Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    wait... I'm not alt right, what the fuck.
    I never said you were. Might want to go back and reread the order of the comments.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "Winning" is kind of a problem. Politics should be about representation.

If there are people whom care about the issue the Democrats represent, then that is enough. If other points of view are more popular, so be it.

No party should appeal or represent views in order to "win". They should just represent the concerns and views of their supporters.

Such a point of view by which a political party needs to alter their stance or views in order to win is disgraceful.
    This is true. You must consider the current Democratic Party does not represent its constituents, however.

Social democratic policies including universal healthcare (or at least negotiation of drug prices), extensive background checks for all gun purchases, etc. These all poll extremely well, and yet never get implemented.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    For the record, you associated the group with Neo-Nazis, not me.
    Ok so, why don't you go ahead and explain why you feel I'm "alt-right." Because I'm criticizing the Democratic Party for not being liberal enough? Or because I offended you using "cuck."

All Democrats really need to do is put forward a candidate with no scandals. Without the email thing Clinton would have won.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sally Boynton, Candidate for DNC chair.

And I quote: "My job is to make sure that they get that they have privilege and until we shut our mouths and we listen to those people who don’t and we lift our people up so that we all have equity in this country"

Soooo yeah. Apparently losing an election, in large part, because of identity politics means: Doubling down on identity politics. It is almost as if you guys want Trump to get 8yrs.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Democrats will win the next elections even if their presidential candidate is a turd that eats white male babies.

People are already sick of Trump after a few weeks... after 4 years he'll be lucky his kids won't get attacked on the street.
    People said that about Hillary beating Trump, and we all know how that turned out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    She got paid off by the healthcare industry to stop pushing for universal healthcare.
    And you got a proof for that "alternative truth"?

She voted for war, was strongly opposed to gay marriage until a few years ago
    .. as like many other republican and democrat politicians. That is called "social evolution". A decade ago, gays might not even live together in some european countries.

Trump is going to try to turn back time. There will be no evolution.

She was a terrible fucking candidate, just like Trump.
    She was not even remotely as like trump. I cant remember Mrs. Clinton calling mexicans rapists. Or talk about grabbing pussies. While Mrs. Clinton had to counter every single mistake, Trump could do any mistake possible.

At the end, Mrs. Clinton was quite reasonable. But she became a victim of a denounciation campaign, sourced at the alt right and its media outlets.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-02-08 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Democrats will win the next elections even if their presidential candidate is a turd that eats white male babies.

People are already sick of Trump after a few weeks... after 4 years he'll be lucky his kids won't get attacked on the street.
    That is the same reasoning people were using for why he could never be elected in the first place tbh. No one really knows what the political landscape will be like 3 years from now when the campaign cycle begins again. Democrats do have a lot of work to do if they want to win imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    And you got a proof for that "alternative truth"?
    She took some of the most money from healthcare lobbyists during her term as a Senator, and shifted her position on healthcare. You can look this up yourself. If you want to call that "alternative truth" or "conspiracy" then I guess you support corporate money in politics. I do not.

.. as like many other republican and democrat politicians. That is called "community evolution".

Trump is going to try to turn back time. There will be no evolution.
    Just because others do something bad, it doesn't justify your position. Other politicians were far ahead of the curve on gay rights. And again, defend her position all you want, but she still lied to voters claiming she had been "consistently progressive," and then in a different venue claimed she was a proud moderate. Pandering for votes means she lacks principle.

She was not even remotely as like trump. I cant remember Mrs. Clinton calling mexicans rapists. Or talk about grabbing pussies. While Mrs. Clinton had to counter every single mistake, Trump could do any mistake possible.
    I listed plenty of relevant criticisms, and your attempt at a refutation is "Well, Trump said some nasty things." Nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    I mean, that's shameful as hell.

Democrats lost... against Trump.

Yet they won against Romney, who had a much more solid backup within his own party.
    They do not get it. Will they every get it? I guess we will see in 4 years.

I have commented in several threads stop calling people cucks, or deplorables. Stop looking down on them.
    I am not talking about the rust belt or bible belt or whatever you want to call it.
    I am talking about people that are in the center, or just barely left/right of center.

However they keep coming in hear and doubling down.
    They ask me:
    Do you need a safe space? or grow thicker skin.

Change your ways or we will all have another 4 years of Douche Flute ( Thank you @TITAN308 )

I watched the video it could have been shorter but it is stating the obvious, the DNC needs to clean house and get their act together. Sadly I think democrats are going to steal defeat from the jaws of victory, there has never been a better time to capitalize and organize but the DNC is like a deer in headlights.

Deleted
    She took some of the most money from healthcare lobbyists during her term as a Senator, and shifted her position on healthcare. You can look this up yourself. If you want to call that "alternative truth" or "conspiracy" then I guess you support corporate money in politics. I do not.
    It is you who claimed that she was paid by the healthcare industry to stop universal healthcare. So it is up to you to prove that. And no, it is no proof if you just find a breitbart source that says Clinton received funding from healthcare companies, as many other politicians did as well.

Just because others do something bad, it doesn't justify your position.
    Well, some republican candates are christian fanatics, who would even like to make homosexuality illegal. And i dont know if opposing gay marriage was bad, i just think it was the status quo those days. Most politicians did oppose it. But as i said, society develops.

Other politicians were far ahead of the curve on gay rights.
    But surely not republicans, the ones you support.

And again, defend her position all you want, but she still lied to voters claiming she had been "consistently progressive," and then in a different venue claimed she was a proud moderate. Pandering for votes means she lacks principle.
    She is a politician. As a politician, you have to make political statements based on your audience. Thats part of every single election campaign. And no, thats not lying, that is adressing different target groups.

Trump actually talked about fighting the establishment, when after election he put billionaires and bankers into office. That is a real lie then, and hypocrisy.

I listed plenty of relevant criticisms, and your attempt at a refutation is "Well, Trump said some nasty things." Nice.
    No, you didnt. You talked about a "fucking terrible candidate". There was no criticism, just insulting her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    They do not get it. Will they every get it? I guess we will see in 4 years.

I have commented in several threads stop calling people cucks, or deplorables. Stop looking down on them.
    I am not talking about the rust belt or bible belt or whatever you want to call it.
    I am talking about people that are in the center, or just barely left/right of center.

However they keep coming in hear and doubling down.
    They ask me:
    Do you need a safe space? or grow thicker skin.

Change your ways or we will all have another 4 years of Douche Flute ( Thank you @TITAN308 )
    One of the worst mistake they are doing, right now, is to completely ignore that they've made their own grave. They hope that four years of shaming the Trump administration will hand them the control of the government back.

I'm saddened, but realistically that means another four years of Trump.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

7+ Year Old Account
    It is you who claimed that she was paid by the healthcare industry to stop universal healthcare. So it is up to you to prove that. And no, it is no proof if you just find a breitbart source that says Clinton received funding from healthcare companies, as many other politicians did as well.

Well, some republican candates are christian fanatics, who would even like to make homosexuality illegal. And i dont know if opposing gay marriage was bad, i just think it was the status quo those days. Most politicians did oppose it. But as i said, society develops.

But surely not republicans, the ones you support.

She is a politician. As a politician, you have to make political statements based on your audience. Thats part of every single election campaign. And no, thats not lying, that is adressing different target groups.

Trump actually talked about fighting the establishment, when after election he put billionaires and bankers into office. That is a real lie then, and hypocrisy.

No, you didnt. You talked about a "fucking terrible candidate". There was no criticism, just insulting her.
    Yeah it's pointless having a conversation with you when you're saying I "support Republicans."

And I did list criticisms, you just cannot read, apparently.

She got paid off by the healthcare industry to stop pushing for universal healthcare. She voted for war, wanted to intervene further in Syria, was strongly opposed to gay marriage until a few years ago, all the while claiming during debates/interviews that she has consistently been a progressive. And then to conservative-area townhalls she would claim to be a proud moderate.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I watched the video it could have been shorter but it is stating the obvious, the DNC needs to clean house and get their act together. Sadly I think democrats are going to steal defeat from the jaws of victory, there has never been a better time to capitalize and organize but the DNC is like a deer in headlights.
    which is why the clean up is VERY necessary, it's for their own good.

Deleted
    Yeah it's pointless having a conversation with you when you're saying I "support Republicans."
    You always defend Trumps behaviour. Whom do you actually pretend to support?

And I did list criticisms, you just cannot read, apparently.
    No, you didnt. You just rant about her as "terrible". That's all. You brought no proof for your accusations. You just talk out of your ass. And apparently about everything you read at right wing media outlets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so, why don't you go ahead and explain why you feel I'm "alt-right." Because I'm criticizing the Democratic Party for not being liberal enough? Or because I offended you using "cuck."
    Nothing you said offended me. It looks like you're the one who is offended. If you don't think you would classify as being alt-right then just say so. I've yet to see anything to convince me otherwise though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Yeah, I concede Hillary is terrible, but not that as the image people have created in their head.
    Same. Unfortunately a lot of people, mostly older, think she's the devil.

- - - Updated - - -

This is true. You must consider the current Democratic Party does not represent its constituents, however.

Social democratic policies including universal healthcare (or at least negotiation of drug prices), extensive background checks for all gun purchases, etc. These all poll extremely well, and yet never get implemented.
    Hmm why do they not get implemented?

Oh that's right, Republicans and a few Dems are paid off by the Healthcare and gun lobbies to make them fail.

7+ Year Old Account
    You always defend Trumps behaviour. Whom do you actually pretend to support?

No, you didnt. You just rant about her as "terrible". That's all. You brought no proof for your accusations. You just talk out of your ass. And apparently about everything you read at right wing media outlets.
    I defend Trump where he deserves to be defended. Like any fair person should. Most people criticizing him would rather gossip and talk about Russian prostitutes or how he bows to Putin instead of real policy debate.

Uh, wait. You want me to provide proof for my "accusations?" Fucking search it yourself on youtube: "Hillary clinton oppose gay marriage with chris matthews." Or you can also search "Clinton moderate." "Clinton lying to anderson cooper."

The fact you think I'm lying about her statements proves you didn't care to research the candidate you are defending. And that is pathetic.