Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Question Smartwatch recommendations

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a new smartwatch. I run and workout daily so something with a fitness tracker would be nice. I read the apple watch series 2 is good but I'm also looking at the Samsung gear s3. I want something that will last. My max budget is $450 and that includes tax.

inb4, Apple Watch are compatible only with iPhone.

I'm using 1st gen Apple Watch for like 2 years, and they're amazing, with Apple Pay, unlocking my MacBook, notifications and stuff. But I don't do workouts, so I can't tell you if they're any good as fitness device. To sum: they're awesome as smartwatch, ??? as fitness tracker.

15+ Year Old Account
    A few months ago, I would have recommended a Pebble, but now... not so much. =/
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

None of them, waste of money imo, a lot of better stuff and more useful that are cheaper.

i mean i love my smartphone, but smartwatches are just stupid imo in design *a watch that acts like a worse smartphone*

unless your into fitness/cardio/working out, i see no use.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    None of them, waste of money imo, a lot of better stuff and more useful that are cheaper.

i mean i love my smartphone, but smartwatches are just stupid imo in design *a watch that acts like a worse smartphone*

unless your into fitness/cardio/working out, i see no use.
    1. Not having to pull your phone out of your pocket to check notifications, saves you time and saves the possibility of dropping your phone
    2. The numerous exercise and wellness apps and benefits including internal storage for music so you don't need to carry a phone around with you
    3. Stylish (most of them)

There are 3 incredibly simple reasons there. If you're not going to answer his question, peace out of the conversation and take your negativity elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Roetorooter View Post
    1. Not having to pull your phone out of your pocket to check notifications, saves you time and saves the possibility of dropping your phone
    2. The numerous exercise and wellness apps and benefits including internal storage for music so you don't need to carry a phone around with you
    3. Stylish (most of them)

There are 3 incredibly simple reasons there. If you're not going to answer his question, peace out of the conversation and take your negativity elsewhere
    have to laugh at that bolded part, cause everyone i know can't stand to be without their phone for 2 seconds........... also you ignored what i said, about fitness already basically being the only use, also no one wears watches anymore because they were never in style, just that they wanted to know time before CELL PHONES.

Also to lazy to pull your phone out?
    Also who doesn't buy a case for their phone to protect it?*except stupid people who are asking to pay for a new phone really quick* I got my case for free with part of a bonus for my trade in, and there not even expensive to begin with but can save you ton's of money for very little. my phone will be safe if i ever wash it/drop it, but that has yet to happen, but i see people drop their phones all the time.

*also when i was in management i never could get phones detached from peoples faces and do their work because i don;t know maybe it basically was surgically attached to it HEHEHEH*
    Last edited by Arthas242; 2017-02-05 at 03:01 AM.

Deleted
    I found this site: whichphone.us quite good to look for not just smartwatches, but smartphones and tablets as well. You can search between many properties or even compare devices.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    have to laugh at that bolded part, cause everyone i know can't stand to be without their phone for 2 seconds........... also you ignored what i said, about fitness already basically being the only use, also no one wears watches anymore because they were never in style, just that they wanted to know time before CELL PHONES.

Also to lazy to pull your phone out?
    Also who doesn't buy a case for their phone to protect it?*except stupid people who are asking to pay for a new phone really quick* I got my case for free with part of a bonus for my trade in, and there not even expensive to begin with but can save you ton's of money for very little. my phone will be safe if i ever wash it/drop it, but that has yet to happen, but i see people drop their phones all the time.

*also when i was in management i never could get phones detached from peoples faces and do their work because i don;t know maybe it basically was surgically attached to it HEHEHEH*

Did you just say watches aren't fashionable and have never been in style? Looks like we found the 15 year old. Because no man would ever say watches aren't stylish. That's such a stupid comment I truly am surprised you can breath.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Did you just say watches aren't fashionable and have never been in style? Looks like we found the 15 year old. Because no man would ever say watches aren't stylish. That's such a stupid comment I truly am surprised you can breath.
    Yeah, really. If all a watch was for was telling time before cell phones, why are Rolex's a thing? I mean, it's just to tell the time, not a fasion statement, no need for such an expensive watch if it's just for telling time. Oh, wait, it's a fashion statement to wear a Rolex.

I bought my father a gear 2 for birthday. He doesn't know shit about smartphones or the use of the watch with any application on it. He tracks the daily stuff + walking and cycling.He is amazed from the features and the accuracy (tracked before with his smarphone). The price was around 160€ and the battery duration is up for around 2 to 3 days (if he keeps the activity to normal use and no sports)

Buy good normal watch better.