Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    The idea that we're going to build a physical wall is bonkers or that it will be a one-time cost is bonkers. We're going to be pouring additional billions into border security every year. Maybe they should use some of the extra billions in the god damn defense budget to patrol that shit. If they can keep Congress from passing bills earmarking it for crazy shit the military will never use that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Are you insinuating that anyone against the wall is for illegal immigration?
    It be along the same lines of those insisting that being for the wall means you are anti immigration...tit for tat id say.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

I didn't see this commercial as an endorsement for illegal immigration, but I understand why conservatives see it that way. Right now they get pissed at anything that isn't hostility towards immigrants.

But I love immigrants, just not illegals.
    Yeah okay. Go to any Trump dominated forum/media outlet and talk about how much you like immigrants. See what happens.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well they obviously should side with the right on this since they are a lumber/building supply company. Lefties are not the majority of their business

Evil cannot create it can only destroy

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    It be along the same lines of those insisting that being for the wall means you are anti immigration...tit for tat id say.
    This is basically saying that because some people say something wrong, that it's justified to make a similarly wrong statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Yeah okay. Go to any Trump dominated forum/media outlet and talk about how much you like immigrants. See what happens.
    A related problem is I've found that people who have to insist that they're for legal immigration typically just assume people aren't legal. I've seen this shit in real life: guy is ostensibly for legal immigration, but routinely comments on illegals that he sees all over the place. How does he know they're illegal? He doesn't; unless he explicitly knows that they're legal, he just assumes anyone that looks Mexican is here illegally.

This is basically how assholes justify being ostensibly for immigration whilst not actually being for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

What was the ad about actually? I remember seeing the logo and some kind of robot thing. How did that tie into immigration? Fucking weird.

Regardless of the actual stance of anyone involved, it's pretty clearly an effective attempt to garner attention.

Ultimately, people that will have long since forgotten the ad will have 84 Lumber slightly more prominent in their mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Is she from the 1200s? Since when in modern life does a wall equal security? It didn't work for the Chinese so many years ago, why would it work now with far more sophisticated technology? I'll never understand this mentality....
    Do you think poorer people have such technology. These people don't form armies either.

A wall, like Water around AUS seems to work better then nothing.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2017-02-08 at 12:29 AM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    That has been the media spin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well that's confusing. The ad is obviously a jab at Donald's wall and yet the CEO says otherwise...

Her response makes no sense after that commercial and was clearly fed to her.

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Is she from the 1200s? Since when in modern life does a wall equal security? It didn't work for the Chinese so many years ago, why would it work now with far more sophisticated technology? I'll never understand this mentality....
    Actually, a simple wall is incredibly effective at cutting down on the movement of people when you look at purely as a matter of volumes.
    Haven't you ever seen a slow, lazy river that you could dog paddle across easily only to read some historical account how an army was unable to cross, or puzzled at a 6 foot high berm of earth that prevented an invasion?

Any wall Trump builds could probably be climbed by a few fit men with a backpack of belongings and some simple tools. No wall will be completely non-porous; it just needs to offer another layer of inconvenience to illegal entry.