Thread: Devos Confirmed

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Its amazing how many turbo cunts can fall in the same family. Didn't realise Erik Prince was her brother. Fucking hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible pick for the position. Out of all of Trump's picks this was by far the most asinine one. Sigh, whatever. Thanks to the few republicans who still have balls. Rest of you cowards should be ashamed of yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    No, no, no. Not this "both sides suck" bullshit. One side sucks. The other sucks astronomically harder.

BRB investing in a truckload of condoms. Can't in good conscience subject any offspring to this.
    True on all accounts. Baby prevention game is 100% over here.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Thank god my Senators said "no".

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Judge a woman by her enemies I always say.
    America's children?

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, helping parents put their kids into religious and charter schools is certainly going to help our native tech worker shortage.

good job, guys.

(my experience being that religious schools don't prepare you at all for college, except maybe Catholic ones).

10+ Year Old Account
    It should also be pointed out that it was Democrats who changed the rules to prevent a filibuster for cabinet nominations.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Oh, the campaign he was going to pay for himself? That one?
    Well he did loan his campaign a lot of money at the highest allowed interest rate. He also rapidly paid himself back once he started plummeted in the polls.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Teachers unions hate her, I'm glad to see that she'll get a chance at the job.
    We should just get rid of teachers unions completely. The audacity of trying to ensure that you're properly compensated as a group? Sad!

Deleted
    Yep, Trump wants to turn America into 1980/1990s China, a country of low education wage slave workers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Do you honestly believe they have any intention to fund non Christian schools? Or won't find some way to not fund the rest.
    I think they'll try, but religion is a federal protected class; they CAN'T discriminate against school applications on those grounds. Not without getting sued.

Private school was getting expensive, thanks Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this one of those threads - like the Steve Bannon one - that Trump supporters are avoiding?

She is woefully unqualified for the job. This isn't just a case of Harriet Miers, this is a person who has no fucking clue what she is doing. It's pretty much par for the course with this administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    It should also be pointed out that it was Democrats who changed the rules to prevent a filibuster for cabinet nominations.
    Because Republicans refused to let any of Obama's nominees to get through, something that Trump hasn't had a problem with until now. But yeah, not a smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Is this one of those threads - like the Steve Bannon one - that Trump supporters are avoiding?
    We've had a handful of brave souls wander in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I want the names of the Dems that caved to this. This is one of the most blatant pay to play scheme I think I've ever seen. Bitch who doesn't believe in public schooling buys her way into a position she is not the least bit qualified for. But you know what? whatever, Americans moan about education but at the same time they hate education so it's fitting we're where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Having a relative who immigrated to Canada, I can say that they do not. It's very hard to get in. You have to have a skill set that they feel they need.
    Say you're an American refugee, they said refugees are welcome.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I want the names of the Dems that caved to this. This is one of the most blatant pay to play scheme I think I've ever seen. Bitch who doesn't believe in public schooling buys her way into a position she is not the least bit qualified for. But you know what? whatever, Americans moan about education but at the same time they hate education so it's fitting we're where we are.
    I don't think there were any, they just didn't have enough to block her nom.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think they'll try, but religion is a federal protected class; they CAN'T discriminate against school applications on those grounds. Not without getting sued.
    It'll be like "at will" employment really. Imagine yourself applying to me for work, you say you are gay, and I'm some crazy homophobe. Now I think "hmm...I can't discriminate against gays, but then, I don't have to tell you a word of why I won't take you instead of the next candidate" There. I discriminated, and nothing you can do. They'll just do something similar with the funding of schools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.