Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Defenders' showrunner is one of the people who did DD season 2 so hopefully Finn is better. I'm sure the fight choreography will be better.

Just finished Iron fist it is definitely the worst of the marvel netflix bunch. Main character is a mix between zen master and unlikable brat. Plot and villain is all over the place. The fights make me sad. All in all it is just a high budget version of Arrow. You will ask what and why a great deal of times. There was a great deal of good potential but ruined by unlikable lead and poor direction. I'm not saying it was terrible and unwatchable, but it felt like a cw show.

Just finished the first 2 episodes and i find it rather bland, not even sure if i want to continue.

Loved Daredevil, Jessica Jones took a while to get going but a thousand cuts sold it to me, Luke cage was not as good as i hoped but i stuck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I think the problem with Iron Fist is it lacks anything that elevates it above average. Daredevil had Kingpin, Jessica Jones and had The Purple Man and Luke Cage just had a great style to it. In comparison Iron Fist is pretty bland though I am enjoying it. At least we have the Defenders to look forward to next.
    The hand could have come off a bit more menacing, they are at first, but the way it is developed doesn't quite give it the danger level you had with DD and JJ altho they kinda messed the JJ one up at the end a bit too - but that's cos i think IF is meant to be bit lighter in that regard, which i'm actually glad for.

if Gallahad is right, then IF is the one that develops into the most phenomenal of the 4 eventually. Which makes sense if he is the greatest fighter in the marvel universe and later his powers develop to super human levels - which while not top tier powers like some of the others, definitely will put him in the lead over the others...eventually. We might not see that in the defenders though.

Saying that, the criticsm of IF is a bit overly harsh.. it's not Into the Badlands, nothing on tv is choreographed that well, so we really shouldn't be comparing it to that, for what it is, the fight scenes are for tv at least still actually some of the best on tv shows, they certianly outstrip any of the CW fight sequences, and many other shows too, certainly May in Agents of Shield etc.

Still, while he is supposed to be a better fighter than DD, and he does win his fights more easily than we saw DD win his, i'm not sure they choreographed it well enough to highlight that, but maybe its because i haven't seen DD for a while. I wonder how many of the actual fighting is done by the actor himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone figured a relative timeline for all of these guys? The initial impression i get is that LC happens before DD and JJ as he's in hiding in those 2, and the start of LC indicates he's just gotten from his previous trauma thing.

IF is hard to pinpoint too, Madame Gow's operation is strong here, but it was in DD too so its hard to tell whether it happens before or after or during. I'd guess during because of Claire Bennett, she mentions all 3 characters. But Hoggarth doens't seem to be as affected as she must be by the JJ event, so I reckon IF is before JJ, but after or during DD season 1.

DD seems to be the biggest plot line, as all the bad guys and elements in the other 3 are working or shown in a much bigger criminal enterprise..whiles IF and DD seem to deal with things that go beyond their neighbourhood even if DDs main concern is his neighbourhood, i am having a hard time deciding on how to feel about the focus.

I like them because in all of them, the world feels a lot more real, and what they have truly feels extraordinary, to the extent that super powers is not a mainstream thing, or at least hasn't shifted modern soceity to an unrecognizable degree like you would have in X-men or its inhuman replacement, super heros are secret enough and rare enough in a way that makes sense or at least feel realistic enough in setting.

Timing is tough to guess though, unless they're all happening at the same time.

Has anyone figured a relative timeline for all of these guys? The initial impression i get is that LC happens before DD and JJ as he's in hiding in those 2, and the start of LC indicates he's just gotten from his previous trauma thing.

IF is hard to pinpoint too, Madame Gow's operation is strong here, but it was in DD too so its hard to tell whether it happens before or after or during. I'd guess during because of Claire Bennett, she mentions all 3 characters. But Hoggarth doens't seem to be as affected as she must be by the JJ event, so I reckon IF is before JJ, but after or during DD season 1.
    Well, both Madam Gou and Claire Temple establishes that at least it's after DD s.1 and the LC origin story. Joy mentiones hiring a PI that works well when not drunk, which should be safe to asume is JJ.

so what is Claire Temples role going to be in the defenders? and hoggarth?

oh and LC is definitely after DD s1, as I just saw Claire temple introduce herself as the nurse who patched LC up in the hospital after a hell's kitchen incident.

I think perhaps the timeline might be in the order of release.. although JJ could be the firs tin the timeline?

- - - Updated - - -

so what is the downlo on each of the Defenders' powers? What are the skills, abilities and assets each of the 4 bring to the table?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    so what is Claire Temples role going to be in the defenders? and hoggarth?

oh and LC is definitely after DD s1, as I just saw Claire temple introduce herself as the nurse who patched LC up in the hospital after a hell's kitchen incident.

I think perhaps the timeline might be in the order of release.. although JJ could be the firs tin the timeline?

- - - Updated - - -

so what is the downlo on each of the Defenders' powers? What are the skills, abilities and assets each of the 4 bring to the table?
    Clare turns up in JJ which is just after DD, she pints out in LC that she cant believe he took a shotgun blast to the face and survived.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sircaw View Post
    Just finished the first 2 episodes and i find it rather bland, not even sure if i want to continue.

Loved Daredevil, Jessica Jones took a while to get going but a thousand cuts sold it to me, Luke cage was not as good as i hoped but i stuck with it.
    Trust me dude, after episode 3 it starts getting a LOT better. The first two episodes are pretty dull, especially all the nonsense in the Looney Bin (seriously, Iron Fist is immune to the effects of most poisons and drugs, they NEVER would have got him that way...). Once you get past that nonsense the series improves dramatically.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I'm about to finish the season and I find iron fist kinda boring, the main character is rather bland and I find the whole hand thing pretty disappointing. David Wenham is the only reason I'm gonna finish the show tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Trust me dude, after episode 3 it starts getting a LOT better. The first two episodes are pretty dull, especially all the nonsense in the Looney Bin (seriously, Iron Fist is immune to the effects of most poisons and drugs, they NEVER would have got him that way...). Once you get past that nonsense the series improves dramatically.
    i have a suspicion they start him underdeveloped, and he grows into new powers and new disciplines enabling to resist poisons etc... or the writers aren't that familiar with the material

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    So I've watched the first episode, and I have to ask. Is Danny actually functionally retarded?
    that's what you may all people from a very different culture who don't adhere to or are unaccsutomed to so called "obvious" things about interacting with others.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is Claire's boyfriend? was it DD she had a thing with ? becuase it isn't any of the other 3. Does she have a man in the comics?

Who is Claire's boyfriend? was it DD she had a thing with ? becuase it isn't any of the other 3. Does she have a man in the comics?
    Her boyfriend is Luke Cage. You can see that the letter comes from prison and it's sent by Lucas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Her boyfriend is Luke Cage. You can see that the letter comes from prison and it's sent by Lucas.
    that's a shame, i thought DD and Claire had much stronger chemistry together. LC and JJ work better than LC and claire imo, and LC and the cop lady in his series had better chemistry.. do you think they put them together because they're both "black"?

I did think DD and Electra had good chemistry..but DDs romance is written much better

I just finished it and while i didn't find it to be a bad show, i really don't consider it all that good either. Started off ok but my opinion on it just declined the more i watched.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have a suspicion they start him underdeveloped, and he grows into new powers and new disciplines enabling to resist poisons etc... or the writers aren't that familiar with the material
    I'm thinking it's the second one... Tbh, apart from the name, there's not much that MarvelFlix Iron Fist has in common with Comic Iron Fist .

One is a master Martial Artist who has trained his whole life to become a living weapon... The other SAYS he has done all these things, but still loses his temper every five seconds, acts SUPER irrationally and doesn't really show off any impressive martial skill.

Except in one fight, in episode 8.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Iron fist felt like a pilot to the real iron fist. He doesn't even know his full power. So if they make a season 2, hopefully it'll be more kicking ass. I agree DD was much better.

finished up the season and I gotta say... not all that impressed. actually I'd rank this as the weakest of the 4 shows W'eve seen so far. it's not bad per say the acting is good but the plot and writing is mediocre. it's really hard to push the "hesitant hero" trope when not only did they use that in Luke cage, it made a hell of a lot more sense there. not a bad show but no where near as good as DD or interesting as the other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    Iron fist felt like a pilot to the real iron fist. He doesn't even know his full power. So if they make a season 2, hopefully it'll be more kicking ass. I agree DD was much better.
    i agree DD was better, but only by a little, IF i agree does feel like a pilot that would benefit from a season 2, I wouldn't want a season 2 of LC or JJ - but IF should get one. I noticed that there aren't any meaningful main character hero deaths in IF, which perhaps made DD feel a bit more dangerous. Still I think IF is intended to be lighter, more fun, kung-fu movie type of fun rather than dark serious like DD

- - - Updated - - -

Also DD set the bar very high.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's up with the metacritic score, is it really that bad?

If I were Finn Jones, I'd be A) begging for a chance at a season 2 and B) have hired multiple martial arts instructors - that shit was unacceptable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    What's up with the metacritic score, is it really that bad?
    No the critics are just plain stupid and expecting a full out fledeg IF while we have an ORIGIN story. He even says his training aint done.