Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    That's your issue. I have great sympathy for undocumented immigrants from Mexico and would rather give them a free pass rather than be a dickhead and insist because it was hard for me it should be hard for everyone else.
    "My feelings" aren't a good argument. She broke the law and now she's getting punished. It's really as easy as that.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Obviously not, but I am sure you can find a safe dose for the ones that are created for recreational use.

Take things in moderation.
    BRB guys, gonna go take my safe does of heroin and follow that up with a quick bump of my safe does of cocaine.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    "My feelings" aren't a good argument. She broke the law and now she's getting punished. It's really as easy as that.
    I think it can be easily argued that this is a waste of resources versus chasing felons and people that can do actual harm. Unless we are planning on deporting all 11 million illegal immigrants which is not fiscally and strategically possible we need to chose our battles and this is not a smart one to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ptimo View Post
    BRB guys, gonna go take my safe does of heroin and follow that up with a quick bump of my safe does of cocaine.
    Even if you do harm yourself, it's hardly any different from smoking too many cigars or drinking too much liquor, your body, your consequences.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Side A: People should be able to inject what they want into their body as long as it does not impede on the liberties of others.

Side B: Drug addicts are a direct burden on society and are also fuel for other problems in the area of criminality.

Both sides are correct. The answer to this is extremely hard to create without skewing to do one side or the other.

It is the same philosophical problem of prostitutes.

Side A: Two consenting adults. (excluding human trafficking)

Side B: Proliferation of disease (also prostitution is heavily tied to.... drugs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Are all drugs created equal in your eyes? Because that's the only way you'd make even the slightest of sense.
    If it's classified as a drug, then yes it's all equal in that regard.

1. a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.

I don't really have an issue with deporting illegal immigrants that are also committing other crimes. This coming from someone who went through the entire process of becoming a US citizen.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Were they LEGAL immigrants?
    If so, yeah...terrible...but NOT what was happening so....
    Illegal?
    I am sure most of them are hard working and will make AMAZING citizens WHEN they do things correctly and do that citizenship thing legally.

I am not sure what it will take for a section of people to understand that a legal way exists to enter this country , work and or be a citizen and why people who ...enjoy having LAWS are so pissed when this issue comes up , over and over again.

If "the people" want open borders (goooood luck with that )then , change the laws...it will take a long time but they do change.
    Until then, Law ENFORCEMENT should do it's job...no matter the "feelz" involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I think it can be easily argued that this is a waste of resources versus chasing felons and people that can do actual harm. Unless we are planning on deporting all 11 million illegal immigrants which is not fiscally and strategically possible we need to chose our battles and this is not a smart one to pick.
    It's not a waste of resources. They're enforcing the law. That's what the resources are for.

What you're saying is that we shouldn't pursue people that steal when there are killers in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I mean, identify theft is a felony so they are chasing felons. As far as picking battles, this is the one they picked and that's the reality. There isn't much to discuss on a video game forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    The left dose love its "innocents", usually ignoring any actual facts about the people they defend. To say or do anything about the "poor and miss understood" minorities tends to get them all up in arms.
    Who is "the left" can you give some names and sources?
    Otherwise: Posting conspiracy theories is against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    They do have a path to citizenship. Just like everyone else who did it legally.
    This is pretty much how I feel about illegals, and yes they ARE illegals. It's rather... odd how people refer to them with "law-abiding" in the same sentence.

Now, for the kids, who had no say in the matter, THOSE are the ones who I'm unsure of. Perhaps those are the ones that get fast-tracked to citizenship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well to Trump's credit, 150 of them were violent criminals. So, zero fucks given about them.

However, Trump said there were 180,000 such people. At the rate of 150 per day, that'd take three years, three months, and a long weekend.

So, I guess ICE better step up their game. Those 10,000 extra guards Trump said he's OOOOOH right, hiring freeze. Shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Is working without paying taxes a crime to you?
    I'm just going to stop you riiiiiiiiiiiight there.

Many illegal immigrants pay taxes, billions of it, so they don't get caught.

Trump paid none for 18 years, and might still not pay any.

So do be careful with the comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Deport the violent ones and provide a path the citizenship for the rest. Yes, we're a nation of laws. We also decide what those laws are.
    And that decision was made centuries ago. Come here legally or get booted out

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    It's not a waste of resources. They're enforcing the law. That's what the resources are for.

What you're saying is that we shouldn't pursue people that steal when there are killers in the world.
    Not when your resources are limited ICE remains underfunded, there is more to this than just arresting people they still have to be processed.

Side A: People should be able to inject what they want into their body as long as it does not impede on the liberties of others.

Side B: Drug addicts are a direct burden on society and are also fuel for other problems in the area of criminality.

Both sides are correct. The answer to this is extremely hard to create without skewing to do one side or the other.

It is the same philosophical problem of prostitutes.

Side A: Two consenting adults. (excluding human trafficking)

Side B: Proliferation of disease (also prostitution is heavily tied to.... drugs)
    I'm on both sides as well. The issue is that people use violence to get drugs, use violence to smuggle drugs, and then peddle it to children, addicts etc. Thats a line for me. We have a huge problem with heroin in my area, so its not as harmless as "my body, I'll do what I want!" ... I recently read something on facebook about a mother and father both ODing on heroin, and they had a child... which I believe starved to death. Drug usage is directly tied to poverty and crime, its just a hard sell to legalize all drugs for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    B rewards people who line jumped compared to people paying the fees and waiting their turn. Not acceptable.
    So it's just principle? Going to spend money and lose income for principle? OK...
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well they need to go do this every day for the next 18 years to get all the illegal immigrants. Wonder how much this cost compared to the actual benefit of not having them around?

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    And that decision was made centuries ago. Come here legally or get booted out
    Yeah, there are waiting lists of immigrants waiting to get into the country. If we grant amnesty to illegals we're screwing the legal ones.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Most undocumented immigrants are hard workers who don't commit crimes.

America would be far better off stripping citizenship off people like 4chan anons or alt righters who contribute nothing of value to the nation.

Then you would have enough room for the good people about to be deported.