Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    So anyone outside of the 2 parents 2 kids group gets the middle finger. Whoa sorry ya'll you had your 3rd kid here's a big fuck you, you can't eat here.

Or what's that your grandparents are in town and now you have 6. Well Let me just stop you right the fuck there you service disrupting assholes.

Holy shit your son wanted to have some friends over for dinner because it's his birthday and you go out to eat, and now you have 7 people. Well little timmy you can fuck right off.
    They make places like Chuck E Cheese for that. You shouldnt be bringing a bunch of kids to a nice restaurant

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I don't care if someone is loud at a library. If the people who run the library care, then they can silence people. The same goes for a church or a doctor's office. The owner has the say, and if you don't like it, then go elsewhere. That's like complaining that a crowd at a baseball game is too loud.
    Well, to be fair, I HAVE advocated for the banning of applause and getting out of your seat, especially at events where its more important to hear and see what you are paying to hear like a concert, broadway play, Vegas show or comedy show. Nobody wants to have their shows interrupted by screaming, whistling, clapping people who are also dancing or jumping up and down. They should all sit in their seats and show their opinions of the show with a quiet thumbs up or down

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    They make places like Chuck E Cheese for that. You shouldnt be bringing a bunch of kids to a nice restaurant

- - - Updated - - -

Well, to be fair, I HAVE advocated for the banning of applause and getting out of your seat, especially at events where its more important to hear and see what you are paying to hear like a concert, broadway play, Vegas show or comedy show. Nobody wants to have their shows interrupted by screaming, whistling, clapping people who are also dancing or jumping up and down. They should all sit in their seats and show their opinions of the show with a quiet thumbs up or down
    Then open up a restaurant, and don't allow children in. If the restaurant doesn't want their business, they won't serve them. Some restaurants don't serve childrne, go to them.

And how did that advocating for silence go? Did everyone mock you incessantly? Once again, if the venue does not like it, they will stop it. Until then, feel free to continue whining, and everyone else will feel free to continue mocking you.

Deleted
    I think you are assuming a lot about what other people want and don't want. Given by the reaction to your posts I don't think you have good cause to believe that a majority of people would agree with you. I for one was always happy to see people dancing, clapping, whistling, jumping up and down or screaming and generally having a good time at any of the shows I played with my band, so your "nobody" is already proven wrong.

Also, let me refer you to my original point, which you haven't ansered at all:

Quote Originally Posted by Qazza View Post
    mind your own business.
    What gives you the right to decide what restaurants should and shouldn't do? If you don't like that a restaurant serves big groups of people, don't eat there. If you are annoyed that no restaurant deals with people the way you'd want them to, open your own. Let us know how that works yout for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qazza View Post
    I think you are assuming a lot about what other people want and don't want. Given by the reaction to your posts I don't think you have good cause to believe that a majority of people would agree with you. I for one was always happy to see people dancing, clapping, whistling, jumping up and down or screaming and generally having a good time at any of the shows I played with my band, so your "nobody" is already proven wrong.
    Of course you would like it as a performer, youre not the one who forked out $100 to see the show and then have the experience ruined because you cant see or hear it
    Last edited by Orlong; 2017-02-13 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As the topic states, I think restaurants should not accept parties of more than 4 people. Nothing pisses me off more than when a group of 12 come into a restaurant. This means they often have to rearrange tables to accommodate them, and it causes everyone else to have to wait even more because they take up the tables space that 3 other small groups couldve had causing everyone else to have to wait longer.

Additionally, when large parties come in, it takes additional staff to serve them creating shittier service for other people (longer waits for drink refills if they ever do come to give you one, longer time to wait for dessert order, longer wait for the bill, and longer wait for receipt).

Large groups of people are also loud causing audible disturbances to everyone around them because they feel the need to shout from one end of the table to the other to talk to each other, and lastly they almost always want serparate checks (takes too much of the server's time) for everyone and rarely leave a good tip (which is why some restaurants demand a gratuity for parties of 8 or more (which should also be illegal because tips are voluntary and you arent allowed to charge different people different prices for the same thing. They are paying more for the same food as the people next to them just because they want to sit together)
    Id be ok with requiring tables above the capacity of their largest tables to require a call ahead or reservation.

If the place has tables which seat 6, then 6 is max before requiring a reservation.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Deleted
    Of course you would like it as a performer, youre not the one who forked out $100 to see the show and then have the experience ruined because you can see or hear it
    Oh, I'm sorry, I misread you then. You said, nobody would want their show ruined by the behaviour you mentioned. Now I see the point. You think because you paid for a ticket, it's your show and because you paid for a meal it's your restaurant. Well... it's not. Don't like a show (including the audience response that is to be expected at that type of show) or a restaurant (including the fact that other people, even bigger groups of people, eat there too, if you know a certain restaurant serves them) then don't go there. Easy.