Poll: Has the Rising Cost of the WoW Token made you unsub?

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ...
    I went on hiatus for the time being because I bought some tokens. Free Destiny 2 was great.

No, I just switched back to paying by card, and being more choosy about when I play. If they think I'm sticking around through a content drought, they can think again.

We had it good for a while, but those days are gone. 284k right now for EU. I can't make that in a month without resorting to things I don't find fun. I'd rather just play something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was never interested in getting involved with those tokens. I knew their price was ridiculous and it seems it keeps getting more ridiculous. I knew right from the start that I didn't play WoW enough to be able to afford them so I didn't concern myself with them. I'll just stick to buying my time.

Although it's nice that they have that option in there for people who play the game enough to have that much gold to be able to buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Let me be 100% clear this is not a I Quit thread.

As someone who has stayed subbed via WoW tokens since there release, The price rising has made me decide to quit. WoW is a good game and there is aspects I like and dislike about legion. But there is only a couple games I feel is worth a monthy sub and WoW isn't one of them. So I didn't mind spending my gold to get tokens and keep playing.

But now that you can convert your WoW tokens to Battle Net Balance (Im ok with this) the price is rising and is now well out of the range I am ok paying for. Due to this I will be ending my sub once my current token runs out.

Does anyone else feel the same way or does this not really effect you at all?

As it stands the current token price (as of this post) on the US Region is 76k and rising. Good chance when it mellows out it will be a bit over 100k. For me personally if its above 60k I won't be subbing.

This isn't a thread to debate WoW Token region prices or even me to be like (I'm quiting bla bla bla).

The main point of this thread is me asking the community on MMOC if the rising token prices in your region has gone up enough to make you unsub.

(If Tokens ever drop under 60k, Then I will be more then happy to resub).
    Just curious about what other games you feel are worth a monthly sub that are superior to wow ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghrog View Post
    Considering how ridiculously easy it is to farm gold in Legion? LOL hell no. I get about 8000 gold/day just from my order halls.

Even if the tokens didn't exist I'd still stay subbed, but regardless the price is peanuts still.
    Easy? That's way less than it was in WOD with Garrisons, plus you actually need to play your toons to get resources while in WOD you had passive ressources.

Higher, higher, higher. Tempt me to give money for your gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    How can anyone say the price is fine? 190k is absurd. I was just forced to pay it as I got kicked off in the middle of a mythic run with no warning.

- - - Updated - - -

Why is the token so much then? Shouldn't it be equivalent to a months subscription?

Hearing what you said makes me even more pissed I just purchased a token. I'm a casual player who plays on a single character and doesn't farm. I mean I do gold missions on class hall, but if I wanted to make 190k in or around a months time, I would also have to farm gold wq and maybe work professions/ah? At that point, it just feels like you are playing to farm so that you can keep on playing to farm. Sounds like insanity to me. I keep forgetting there are more entertaining/less frustrating games that I can play for free.
    TFW you realize everything in life is basically a scam, lol.

Sub with a token means Blizzard makes 20$, regular sub means Blizzard makes 15$. And buying token with gold means you need to farm a lot with the current price.

I used to buy tokens when they were 25-30k.

Now I give less money to Blizzard and I don't feel forced to play to make gold. Life is much better.

The game costs $20 a month to play. It's dirt cheap. Get a job lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Let me be 100% clear this is not a I Quit thread.

As someone who has stayed subbed via WoW tokens since there release, The price rising has made me decide to quit. WoW is a good game and there is aspects I like and dislike about legion. But there is only a couple games I feel is worth a monthy sub and WoW isn't one of them. So I didn't mind spending my gold to get tokens and keep playing.

But now that you can convert your WoW tokens to Battle Net Balance (Im ok with this) the price is rising and is now well out of the range I am ok paying for. Due to this I will be ending my sub once my current token runs out.

Does anyone else feel the same way or does this not really effect you at all?

As it stands the current token price (as of this post) on the US Region is 76k and rising. Good chance when it mellows out it will be a bit over 100k. For me personally if its above 60k I won't be subbing.

This isn't a thread to debate WoW Token region prices or even me to be like (I'm quiting bla bla bla).

The main point of this thread is me asking the community on MMOC if the rising token prices in your region has gone up enough to make you unsub.

(If Tokens ever drop under 60k, Then I will be more then happy to resub).
    I'm sorry, what? We have token prices In EU at least that are like 200k+ and you're complaining about 76k?

To be fair I agree with you, but a few thousand more Isn't that bad.. at least It isn't as bad as EU has It now. It should be around the 50k price range for me as gold Isn't so easy to get these days anymore, and really It should be a separate thing, pricing wow token for sub should be 50k flat unmoving price. And for other services higher, I don't really care for battle.net balance as I only play Overwatch and WoW.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    Dontcha just hate all those posts - 'lul, I make 10million gold per second with simple auctioning, cmon you noob'.

Deleted
    There's prices for the tokens in a thread I made which was around the same time in WoDs lifecycles.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-vendor-prices

Not sure if I understand the thread properly. Why would the token price affect me playing or not? Do you realize that it's the miniscule minority of people who play exclusively using tokens? Most of us pay for the entertainment we are provided with.

I don't know how to make lots of money quick and I'm not interested in learning really. From what I gather it involves doing stuff that is boring/mundane/complicated. I pay for wow via prepaid game time cards, because the sub costs more in my location than them.

I have not interacted with the tokens as of yet. If anything, I might buy one for real money at some point to get more gold in the game, definitely not the other way around.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2017-11-18 at 08:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    I'm sorry, what? We have token prices In EU at least that are like 200k+ and you're complaining about 76k?
    Maybe you should take a look at the date of the post you're replying to.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped playing partly due to boredom (been playing since 06) and the cost of the tokens. Paying 80k gold was a bit much, but doable seeing as I didn't buy much of anything with it, but now, no way am I paying close to 200k gold.