Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Scared of everything and everyone - pushovers, and typically call in sick whenever they lose anything (team losing in sports/politics/make up some crybaby shit <insert here> ) - avoid at all costs
    That is my experience to with some Millennial employees.

Too bad the good ones get a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Strauss and Howe's definitions are bullshit. There's a big difference between 80's kids and 90's, give or take a few years depending on country.
    I agree, it's messed up that they think they are the same.

The Software industry is packed with millennials and that industry is skyrocketing. Go walk around Silicon Vally and count. Just sayin'

New guild but kept same sig [cares- Kel'Thuzad]
    http://www.twitch.tv/undr_score

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hell yes. Officially calling myself that forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    As a millennial old employees suck.
    This, I'm tired of hearing "this is the way we've always done it" when suggesting new approaches to things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm the only one i feel slightly relevant to me is the praise one (though that's because my boss has never thanked me once even when go in on a weekend to get things done.)

I'm often 30 minutes early and wake up at 6:45 everyday (Though i leave on time to avoid traffic) I work through my lunch, I've never taken a sick day. I'm friendly to everyone i meet.

I don't see what i can do to improve...

Deleted
    So? we have lots of people in their 40s in MMO-C? Or are there actually people in their late 20s and 30s who think they are not fore mentioned generation? Please do tell if you are 40 and above I am very much curious here as I would expect at least 80% + of the posters to be 15-25 but I dont mind being proven wrong here.

Then again its not like people here tend to think they are somehow the "cream of the crop" and there are not "millenials" even though they very much are per defention.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    This would fit me. I was born in 1981... which is the start of the millennial generation. Though It could also be the end of GenX... I am never quite sure. Conflicting info on various sites.
    teens - 34 seems to be millennial, you're on the tail end of gen x

on that note, I had no idea you were 36, always had the impression you were mid 20s for some reason

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing! I'm just sad about mental health day since I was put in medical break for three months a year ago because of clinical mental health. So I relate more than I'd like to admit xD

But other than that, I witnessed very little of these in most of my coworkers. Some did act like spoiled brats, but even there, they'd still fulfill their job carefully and thoroughly.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Scared of everything and everyone - pushovers, and typically call in sick whenever they lose anything (team losing in sports/politics/make up some crybaby shit <insert here> ) - avoid at all costs
    My how accurately you've described literally everyone in the millennial generation. How perfectly they all fit that mold with virtually no variations whatsoever. They're all pretty much the same... yeperoo... They most surely are.

Heavy sarcasm in case you couldn't tell.

Also, most people are a pushover or at least more of a pushover when they're younger. People typically get bolder as they get older.

Deleted
    Well, at least we don't start wars left and right because someone insults us, we didn't cripple the economy then say how easy it is to progress in a job to the next generation when said next generation now has to pay more due to the debt problems that we created etc.
    Oh, and when asked why something can't be done X way, we don't say "because that's how it's always been", which honestly is one of the most moronic arguments I've heard in my life. Only someone who doesn't want improvement would say something like that, someone who wants to stagnate and is too lazy to even explain why something is even done "how it's always been".

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of us are Millenials. You're asking what is like to work with ourselves?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So all this time, people railing against Millennials were themselves millennials all along. A plot twist that would make Shyamalan proud.

Though, I guess there isn't as zingy a nickname for Gen-Z yet, so that might be part of it.

This, applies so much more to myself and probably a lot of other early 80's types.

The differences become way more apparent when I deal with my younger half-brothers, who are 13 and 18 years younger than I am.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    So all this time, people railing against Millennials were themselves millennials all along. A plot twist that would make Shyamalan proud.

Though, I guess there isn't as zingy a nickname for Gen-Z yet, so that might be part of it.
    Gen -Zealots

I don't really blame them. They just never were given the opportunity to learn how to lose. That is why you make them lose big once right off the bat. No protection. No conforting. Completely their fault and make them fix it. If they do well you know they can move beyond momma's little angel. If not make them lose until they figure it out, quit, or give you enough rope to fire them. Then try the next. Life is tough and you will lose all the time. Deal with it and become a winner beyond default or prove yourself a loser and go home and swallow the bullet because you can't deal.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2017-02-10 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So millenials are in the work force now. What are your experience working with them?

Despite the overly exaggerated negative view many people have about millennials, this video is actually pretty funny.

I'd imagine this really depends on the field you're talking about. I work in the engineering department in my company as a software developer. Other developers who are millennial age do pretty well and don't have any issues meeting deadlines and they don't really have any issues working over 40 hours when necessary even though they're paid a fixed salary.

Although some of them do come into work pretty late. Like 10AM. But it's not like they don't work 8+ hours/day.

My younger sister, on the other hand, is a General Manager at Q'doba. You wouldn't believe the dumb asses she interviews, hires, and fires.

So I think it kind of depends on the level of skill/education required for the position.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Despite the overly exaggerated negative view many people have about millennials, this video is actually pretty funny.

I'd imagine this really depends on the field you're talking about. I work in the engineering department in my company as a software developer. Other developers who are millennial age do pretty well and don't have any issues meeting deadlines and they don't really have any issues working over 40 hours when necessary even though they're paid a fixed salary.

Although some of them do come into work pretty late. Like 10AM. But it's not like they don't work 8+ hours/day.

My younger sister, on the other hand, is a General Manager at Q'doba. You wouldn't believe the dumb asses she interviews, hires, and fires.

So I think it kind of depends on the level of skill/education required for the position.
    Off topic, but what the shit is Q'doba?

I'm a millennial by all definitions, but started working a bit over 10 years ago. In my first job the only people I managed to piss off were a church group when I plugged my MP3 into the sound system and subjected them to Linkin Park a little too loud.

Dumbasses and lazy layabouts have come in all ages, genders and positions, in my time working. /shrug

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I was born in 1983 so technically I'm millennial but my work starts at 5:45 AM, so i wake up at 4 am. What am i doing wrong as millennial.

Alto I find people in their mid 20s are laziest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by BalwickZaik View Post
    Off topic, but what the shit is Q'doba?

I'm a millennial by all definitions, but started working a bit over 10 years ago. In my first job the only people I managed to piss off were a church group when I plugged my MP3 into the sound system and subjected them to Linkin Park a little too loud.

Dumbasses and lazy layabouts have come in all ages, genders and positions, in my time working. /shrug
    Q'doba is a chain restaurant. Not quite fast food, but not really a sit down restaurant either. I'm sure there's a name for that class of restaurant but I don't know what it is.