Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum

Does one ever get over their first love?

I know hormones are running rampant and things are getting sweaty and hot...but do we ever get over that love we had so many years ago?

Do you guys remember your first kiss or first you know what? I know I do.

I know hormones are running rampant and things are getting sweaty and hot...but do we ever get over that love we had so many years ago?
    Depends on the person. Some people get hung up on things more easily than others. Past lovers are no special category for such.

Yes and yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    It took me a while, but I did.

I was young and stupid. We were in no way right for each other. It would have been a disaster.

You will always remember your first love.

...and your first train-wreck.

Deleted
    Depends on if it was an unfulfilled love or not. As in, if you're still with the person, you can still be in love. If the love was one sided or you broke up, the love for that person fades in time.

As for the first kiss and losing your virginity, you will remember those. Just as you will remember many important events, both pleasant and unpleasant. It does not mean you haven't gotten over your first love.

7+ Year Old Account
    I married her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You will always remember your first love.

...and your first train-wreck.
    They are sometimes the same person.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 99% over the first girl I had a crush on. Still think about her from time to time.

Never got to "first kiss." :/

Depends whaqt the given value of "get over" is.

I'm very happy in my current relationship. Does not mean I won't dwell on the previous one from time to time. I assume this is mostly true for anyone who spent more than a few weeks in a relationship with whomever they felt was "the one". Having a crush on a girl you can't speak in front of is not quite the same thing. For a long time I think I would have prefered that the relationship never went beyond that, as the less investment emotionally, the less opportunity to hurt yourself. But heyoo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I'm going to marry that person, so I'd rather not try to get over it just yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    First love as in first crush? Of course. First relationship was a mess, so ya got over that too. Your second question is yes/yes.

My last relationship, not so much over it but we share a child so feelings are complicated. It also ended rather abruptly and out of no where for me personally.

I'm not sure if "get over" is the right term. Your first love, the first proper head over heals relationship when you're young, then that one leaves a scar. It's a good scar and one to be treasured. You might not ever want to be in a relationship and that's good, but you shared something precious together that will forever be indelible.

I married mine
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    They are sometimes the same person.
    Too true...

*sniffs*

First kiss was awkward AF. First "you know what" was with gross older girl. If you don't end up with someone for reasons that are within your control, it's probably not love. Happily married with baby on the way and I give absolutely zero fucks what any of my old flames are doing.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I woke up to a message from ex-girlfriend from 20 years ago on facebook this morning..it really jarred me. i still don't know how to digest it

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post

i had to because she was my first cousin.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post

Can't say for sure, never been "in love" or with the same person for more than a couple of months. As for my first time "sweaty and hot"(I'm assuming you mean all the way), even then I knew it was just a couple of teenagers being horny. And she was the ugliest woman I've ever put my hands on, so ZERO chance I would be seen with her in public (then or now).

First kiss? Oh yeah. Had never even touched a girl. 13 years old and not just my first kiss, but all the way to 3rd base.

" I have to say it was a good day." --- Ice Cube
    Last edited by Berengil; 2017-02-13 at 01:17 AM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Jay...are you sure those cold sweats aren't from eating the spoiled sushi that you left out for hours while deciding whether to eat it or not?

15+ Year Old Account
    So the sushi wasn't that bad after all Jay?

- - - Updated - - -

My first kiss...vaguely, I was like 4 or 5 or something. First sexytime I do remember partly. Not the specifics, but I remember it wasn't anything remarkable. Those handies and blowies I had encountered before were better.

First love, can't remember who or when it was. I was in love with a lot of gurls when I was a boy.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.