Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You think they'll be protestors when he goes to the UK?
    "Think?"

Bet on it.

Do people not understand that people don't like Donald Trump? Hell, most of the American voters didn't even like him.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry. no nice words from John Simon Bercow to you !
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...54837170467163

Obama's visit in Westminster:
    Last edited by ranzino; 2017-02-10 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    lol

Good for them. Apparently the Scottish really hate him already. Seems they were able to convince the others.
    The Scottish have hated him for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every national leader that has already met or called Trump on the phone has come out of the ordeal looking as foolish as Trump. Inviting him to address an entire Parliament would just drag the host down into the mire.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    You think they'll be protestors when he goes to the UK?
    It's not a question of if but of how many.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Certain british officials are twats that's why.
    True, but at least this time they're representing the will of the electorate.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    The whole trump state visit reeks of desperation by the Tory government. The houses of Windsor is much displeased.
    The Windsors have rubbed shoulders with some of the world's greatest despots, I think her Maj can handle an afternoon with Trump.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    True, but at least this time they're representing the will of the electorate.
    Just like brexit, they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I don't know, the notion that Trump is a petulant toddler is echoed by countries other than Britain. And by people in the American justice system. And by states in the union. And by many Americans in general.

I sense a theme.
    There's also been like no countries that have spoken positively about their interaction with Donald Trump. His phone calls, meetings, etc have all been awkward clusterfucks or outright fiascos. There's nothing to gain by letting him address parliament unless you want Trump negotiating shitty Brexit deals and bragging about his inauguration on the floor, then throwing a tantrum on Twitter after if he didn't get his way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    Just like brexit, they aren't.

You acteally think trump is liked in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Your not wrong, but it usually takes 2-3 years of despotism before a state visit.
    Or looking for big shoes.

I gotta say I am really enjoying this "current year" why did that saying disappear?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    lol

Good for them. Apparently the Scottish really hate him already. Seems they were able to convince the others.
    It's actually quite funny that Trump made the Scottish and the British agree on something.

7+ Year Old Account
    Isn't he doing a UK tour? £10 a ticket for wembley stadium, maybe Nigel Farage will be his warm up/support act, what a bargain. Keep an eye on ticketmaster if you don't want to buy for hundreds from the touts!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/284462...-war-veterans/
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    A clear example of putting politics before your national interests. Britain gains nothing from snubbing one of the few western leaders that is willing to hash out a good post Brexit trade deal.
    What are the destails of this deal?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You acteally think trump is liked in the UK?
    At times it's hard to tell, because Brexiteer and Trumpling rhetoric has seemed near identical from listening to both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The Scottish have hated him for years.
    Yeah, I don't think they forgot what he did while building his golf course. Let's just say they see him less as a working man's president that he claims, but more of the Scrooge who intentionally fucked over folks living there for generations for no reason, but spite.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Forbes_(farmer)

The guy won a 'Top Scott' award for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    At times it's hard to tell, because Brexiteer and Trumpling rhetoric has seemed near identical from listening to both.
    Yeah, but even if you disagree with Brexit, that rhetoric made a lot more sense for Britain, than the country that dominates global trade. It's like when Iran bitches about sanctions by the UN, you might disagree, but at least from their perspective they have a point. The only remaining super power, that owns the military of the UN, doing the same, just makes absolutely no sense.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, but even if you disagree with Brexit, that rhetoric made a lot more sense for Britain, than the country that dominates global trade. It's like when Iran bitches about sanctions by the UN, you might disagree, but at least from their perspective they have a point. The only remaining super power, that owns the military of the UN, doing the same, just makes absolutely no sense.
    Personally I think alot of it was nonsense based on ignorance even for Britain. "omg muslim hordes invading at the command of EU, quick! leave!" Now, in reality, UK already had control of it's own immigration, and any refugees it was taking. Economically, they'll be worse off than they were as part of EU, and now they will have no say at all, while before they had alot of it. Makes sense? It shouldn't. Shooting oneself in the foot doesn't make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Personally I think alot of it was nonsense based on ignorance even for Britain. "omg muslim hordes invading at the command of EU, quick! leave!" Now, in reality, UK already had control of it's own immigration, and any refugees it was taking. Economically, they'll be worse off than they were as part of EU, and now they will have no say at all, while before they had alot of it. Makes sense? It shouldn't. Shooting oneself in the foot doesn't make sense.
    Sure, I understand what you mean. The thing with Brexit, is that it was leaving EU, something that was created pretty much because of US dominance in trade. EU was supposed to make the trade between Europe simpler, so that they didn't have similar hurdles as countries like US, who has a natural advantage thanks to our consumerism and its resulting volume due to demand.

We are the Wallmart of the world, with some literary jumping out of windows because of how crazy the prices we get are. EU just wanted to be Target...

All of the race and religion rhetoric being tossed around, is the only thing I can think of that still blinds people from Trump's rhetoric attacking the power America has over the world. I'm not just talking about the 'racists' being blinded...

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just for clarification: the Speaker of the House of Commons is not a member of the government, he is utter neutral. But unless he gives consent the Westminster Hall or Royal Gallery is off the table.
    Lord Speaker could show Trump the nice cushions in the House of Peers and let him speak there, but a speech in front of both houses requires Bercow's consent. And Bercow is not ordered around even by Commons itself; if he wishes Trump off the Palace of Westminster, than it happens. And for giggles: not even the Queen can order him, he is independent in his capacity.