Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    sadly illgynoth does speak the truth though, some old gods do speak the truth, a twisted version that you may not allways want to hear, but what he says is likley, he wouldent be so vague for no reason, cthun he was a fucking liar,
    So we get to pick and choose which bosses speak the truth now? I like Deathwing's truths then which means he's still alive.

- - - Updated - - -

well cthun was a liar
    but yog sarron using the whispering box actuallty tells you the truth, leading you to some pretty cool stuff, like a massive skeleton under the ocean, yog sarron just tells you stuff, he doesent try to force anything onto you like "this WILL happen" he goes on about differant things that may happen and does tell truths, "all that you know will fade" well the cataclysm did that, the world we knew changed forever "you are upon a forces unseen" he is correct there aswell, we dident know about the void gods and their massive influence on the old gods he also spoke the truth that he was the one who made the emerald nightmare (but nzoth took over it) also "no king rules forever" same lines arthas said

also we see during the yog sarron fight we see where the old gods had fucked with stuff, and that is the truth, we saw the killing of the king by garrona using blades of darkness, the torturing of bolvar in one of the saronite spires, and the corruption of deathwing by the old gods

he also calls the planet a seedling... now seedlings grow into things? so this seems to have been a hint towards the "planet is a titan" ? (or coincidence but idk)

overall going over all the qoutes, cthun was the only right out liar, the rest just said "yo bro you should do that, do this, do that, i am this, i am that"
    other then cthun none of them whent "yo bro this is gunna happen" where even cthun just whent "your friends will betray you, they will abandon you, they are not your friends"

You're stating opinion not fact.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caruktna View Post
    Well... consider that he is half Dark Iron, the people who served Ragnaros for years... who was a servant for the OGs.

All im saying, Anduin its not the only one who "fits" the boy king thing, and with current events i belive Dagran II is a better choice.

- - - Updated - - -

and Garrosh call him a Whelp, that doesnt makes him a dragon.
    the elemental lords only served the old gods because they were forced to for awhile, they never did it willingly
    also where did this "garrosh calling him a whelp" thing come from? you brought it out of no where
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    "He will learn, no king rules forever!"
    That wasn't so much of a truth as a threat. Yogg thought he was going to kill us and was at war with Arthas.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    That was retconned. They elemental lords mostly despise the OGs because when they came they took the rule from them. They actually joined together to wage war on them when they landed, but lost.

Didnt they then served to the OGs? al akir and ragnaros also fighted the titans as they where enslaved by the OG, then the titans banished them. (chronicles V1. Ch.2)

Didnt they then served to the OGs? al akir and ragnaros also fighted the titans as they where enslaved by the OG, then the titans banished them. (chronicles V1. Ch.2)
    It wasn't willingly and once the titans ordered Azeroth, Rag, Nep, and Therazane severed ties. It's implied Al Akir might have still been in cahoots. DW summoned Rag to Azeroth, but then he just did his own thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    So we get to pick and choose which bosses speak the truth now? I like Deathwing's truths then which means he's still alive.

- - - Updated - - -

You're stating opinion not fact.
    again, the 3 other old gods havent lied to us, they have stated fact, and shown us the truth, illgynoth speaks some truth aswell, cthun was the only one who lied in the slightest

also "omfg a enemy lied, that mean no enemy ever can tell the truth"
    and no deathwing has proven many times he was a liar, the old gods seem to have some sort of twisted truth they like to speak, they tell us what they see, it is truth, but it is surrounded in corruption, and given to you to be a small seed of corruption to crush your mind

- - - Updated - - -

That wasn't so much of a truth as a threat. Yogg thought he was going to kill us and was at war with Arthas.
    yog was not at war with arthas... the old gods wanted arthas to succeed...

again, the 3 other old gods havent lied to us, they have stated fact, and shown us the truth, illgynoth speaks some truth aswell, cthun was the only one who lied in the slightest

also "omfg a enemy lied, that mean no enemy ever can tell the truth"
    and no deathwing has proven many times he was a liar, the old gods seem to have some sort of twisted truth they like to speak, they tell us what they see, it is truth, but it is surrounded in corruption, and given to you to be a small seed of corruption to crush your mind
    How have they not lied to us? How is Illgynoth speaking truth. You keep stating "They aren't lying" as if it's fact with 0 evidence to this. Stop talking if you can't support your claim.

And more headcanon I see in claiming the OGs wanted Arthas to succeed. Citation needed while in game quests etc reveal that Arthas and Yogg did not get along.
    Last edited by purebalance; 2017-02-07 at 05:36 PM.

Yeah... he is not a "boy" anymore guys... i know he is young, but he is not a boy...

The only boy king atm is Dagran II. So we will have to wait until he grows up, i belive.
    Illidan is all grown up too...still gets referred to as "Child"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Illidan is all grown up too...still gets referred to as "Child"
    While I'd like a source on that, I could easily say he acts like a spoiled child enough to be called a child. About the only one I could see saying this is Cenarius who is obviously older than all of them.

Maybe people really hate Anduin :/

Considering that Magni now has direct acces to Azeroths, having a Dwarf serving the OG would make way more sense in that story line than another "oh, look... the guy who was good, now is bad, and he will become good again" thing...

Deleted
    Oh... I always thought he was refering to Wrathion... as in "prince"

and the other line
    "From the earth, he draws strength. Our earth. Our strength." hints at his realm of power as a member of the earth-warder dragonflight.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-02-07 at 05:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Where has Il'gynoth, Yogg, or heart of Y'shaarj said anything that is a half truth or truth?
    simply heres a list

Cthun=you will die (he was right)

Yog= showing us the three scenarios
    there is forces unseen at play
    this planet is a seed
    we will never truly die
    they are coming for you
    everything you know will fade
    i am your nightmare
    your will is no longer your own
    no king rules forever, only death is eternal

yshaarj= all should bow before you (you flatter me yshaarj >#u#> )
    All you have accomplished yet you still lick the boot of kings
    your allies think you are weak (this seems meta)

nzoth= now that you have heard our whispers it is only a matter of time till you are ours (very much the truth for shadow priests)

yog puzzle box=at the bottem of the ocean even light must die
    there is no sharp distiction between the real and unreal (the emerald nightmare shows this, as it can become so real even when unreal)
    even death may die
    all places all things have souls, all souls can be devoured(literally everything has a soul in wow)
    you will all be alone in the end (well yes when we die we are alone)
    in the land of ny'alotha there is only sleep
    in the sleeping city of ny'alotha walk over mad things
    ny'alotha is a city of old terrible unumbered crimes
    the void sucks at your soul, it is content to feast slowly
    the drowned gods heart is black ice(nzoth)
    in the sunken city, he lays dreaming(more nzoth)
    did you have that dream again? of a black goat with 7 eyes outside? (reference to ysharj)
    the giant rook watches from the dead trees. nothing breaths beneath his shadow (reference to the nightmare)

illgynoth= her heart is a crater, (if this speaks about azeroth it is right and he is telling the truth, as azeroth is becoming more and more corrupt)
    the king of diamonds has been made a pawn( this is right, the king magni, has become nothing but a servent to azeroth now)
    From the earth he ushers his strength... our earth.. our strength (deathwing and the black dragonflight being the aspects of earth, they draw their power from azeroth... and well thats why they become corrupt... the old gods have corrupted the "earth" allthough shouldent it be called azeroth? eh whatever)
    Flesh is his gift, he is your true creator (he is right, we would not exist without the curse of flesh, as we were born from the cursed titan creations when they turned to flesh)

the preist weapon also speaks alot of truths

overall yash and cthun do tell lies but it is during phases you are inside of their mind, and they are trying to consume you

- - - Updated - - -

How have they not lied to us? How is Illgynoth speaking truth. You keep stating "They aren't lying" as if it's fact with 0 evidence to this. Stop talking if you can't support your claim.

And more headcanon I see in claiming the OGs wanted Arthas to succeed. Citation needed while in game quests etc reveal that Arthas and Yogg did not get along.
    read above
    all of that is truths they have told us
    also the old gods wanted arthas to succeed so they could take over... do you not remember what icecrown is covered in? what arthas's armoring was made of? what his very citidal was made of? the corruption metal called saronite... the blood of yog sarron... and yog sarron showed us he had a say in what happened, and possibly helped in corrupting and empowering arthas

also where did we EVER see the old gods minions fighting the undead?
    and why would the old gods not want the planet to be rid of us? for undead to walk the planet, for the old gods to have nothing to stop them from unleashing their might?

- - - Updated - - -

While I'd like a source on that, I could easily say he acts like a spoiled child enough to be called a child. About the only one I could see saying this is Cenarius who is obviously older than all of them.
    arthas was called a boy even in his mid 20s by uther

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    anduin isnt over 18. anduin is 16 in legion.
    hes only 16 in legion? holy shit, ok well then even more he is "boy king"

Last edited by FelPlague; 2017-02-07 at 05:57 PM.

Deleted
    just because somone is over 18 doesent mean they arnt a boy anymore... boy just means a younge male... and its all perspective
    yes a 18 year old is a man
    but to a 90 year old our million of year old creature like an old god, a 18 year old is still a "boy"

definition
    "a male child or young man."
    Unfortunately, it's 16 because Blizzard rewrote the time line in a very stupid fashion.

They want us to swallow that only 6 years passed since vanilla in a game that is 12 years old. I am not saying that they should pretend that the game is going in real time, but more believe time gabs would have been appreciated. As things stand now? We are jumping about campaign to campaign like morons without grace periods. People who have been roleplaying for years now suddenly had all the events they went through messed up alongside the ages of their characters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalec View Post
    Unfortunately, it's 16 because Blizzard rewrote the time line in a very stupid fashion.

They want us to swallow that only 6 years passed since vanilla in a game that is 12 years old. I am not saying that they should pretend that the game is going in real time, but more believe time gabs would have been appreciated. As things stand now? We are jumping about campaign to campaign like morons without grace periods. People who have been roleplaying for years now suddenly had all the events they went through messed up alongside the ages of their characters.
    are you sure? because the start of wod was 6 years after vanilla...

so we should be about 8 years now..
    if wod takes 1 year, and we have 1 year between wod and legion then well, there we go, hes 18

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Kalec View Post

oh shit... if he is 16 he is a young male, a legal minor.

Ok, w/e... he can fit as boy king lol still, he is not the only one who fits the description.

Deleted

This actually cites it as 7 years:

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Timeline_(unofficial)

But there was a topic during Legion's beta about a new official time line. I will try to dig it up. Either way, I would have been more comfortable with 8 to 9 personally.
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2017-02-07 at 06:10 PM.

Deleted
    Jaina = Boy King = very young Dreadlord Tranny

if wod takes 1 year, and we have 1 year between wod and legion then well, there we go, hes 18
    Warcrimes which takes place about a year before legion clearly states that Anduin is 15. Which means in Legion he is 16. It's just people try to claim Cata takes two years when it's pretty much clear Vanilla and every expansion are one year each.

Deleted
    This is the part I have an issue with regarding Blizzard's crappy perception of the time line.

We SHOULD have breaks between expansions between 6 months to 1 year at least. With how Blizzard is treating the time line, we go to Northrend one year, the next year the Cataclysm happens AND gets contained. Then right away after, like Deathwing was blocking Pandaria with his ass, we discover Pandaria. This leaves no room to imagination nor to proper build ups of events.

If I was in charge, then at least a year would have passed between each campaign and the other, with the campaign itself lasting a year at least. So Anduin would have been 20 - 21 now.

yog was not at war with arthas... the old gods wanted arthas to succeed...
    Not exactly.

The Scourge hated Yogg-saron.

The word "Yogg-Saron" is said with great contempt and is usually followed by loud outbursts. They refer to the ore as "saronite." Meaning?
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:The_Search_for_Slinkin

Vrykul in Ymirheim captured a Faceless one, Yogg made the Scourge's slaves to bonkers and commit suicide.

Also, Faceless ones killed a few cultists when they tried to recover Arthas' heart below Icecrown Citadel.

Chosen Zealot says: We lost many to the faceless ones, my lord. But we succeeded in retrieving the heart from Naz'anak.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Tirion%27s_Gambit

The relation between Yogg and The Lich King is just extremely murky, which Blizzard admitted shortly after Wotlk.