Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogues NH tricks/max dps advices

Hello friends, whats your tricks to max dps/avoid mechanics in NH?

My trick is called tunnel

Deleted
    Mechanics are not for rogues

Deleted
    I just press my "boost dps" button and then cloak of shadows.

I am sorry, was this a serious question?

Idk man use shadowstep if u get knocked backed by shockwave on skorpyron

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenoxar View Post
    Idk man use shadowstep if u get knocked backed by shockwave on skorpyron
    hahahhahaha. This killed me.

Most of the tricks would be maximizing your use of Cloak of Shadows. You can use it in almost any fight to gain a dps increase. For example on Tich, you can cloak his missle barrage skill so you can dps instead of going behind a pillar. You can also cloak all the debuffs on Star Auger, even to negate the fear casted by the big add in P3. You can cloak time bombs off on Elisande and even bonds of terror on Gul'Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aureli View Post
    My trick is called tunnel
    Tunneling the boss is the real trick on just about every fight because of how surge of toxins works. Assassination will always be mediocre at best with AoE because our core mechanics rely on chaining finishers.

10+ Year Old Account
    As people have pointed out, being a good rogue means ignoring mechanics with Cloak or at least minimizing their impact with feint when that's not an option. I'll throw here a list of moments I feel these 2 skills come in hand, I'm bound to miss a few though, so feel free to add to it.

Scorpyron. Not much to do on Normal or Heroic, but on Mythic you can ignore red scale explosions with Cloak. Probably his frontal magic cleave too, but... just walk out of that, I mean come on...

Chronomatic Anomaly. If you're far from the group because you were killing adds or detonating a time bomb consider popping cloak to help out the healers through Power Overwhelming, after all you'll probably be out of range of some of them.

Trilliax. Even on Mythic I find I can survive jumping on exploding scrubbers with feint, even if I don't have the feast buff. Not something you should have to do, but good to keep in mind if things go south. Cloak is usefull if you have to stand on ooze to attack him. You CANNOT cloak through his beam though! That will still one-shot you on heroic/mythic! I have the scars to prove it...

Spellblade Aluriel. So much you can bypass here with Cloak or Feint. If it looks shiny, cloak it off. I find it specially useful for frost add AoEs, you can even walk out of the edge and not get frozen. Dunno why you would though...

High Botanist Tel'arn. Again you can cloak through almost everything here, but since most of it is easilly dodged I like saving it in case I need to cut open a path through Toxic Spores near the end of the fight.

Krosus. Again, if it's green and flashy, cloak it. You can also help the tanks soak his fist smash attacks. You shouldn't have to do that, but it's there in case one of your tanks falls in the water.

Star Augur Etraeus. Cloak the world. Specially useful to avoid Fel Nova. If Outlaw grapple hook out of the way in the last second of Frost Nova.

Tichondrius. As Hecktix mentioned, you can cloak his barrage, but you can also dps him through the pillar sometimes. His hitbox is surprisingly large.

Elisande. Just popped your CDs but there are Arcanetic Rings coming your way? You guessed it, cloak'em. You can also soak Epocheric Orbs like nothing with Feint.

Gul'dan. If you have cloak active nothing can interrupt your Time Dilation buff, but it's still better saved in case you need to brake Bounds. On phase 3 use Feint to soak more spirits, help out with Black Harvest and use cloak to keep dpsing him through Storm of the Destroyer (has to be well timed though, the Storm lasts longer than Cloak). More important than that is Sprinting the hell out if you have Flames of Sargeras, even if you're playing Outlaw! Save that Grapple Hook to avoid Storm if you're not confortable cloaking it.

make sure you shadowstep to trilliax when he does his beam. you get there super fast!

To add on to Tich, if you are going to cloak his barrage, you should face tank the first 1 or 2 tickets and then cloak. Cloak does not last the full duration of the barrage and the first ticks are supposed to be weaker than the final ones.

Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    make sure you shadowstep to trilliax when he does his beam. you get there super fast!
    I actually do this all the time, you just gotta move right away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Better press shadowstrike, so much fun

Regarding Gul'dan, is there a macro for the Time Dilation extra button?
    Also, when do you guys usually activate the first Time Dilation? Right after his first liquid hellfire?

@sk8jack On progress I used Time Dilation for the Inquisitor add, right after I believe 2nd Liquid Hellfire cast.

On farm I use it right off on pull

Macro:

/click ExtraActionButton

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8jack View Post
    Regarding Gul'dan, is there a macro for the Time Dilation extra button?
    Also, when do you guys usually activate the first Time Dilation? Right after his first liquid hellfire?
    Why would you need macro if you can BIND this button in your settings?

Equip your Sephuz and kidney shot the boss for maximum damage potential

Quote Originally Posted by Hecktix View Post
    To add on to Tich, if you are going to cloak his barrage, you should face tank the first 1 or 2 tickets and then cloak. Cloak does not last the full duration of the barrage and the first ticks are supposed to be weaker than the final ones.
    tested it yesterday on hc:
    you have to face the first 5-6 ticks to catch the last tick with cloak (gtfo helps with counting^^)

gul'dan:
    you should step his pushback after p1
    Last edited by Zulmaan; 2017-02-09 at 01:12 PM.

Deleted
    Hey, while we`re on the subject of boss tip`s could I get some for Elisande on HC?
    As sin, do you always stay on the boss? If you help with the add killing do you use CD`s on the adds?
    Do you pop CD`s at the start of the fight on the boss?
    And when would be the best time to pop CD`s during the fight?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Lyvie View Post
    Hey, while we`re on the subject of boss tip`s could I get some for Elisande on HC?
    As sin, do you always stay on the boss? If you help with the add killing do you use CD`s on the adds?
    Do you pop CD`s at the start of the fight on the boss?
    And when would be the best time to pop CD`s during the fight?
    Thank you
    I am going to assume you are assassination.

It depends on how good your group is really. What I usually do is pop all CDs on boss at opening and when add spawns I put my 2pc bleed and a 5pt Rupture on it and stay on boss till all CDs fall off. I continue this pretty much throughout the entire fight. Stay on boss, put bleeds on all the adds. When you have both the red and blue add together, you can FoK for AP stacking. You usually don't want to hold onto CDs for too long. Yes it would be optimal if you could line up your CDs with the red buff but if you you hold your CDs too long, you potentially lose out on an extra cast which isn't worth it on a fight like Elisande. Usually as sin, whenever there are important adds to down, your main priority is keeping up your rupture/garrote on these tarrgets for Venomous Wounds procs.