Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minttunator View Post
    Congratulations on reaching your goal - now you can finally play the game!

This is an interesting topic, though - what makes people feel like they have to log on, even if they're not enjoying the content and how can that change (as it's probably not a very healthy attitude)?

I know I've fallen into that trap in the past as well and I don't really know what changed for me but in this expansion I just don't feel compelled to grind M+ for example (which I don't enjoy), so I just don't do it. Maybe I'm just becoming a filthy casual, who knows.
    Hahaha great pic!

I feel as though only particularly "competitive" type individuals that feel the need to log on everyday and do these types of thing.
    Which is by no means a bad thing, it's just different people that feel differently about what constitutes fun.
    For instance that feeling of "I just busted my ass" and "can finally rest" feels good, although it's just a game feels good to accomplish a goal.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    If I thought you'd make constructive criticism instead of shoving your epeen down my throat, I'd be happy to give you them when I get in, in a few hours time. Seeing as you've already taken a verbal shit on me for giving an opinion and from the sounds of it, going to get a cheap giggle from my team. You can take a flying fuck I could add I know people progressing in mythic without full traits, but you'd also want evidence of that I suppose?

I love the attitude though

YOU'VE NOT DONE IT YET YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT <insert filthy casual comment>
    Your unhinged reply shows I hit the mark here.

When you have no experience with something you're not really in a position to claim something is unnecessary or irrelevant pertaining to just that.
    I don't know a thing about the WRC, yet i'm not going to claim a co-pilot is unnecessary because I can drive around town without one just fine. Or saying Michael Phelps, or even any other competitive swimmer, shouldn't work out every day because you won a local swimming competition with only 1 training per week.

You're also bragging about your position on the DPS charts as an argument as to why grinding 5x traits is unnecessary. Of course this argument highly depends on the quality of the players you're playing with. It's hardly an elitist attitude, it's basic reasoning, yet you act like I just insulted your ancestors and defecated on the grave of your mother.
    I'm asking for logs to validate your statements. If you can't or won't provide those, then you're just posting worthless anecdotal evidence and adding a net zero to this discussion.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2017-02-09 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Your unhinged reply shows I hit the mark here.
    Of course you did, he hasn't progressed in HC yet... He has no clue

883 here, 36 nearly 37 traits, one bis legend. Started playing on this character to raid at 110 just under 5 weeks ago? but only just started with the guild 2 weeks ago. I've also done very very few mythic + I'd say maybe 12? 15?

I'm 3/4 top position on dps out of 15/16. Most people have been on their raid characters from day 1 grinding ap and have a bucket ton more traits than I do.

Not showing off, but I stay competitive, we're starting to progress nighthold heroic. cleared EN heroic, and personally I've cleared ToV heroic on this character. Exhausting yourself to hit 54 traits is un-needed unless you're going server first mythics.

But still, anyone sitting on 54 traits I think you deserve a pat on the back
    To be fair, anyone wanting to progress on any Mythic boss, Krosus or further should seriously have 50 or more traits. And if not they're not putting in the effort they should be. Star Augur onwards, 100% dead set should be 54 traits. Now that doesn't mean you have to be, but you should be.

You could very well be beating the other dps in your raid with more traits than you, but that would mean they were less skilled than you by a large margin.

Whether that means you're under performing, or performing extremely well, I don't know.

But if you got the best DH in the world, and the 20th best, gave the 20th best 54 traits and the best 35. The 20th would beat him every time.

You can say in your raid team, "Yeah but I don't need the traits, i'm out dpsing you guys" but you could always do more dps. So why not. It's the same as saying "I'm not going to flask or food or pot, cause I top the dps in our raid without it"

Quote Originally Posted by Shingaru View Post
    Any1 else feeling a sense of relief?
    Can't say I do. I chose to stop grinding mythic + for now but I certainly am far from being done. Pretty much every slot that doesn't hold tier or raid trinkets could still be improved especially so relic. Just needed a break since farming mythic + is even worse than fucking splitraids.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalwraith View Post
    I'm relieved you no longer have to do optional things you felt you had to do. Good for you.
    "you felt you had to do" good luck raiding mythic without 54 traits!

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually i feel the same'ish even though im not 54 yet. (i am 47).

I am however 898 ilvl geared and don't think the stress of pushing myself to do more m+ is worth it .
    Still do about 4/5 high m+ (+11 / +17) for the chest and because i like doing them.

feelsgoodman
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    "you felt you had to do" good luck raiding mythic without 54 traits!
    Quote Originally Posted by Halobob87 View Post
    If you want to raid mythic, getting 54 is not optional.
    I have 54 traits. I've had them for a while. I'm not even the first person in my guild to have 54. Unless you were pushing for world firsts, there was no reason to "grind" mythic + to get the ap, and if you're just getting them now, you weren't pushing for world firsts.

883 here, 36 nearly 37 traits, one bis legend. Started playing on this character to raid at 110 just under 5 weeks ago? but only just started with the guild 2 weeks ago. I've also done very very few mythic + I'd say maybe 12? 15?

I'm 3/4 top position on dps out of 15/16. Most people have been on their raid characters from day 1 grinding ap and have a bucket ton more traits than I do.

Not showing off, but I stay competitive, we're starting to progress nighthold heroic. cleared EN heroic, and personally I've cleared ToV heroic on this character. Exhausting yourself to hit 54 traits is un-needed unless you're going server first mythics.

play with shitters to make yourself look better, most guillds running mythic are hitting the krosus enrage timer with vantus runes with 54 traits with ilvl 900, and it's not server first mythics there are over 25 guilds with 3/10 mythic, so yeh you'd be complete dead weight and to raid mythics you need 54 traits to beat the berserk timer.

Unless you were pushing for world firsts, there was no reason to "grind" mythic + to get the ap, and if you're just getting them now, you weren't pushing for world firsts.
    Pushing to clear at least 1 mythic boss a week since release of NH for a 12h raid guild realistically requires 54 traits or some fucking skilled players. My old guild (don't play any more) falls into this category, with at least 5 of us having played in top 40 or higher guilds at some point in recent years. Most players on that team are skilled, have 54 traits, and have just beaten Krosus last night after reaching him 10 days ago (3 raids since). So no, if you genuinely think that you need to be chasing WF to warrant having 54 traits then you haven't a clue what you're talking about. At this stage, being in any half decent mythic raiding guild requires min/max wherever you can. The "reason" is your raid spot.

aren't M+ going to be rescaled in 7.2?

The thing u just wrote is a total miss from your side,ofc you dont need to farm ap if u raid normal and hc and be fine with 35-40 traits,but pls dont start proving something that has no value on the end difficulty,ppl who pushed w1 with almost 900 ilvl some more and with 54 traits were hitting the enrages on krosus and star augur,and now the guilds that progress in mythic dont have the exact same ilvl to back that up and no 54 trait,what u think how will they fair on it? Its totally worthless to comment on a matter u never tried and probably wont even try like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, I really enjoy running dungeons and Mythic+

I find doing our M+ runs is the highlight of my week. Always loved challenging content in a small group.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halobob87 View Post
    If you want to raid mythic, getting 54 is not optional.
    Of course it is. If you're pushing for world first or top 10 or whatever, then maybe. But just to raid Mythic? Nah. It's really a moot point anyway because the number of people actually running Mythic raids is .. minuscule

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    I dunno, I really enjoy running dungeons and Mythic+

I find doing our M+ runs is the highlight of my week. Always loved challenging content in a small group.
    I enjoy it for what it is, not as the most farmable AP source.
    The only thing I dislike is how certain classes/specs are significantly better than others and how certain affix combinations favor specific specs.

It's also only enjoyable with guildies/friends on voice comms. Running them with randoms is pretty soulless.

I'm relieved you no longer have to do optional things you felt you had to do. Good for you.
    ^

/10chars

I have 54 traits. I've had them for a while. I'm not even the first person in my guild to have 54. Unless you were pushing for world firsts, there was no reason to "grind" mythic + to get the ap, and if you're just getting them now, you weren't pushing for world firsts.
    You won't even make krosus enrage if at least half the raid don't have 54. Any serious raiding guild will require you to be at 54 for NH mythic release or close to it, all this "if you are not going for wf you shouldn't" is just bs. The extra health and dps you get from the weapon is just too important to pass on.

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    You won't even make krosus enrage if at least half the raid don't have 54. Any serious raiding guild will require you to be at 54 for NH mythic release or close to it, all this "if you are not going for wf you shouldn't" is just bs. The extra health and dps you get from the weapon is just too important to pass on.
    You should not even bother aswering to such people, is just a waste of time. Is obvious that they have 0 clue of what they are talking about. If u want to clear NH M in a reasonable time your group must be at 54 rank or close to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    It's also only enjoyable with guildies/friends on voice comms. Running them with randoms is pretty soulless.
    True but honestly I feel that way about everything in WoW by now. Only reason I still play after all this time is playing with my friends and guildies and for our community. It's a great game for playing together and making friends, but playing on your own is a grind
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

10+ Year Old Account
    I know how you feel OP, when me and my GF hit 54 it was a big sigh of relief.

Fuck M+.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.