Deleted

Question [RESTO] Trinkets - again LUL

Hey guys.

After clearing EN 7/7 EN Mythic back in november, and quickly losing interest in WoW during ToV I quit in December. However, now I finally feel like I've got a bit of time back, and the interest. Therefore, I've resumed my subscription and logged back in, looking forward to get on with Nighthold.

But, in my time off, patch 7.1.5 hit, and I'm at a complete loss about which trinkets to use now? In addition, which are the BiS trinkets or go-to trinkets, that we want from Nighthold?

My options are as follows:
    • 890 Cocoon
    • 885 Concace Reflecting Lens
    • 880 Heightened Senses
    • 880 Vial of Nightmare Fog
    • 880 Horn of Cenarius
    • 865 Chrono Shard
    • 860 Flask of Solemn Night
    • 855 Darkmoon Deck: Promises

I've always wanted some good stat stick trinkets, but unfortunately not gotten any yet.

I'd like to hear you guys' opinion on which trinkets to use, and for which fights in Nighthold?

Thanks in advance,
    Millows

Your Darkmoon Deck can be upgraded to 865 now.
    -Spakoinyi/Nakazanie-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakazanie View Post
    Your Darkmoon Deck can be upgraded to 865 now.
    Oh, right, I see! Thanks for the tip - I'll do that in case it's needed for any bosses.

Heightened Senses is pretty good. The lens might be useful; I can't remember the value of the proc. Vial of Nightmare Fog used to be good, but the proc scales poorly. It's still okay, but nothing special anymore. You might as well vendor the cocoon and horn; they're garbage. The rest obviously suffer from being low item level.

As for Nighthold trinkets, they're not great, but the celestial map has good uptime and the cake is lovely on stacked fights (but useless when the raid is spread out).
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

From those you have listed my pick would be:
    Chrono Shard (base int, great proc, movement is useful sometimes as well)
    Hightened Senses (underbudgeted base vers, but very good buff uptime)

Out of those, I'd also use Chrono Shard and Heightened Senses.

Nighthold trinkets are pretty bad, the cake is situationally useful and the map is good if you can get it at a high item level.

BiS trinkets are the new legendary and Unstable Arcanocrystal (yep!). Stat sticks (i.e. trinks with int+mastery, int+haste etc) are very strong.

Out of that list I'd use Chrono and Flask.

Passive int on both is awesome for stronger heals all the time (better than the proc int from HS) - and both have solid haste procs to boot. The Vial of Fog isnt too bad either - if you want to try running Chrono+Fog (but the healing bubble from Fog needs to be doing around 4-5% of your total healing...if its not..i'd swap back to the flask)

Hey

As for BiS: Velen > Arcano Crystal > flat Int with haste/crit/mastery > Celestial Map ... of course the specific choice is dependent on your playstyle and certain breakpoints you might need.

As for your trinkets: You should use Chronoshard and Flask for now, but you should get eternal urn from kara asap. Im wearing Chrono885+urn875 atm and it works really good. Looking to replace them with a either Map900+ or helyatrinket 880+

Of course one can only hope to have Velen + Arcano one day.

Cheers
    RestoSpirit

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    cake is strong af

Quote Originally Posted by RestoSpirit View Post
    Hey

As for BiS: Velen > Arcano Crystal > flat Int with haste/crit/mastery > Celestial Map ... of course the specific choice is dependent on your playstyle and certain breakpoints you might need.

As for your trinkets: You should use Chronoshard and Flask for now, but you should get eternal urn from kara asap. Im wearing Chrono885+urn875 atm and it works really good. Looking to replace them with a either Map900+ or helyatrinket 880+

Of course one can only hope to have Velen + Arcano one day.

Cheers
    RestoSpirit
    Related: have a 890 Mirror and an 860 Chronoshard with socket. Should I stick with the Chronoshard despite the item level disparity?

Quote Originally Posted by Username4242 View Post
    Related: have a 890 Mirror and an 860 Chronoshard with socket. Should I stick with the Chronoshard despite the item level disparity?
    I would take the Chrono. Just because the flat int outweighs haste in most scenarios, plus the procc is very fun and not bad for restodruids.

Cheers
    RestoSpirit

Quote Originally Posted by RestoSpirit View Post
    I would take the Chrono. Just because the flat int outweighs haste in most scenarios, plus the procc is very fun and not bad for restodruids.

Cheers
    RestoSpirit
    Er, sorry. Meant Unstable Arcanocrystal.

Somehow always get those two confused!