies once a month, as they are both of equal monetary value.
    The Croatian however could go to his local theatre twice for the price of World of Warcraft. Comparatively, World of Warcraft is twice as expensive.
    The Croatian's money is still disposable income, but it's more appealing to him to grind the gold to buy a token, as he can get more bang-for-his buck spending that money on luxuries not affected by the high exchange rate.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Hi OP,

Returned to the game already?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    Still your own fault. It was easily predictable. I buyed 10 tokens to sell them 2M and now i can buy 20 tokens with the 2M. I paid 200 euros to make 260 euros worth of battle.net balance
    /slowclap

I'll buy the rest of the 25 tokens, will still have enough gold on my characters, turn the tokens to 455€ worth of battlenet balance and won't have spend a single fucking real euro.

Lol imagine actually buying tokens with real money.

You actually spend 200 euros on battlenet balance? lol
    Last edited by mmoc841a2d9c40; 2017-02-08 at 12:04 PM.

(EU) Picked 4 up for 116k a few hours back, and now I can't even buy one Wish I'd just picked up all 10, but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grab Her By The Pussy View Post
    /slowclap

I'll buy the rest of the 25 tokens, will still have enough gold on my characters, turn the tokens to 455€ worth of battlenet balance and won't have spend a single fucking real euro.

You actually spend 200 euros on battlenet balance? lol
    I'm not planning to stop WoW. It's worth two years of subs + next xpack for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Let me be 100% clear this is not a I Quit thread.

As someone who has stayed subbed via WoW tokens since there release, The price rising has made me decide to quit. WoW is a good game and there is aspects I like and dislike about legion. But there is only a couple games I feel is worth a monthy sub and WoW isn't one of them. So I didn't mind spending my gold to get tokens and keep playing.

But now that you can convert your WoW tokens to Battle Net Balance (Im ok with this) the price is rising and is now well out of the range I am ok paying for. Due to this I will be ending my sub once my current token runs out.

Does anyone else feel the same way or does this not really effect you at all?

As it stands the current token price (as of this post) on the US Region is 76k and rising. Good chance when it mellows out it will be a bit over 100k. For me personally if its above 60k I won't be subbing.

This isn't a thread to debate WoW Token region prices or even me to be like (I'm quiting bla bla bla).

The main point of this thread is me asking the community on MMOC if the rising token prices in your region has gone up enough to make you unsub.

(If Tokens ever drop under 60k, Then I will be more then happy to resub).
    It hit 200k on EU servers.

Honestly if thats your reason for quitting wow I'd wager you should probably have quit long ago

Deleted
    Price is not worth it up from 150 ks, you can make $15/€13 on roughly 2 hours work; while that gold needs more time. Time is money, friend.

/slowclap
    You laugh at them, yet without them you wouldn't be able to be a free loader.

And the fact your have a trump account makes this whole thing beautiful

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    I'm not planning to stop WoW. It's worth two years of subs + next xpack for free.
    /facepalm

Of course you missed the point.

The point is, if you're not an absolute idiot, you can make enough gold with little effort and get all of that for free. Hence you wouldn't have to pay 200€ for lol services. You would get that for free.

That's like you going to a prostitute and then when you tell your friends and they say "dude wtf, you have to pay for it, how pathetic" and you reply with "what, it was worth it to me... was worth my money".

When the point really is you're a cave troll who can't get a woman to touch you out of her own free will.

But continue to feel smart that you "only" had to pay 200 euro to get 260 euro worth of services in an online game. When other people can get that for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    You laugh at them, yet without them you wouldn't be able to be a free loader.

And the fact your have a trump account makes this whole thing beautiful
    lol I'm not a freeloader

That's some backwards ass logic.

A trump account? I didn't know I could get a trump account here. Here I thought I'm only gonna change my avatar to a picture of trump and change my name to the most hilarious thing any human being has ever said in milennia, but I can actually have a "trump account"? Sign me up. We're gonna make MMO-Champion great again. Like back when Boub owned the site and it wasn't infested with cucked SJW fanboi mods.
    Last edited by mmoc841a2d9c40; 2017-02-08 at 12:22 PM.

/facepalm

Of course you missed the point.

The point is, if you're not an absolute idiot, you can make enough gold with little effort and get all of that for free. Hence you wouldn't have to pay 200€ for lol services. You would get that for free.

That's like you going to a prostitute and then when you tell your friends and they say "dude wtf, you have to pay for it, how pathetic" and you reply with "what, it was worth it to me... was worth my money".

When the point really is you're a cave troll who can't get a woman to touch you out of her own free will.

But continue to feel smart that you "only" had to pay 200 euro to get 260 euro worth of services in an online game.

- - - Updated - - -

lol I'm not a freeloader

That's some backwards ass logic.

A trump account? I didn't know I could get a trump account here. Here I thought I'm only gonna change my avatar to a picture of trump and change my name to the most hilarious thing any human being has ever said in milennia, but I can actually have a "trump account"? Sign me up. We're gonna make MMO-Champion great again. Like back when Boub owned the site and it wasn't infested with cucked SJW fanbois.
    I've got free 60 euros without any kind of work and without spending a single penny or gold. 60 euros from nothing more than market fluctuation.

Other people aren't getting that for "free". They spend gold. Gold now have a real world money conversion ratio. They just convert it they gain nothing.

It's like i'm buying 500$ for 200 euros then sell back the 500$ to 300 euros later when the change ratio is at my advantage.

Economics 101

But please continue to be smart, with your superior intellect you sure are making MMO-Champion great again.
    Last edited by Erwarth; 2017-02-08 at 12:29 PM.