Page 1 of 32
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Let's talk about Il'gynoth and his whispers (various spoilers)

So, I haven't been in the Emeral Nightmare yet because I live in the EU and still have to wait a few hours. However, Il'gynoth, one of the bosses in Emerald Nightmare does the whole Old God whisper thingy. He has some interesting lines (courtesy of NeoGAF):

"To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars.

"The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."

"Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."

"The lord of ravens will turn the key."

"Flesh is his gift. He is your true creator."

So... Thoughts?
    If I understand that correctly... it seems like Magni (king of diamonds) is not talking to Azeroth, but instead is talking to either N'zoth or one of his minions. And the five keys I understand are the Pillars of Creation, which actually seem to be the key to N'zoths prison (which would also explain why Azshara is seeking them, since she is an ally of the Old Gods). The last line I would attribute to Jaina. Which also doesn't bode well.

Any other whispers from him?

Edit:
    Added the last two.
    Last edited by Marston; 2016-09-21 at 12:09 AM.

Deleted
    "The boy-king servers at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."

Interesting...

Boy-king, I think, most likely refers to Anduin.

Three lies? hm.

I think you are right about Jaina and I also think the "to find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars" refers to N'zoth's prison. I also think you are right about Magni talking to a manipulator, not Azeroth itself. Or perhaps all these things are the "Nightmare version" Il'Gynoth whispers you, that is, what would happen if everything was consumed by the Nightmare?

Very interesting

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The last one could also be Sylvanas
    Space magic.

That last one is definitely Jaina, its hinting at Theramore quite obviously. I also had a theory that Magni was actually talking to an old god all along but I was shot down quite hard for that when I mentioned it haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Boy King sounds like Anduin Wrynn.

"To find him drown yourself in a circle of stars"

Something related to N'zoth but again I have no idea what that means.

"Her Heart is a crater, and we have filled it."

I can see Jaina fitting this...........unfortunately very unfortunately. I mean if Sylvanas wasn't Warchief..it could fit her to sooo yeah. The pillars of Creation may also be key to opening N'zoth's prison. OR closing the portal in the Tomb of Sargeras may accidently fuck N'zoth's prison up and thus leading us into the next expansion. Just speculation though.

That last one is definitely Jaina, its hinting at Theramore quite obviously. I also had a theory that Magni was actually talking to an old god all along but I was shot down quite hard for that when I mentioned it haha
    I mean without these old god whisperings I would of denied it to. I mean if he really is, why would we learn(The players themselves) Azeroth is a titan. It wouldn't make much sense to tell us from an Old God Perspective. From the said Planet Azeroth perspective it's important info.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    The last one could also be Sylvanas
    Theramore left a pretty good crater, and the rest of the lines seems actually very literal..
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

Well looks like they are setting up the old gods for the next expansion.

Magni is obviously the diamond king and 'her heart is a crater' i thought was a little more open to interpretation (first thought was azshara), its actually fairly obvious that it is jaina (theramore is her heart and her heart is now a crater)

anduin lying seems interesting, though that comic already confirmed he grows old and is a leader of the army of light. though... perhaps the boy king isnt anduin but rather wrathion? not a great reveal where the son of the old god worshipping death wing is secretly an old god worshiper...
    Although priests are delving into old god magic this xpac, anduin could potentially get pissed off and spec shadow for a little bit, only to find it too difficult to resist the insanity and reject the dual discipline entirely? It really isnt a stretch to see a priest contact an old god on accident...

this is really insteresting stuff though, explains jainas changes, i guess it confirms that she wont be joining the legion (never thought that was an interesting theory anywho)

- - - Updated - - -

Geez though, old gods just got a lot creepier! if they pull off the next expansion right, i could see the factions actually sympathizing with the burning legion after recognizing what kind of threat the old gods pose in their true form!
    Return of the black empire?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I agree the King of Diamonds would best fit Magni, who may not be the Speaker for Azeroth he believes himself to be. That itself opens up perhaps an even more sinister implication to me: "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it" referring not to Jaina or Sylvanas but Azeroth herself. The Well of Eternity, or now the Maelstrom, would be the original crater caused by the removal of Y'shaarj and her Titanic life's blood filling the wound. The Old Gods or N'Zoth himself has made its den there, festering in the wound of the world-soul like a cancer spreading wildly out of control.

The Five Keys seem to fit the Pillars of Creation pretty solidly - a way for the Old God to use them to its own ends as opposed to defeating the Legion's plan? The boy-king could certainly be Anduin and that would fit, but he doesn't seem the kind to lie outright. Lies of omission or false hopes, then? Or is Illidan that that refers to - the boy promised a great destiny borne from the start of creation itself, the being that would single-handedly attempt to stop the Legion? The Old Gods aren't known for being forthright or truthful - a ruse to make the Horde and Alliance doubt their cause?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is a thread from the official forums:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749385012

Even more whispers:

Lord of Ravens... I doubt it's Ravencrest. What about Medivh or Khadgar?
    The latter one obviously refers to the Curse of Flesh. But that was Yogg-Sarons doing, right?

This is cool. Nice touch Blizzy.

Deleted
    Lord of Ravens has to be Medivh and is propably a hint towards Karazhan, where Medivh will appear.

Curse of Flesh is Yogg's doing, yup..dunno why he mentions that

Omfg Azeroth didn't make it. The Void won ;D At the very least Azxeroth titan will probably kill us or get out into another world an open other titans for the void. Sounds awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree the King of Diamonds would best fit Magni, who may not be the Speaker for Azeroth he believes himself to be. That itself opens up perhaps an even more sinister implication to me: "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it" referring not to Jaina or Sylvanas but Azeroth herself. The Well of Eternity, or now the Maelstrom, would be the original crater caused by the removal of Y'shaarj and her Titanic life's blood filling the wound. The Old Gods or N'Zoth himself has made its den there, festering in the wound of the world-soul like a cancer spreading wildly out of control.

The Five Keys seem to fit the Pillars of Creation pretty solidly - a way for the Old God to use them to its own ends as opposed to defeating the Legion's plan? The boy-king could certainly be Anduin and that would fit, but he doesn't seem the kind to lie outright. Lies of omission or false hopes, then? Or is Illidan that that refers to - the boy promised a great destiny borne from the start of creation itself, the being that would single-handedly attempt to stop the Legion? The Old Gods aren't known for being forthright or truthful - a ruse to make the Horde and Alliance doubt their cause?
    I think it's mostly a Jaina reference at most. I don't know how Azeroth herself could be filled with that Old god nastiness. I think we'd be doomed at that point. I still think they reference Anduin but could be perhaps to sow dissent I dunno...

Khadgar has to be.

As for Curse of Flesh...well everyone knows how I feel about it
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    What other "boy-kings" are there that we know of? Or that could count as a "boy-king"?

Anduin is an obvious answer. Wrathion could work, but I doubt it. Me'dan exists, but we haven't seen anything from him in a long time.

Who else could fit this description?

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Here is a thread from the official forums:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749385012

Even more whispers:

Lord of Ravens... I doubt it's Ravencrest. What about Medivh or Khadgar?
    The latter one obviously refers to the Curse of Flesh. But that was Yogg-Sarons doing, right?
    Curse of flesh was all of the Old Gods doing. It could perhaps be saying that all the Old Gods are actually one being, which would explain why they all represent body parts (C'thun being the eyes, Yogg Saron being the mouth, etc)
    Perhaps Azeroth is actually an Old God and not a Titan, or perhaps it's not even a being and that was a lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Yup, crater thing is definately jaina related. I mean her heart isnt the only thing that is a crater.

What other "boy-kings" are there that we know of? Or that could count as a "boy-king"?

Anduin is an obvious answer. Wrathion could work, but I doubt it. Me'dan exists, but we haven't seen anything from him in a long time.

Who else could fit this description?
    Anduin hasn't really told any lies though. What has Wrathion said about the legion that could be taken as lies?

The crater heart could be about Azeroth the baby titan.

Deleted
    So, I haven't been in the Emeral Nightmare yet because I live in the EU and still have to wait a few hours. However, Il'gynoth, one of the bosses in Emerald Nightmare does the whole Old God whisper thingy. He has some interesting lines (courtesy of NeoGAF):

"To find him, drown yourself in a circle of stars.

"The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies he will offer you."

"Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."

So... Thoughts?
    If I understand that correctly... it seems like Magni (king of diamonds) is not talking to Azeroth, but instead is talking to either N'zoth or one of his minions. And the five keys I understand are the Pillars of Creation, which actually seem to be the key to N'zoths prison (which would also explain why Azshara is seeking them, since she is an ally of the Old Gods). The last line I would attribute to Jaina. Which also doesn't bode well.

Any other whispers from him?
    It is the nature of void creatures to lie and decieve! They sow discord, distrust and strife, do not heed it's words!

- - - Updated - - -

I fear that while using the pillars of creation to defeat the legion,we will inadvertently open the way for Nzoth.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    The crater heart could be about Azeroth the baby titan.
    Good point, if the hearth was the Well of eternity, that thing implode.... so thing may happened after that. So the baby titan is maybe already lost to old god corruption...
    So in this case Magni could talk to "her" but already follow the order of the old god through her.