Thread: Devos Confirmed

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I want the names of the Dems that caved to this. This is one of the most blatant pay to play scheme I think I've ever seen. Bitch who doesn't believe in public schooling buys her way into a position she is not the least bit qualified for. But you know what? whatever, Americans moan about education but at the same time they hate education so it's fitting we're where we are.
    Looks like all Dems opposed her, as well as two Republicans. If one more had crossed the line, she would have been gone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    I'm glad I don't have any kids
    Retweet of the year goes to ... ^

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I want the names of the Dems that caved to this. This is one of the most blatant pay to play scheme I think I've ever seen. Bitch who doesn't believe in public schooling buys her way into a position she is not the least bit qualified for. But you know what? whatever, Americans moan about education but at the same time they hate education so it's fitting we're where we are.
    Nobody did. All 48 Dems voted no.

@Replies Ah, well good on the Dems for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    Really was looking for someone to stop this from happening.
    Well, that spells the long term demise of the US.

But formalised child abuse - now that's a line that shouldn't be crossed.

And don't delude yourself, what this woman intends to do is literally child abuse.

For those interested - tt falls under the category of "Neglect - Intellectual/Emotional"
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2017-02-07 at 07:00 PM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Seriously, first Trump doesn't want foreign brain power (the travel ban, the proposed changes to the H1B), now DeVos? Is he seriously trying to implement an Idiocracy in America?

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    America has become greater today. what's up for tomorrow?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    No more H1B visas, no more schools, no more imports... so now what?
    Make car go broom broom

Easily the most dangerous appointment. If he makes it 8 years and she stays that is almost a decade of child development that can be screwed up. That isn't like a lot of things where we can just throw money at it later and fix it, banking deregulation etc, this has the greatest long term effect.

To those claiming you can't choose schools, you can it happens all the time. Secondly, the problem isn't that you can't choose schools it is that our school system was bad enough already, now they are just going to defund it further to help out those already wealthy enough to go to a better school. We needed someone who will make the poor schools better, because the rich ones where already fine, the private ones fine, the religious ones were whatever they are.

And if you honestly think Poor people are now going to be able to send their kid to whatever school they want, HA. That shit ain't going to happen under her watch, she'd hate to have all that poor blood mix with all her blue blood. Ignorant billionaire dynasty scum.

I get the part about her being unqualified and at times seemed grossly incompetent during the hearings...but can anyone explain the school choice issue and why so many teachers are against it?

Jesus learnin' time!

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I honestly feel like they voted her in just to spite the Dem's all night protest. Which is fucking ridiculous in the big picture. So tired of this partisan bullshit on both sides while the people get stuck in the middle.
    both sides aren't equal in playing politics chess over doing their job, there is a reason why the national security positions had easy confirmations from the dems

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    I get the part about her being unqualified and at times seemed grossly incompetent during the hearings...but can anyone explain the school choice issue and why so many teachers are against it?
    Devoss essentially wants to defund public schools to fund bible private schools- talking young earth level stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Y'know, four years ago I would've sworn up and down Idiocracy was hyperbole played for comedy. It wasn't supposed to be prophetic, man, but we're about to have an entire generation grow up under cutthroat conservative "Privatize everything and fuck the poor/middle class" "education."
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    both sides aren't equal in playing politics chess over doing their job, there is a reason why the national security positions had easy confirmations from the dems

- - - Updated - - -

Devoss essentially wants to defund public schools to fund bible private schools- talking young earth level stuff
    more trump supporters inc. what's bad about that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. Well I suppose at least we'll all be protected from the grizzly bears now.

This woman has no right in being the Secretary of Education. I'm appalled at my two senators. Especially Lamar who should know better having been a Secretary of Education. One would hope the things she said in her hearings would have set off some alarms.

But no...party lines are important I suppose. Every teacher I know is frankly appalled right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    She plans on promoting via government funding schools that teach religion to kids, as if it was science. Leaving the future full of a misinformed generation of Americans.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I mean it was always understood as a thing that was true, but now we officially can confirm that, explicitly.

If you just give millions of dollars to a campaign, you can get any possible position imaginable in an administration, even if you have literally no experience and are a complete fucking retard.
    But but guys, you shouldn't vote for Hillary because she's pay to play!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    The one silver lining we have in all this, is that everything she manages to do to harm our education system can be undone by the next administration.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Just one more brick in the wall...

I'm pretty sure this is what the 2nd amendment is actually for.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    The one silver lining we have in all this, is that everything she manages to do to harm our education system can be undone by the next administration.
    Not really, 4 years of child abuse isn't easily undone.....