Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why Are Habitual Liars Allowed On The News?

Why are habitual liars routinely invited back on television to tell more lies?

Whats worse, the media allowing these people to spread their lies or the media censoring these people by not airing their alternative views?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Because controversy generates views.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anything on CNN is a lie. Even that clock is wrong im sure

7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder about this every time I see Jim Cramer acting serious when he gives financial advise.

Because it's her job to spin the clusterf**k of bull that comes out of their government, so they have no choice. They either invite outsiders to speculate on what happen, just to be called 'dishonest media' and 'not reporting on the facts', or they invite the person who will dodge the question entirely while calling them, straight to their faces, 'dishonest media' and 'not reporting on the facts'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because if we banned them all then we would have no news anchors.

Why are habitual liars allowed in the White House?

She only tells fake lies. Those don't count.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

The entire media system is fucked up, if we held them to a standard of honesty we'd have no media. It goes both ways, although Kellyanne Conway is a particularly hilarious and downright insulting example of a repeat offender.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Because controversy generates views.
    Yeah. I'm under the impression (especially with CNN) that they don't give a damn about informing the viewer and just want controversy. They say they allow the lies and dishonesty because they are being "neutral". Turn around and spin their own rhetoric, and then claim they do it all for the viewers. I'm okay with Tapper but I think he is more concerned with CNN being called "fake news" (in the interview I linked) than calling out the WH for pulling out false information.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post

Why are habitual liars routinely invited back on television to tell more lies?

Whats worse, the media allowing these people to spread their lies or the media censoring these people by not airing their alternative views?
    becuase the news would have to ban themselves from being on thier own channel?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Yeah why are liars allowed on the news?

I don't know why you are linking that one. They didn't say that you can't read Wikileaks or that reading it is illegal. The uploader of that video is an idiot.

Because if the president can do it, and get away with it - then why not ?

Seriously though - the lying is just another tactic. Everyone talks about the ludicrous lies and ignores the more import subtle ones in the background.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Most media is biased and only tells partial truths, they also ignore things that dont fit their narrative. For instance coverage of all the black people getting shot during election season but ignoring whites getting shot in the same time frame. Or that white supremacy groups supported Trump, because im pretty sure since segregation ended they havent voted in a single election since right?

Its all about the story you wish to tell. Sure black people were killed by police, but so has every other race, but we just focus on the african americans because we want them to feel like they are being treated unfairly.

Sure white supremacists voted for trump. But im pretty sure some voted for Hillary, Obama, Bush, Bush, Carter, etc etc. But since we want people to think Trump is racist we have to show that racists are voting for him, like they have never voted in an election before...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know why you are linking that one. They didn't say that you can't read Wikileaks or that reading it is illegal. The uploader of that video is an idiot.
    Explain to me how "it's different for the media." Go ahead.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    She only tells fake lies. Those don't count.
    Get out...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Yeah why are liars allowed on the news?
    That's misdirection that comes from not telling the whole truth. Because what he said is true, but he leaves out the crucial fact that nobody has the time, money or inclination to prosecute random Joe's for this trivial shit.

Not technically a lie, but shady as fuck regardless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

It's because fact had been demoted to the place of opinion.

'Alternative facts', are a real fucking thing now. Doublespeak really exists. It's because the people are too stupid or lazy or willfully ignorant of the truth, that others living in reality have to deal with this pile of shit.

We live in an age where almost anything can be fact checked within 60 seconds, and people are too stupid and lazy to do so because they like comfortable lies to the horrible truth that they are wrong.

Probably the same reason they're allowed in the White House, people are stupid and like to hear what they think is good/right NOT what actually IS.