Best alternative to BoS?

Hi, I am currently in the process of gearing up my DK and plan on mostly focusing on Mythic+ dungeons with some light raiding. I have been trying to learn BoS spec but really struggle with it, I know it is the best spec but enjoy OB based specs much more so my questions is what OB build would be the most competitive for the content I would be playing? Is it best to stick with a cookie cutter RA build or is it worth going something like 3/1/1/x/x/3/1?

Thank you for any advice/tips in advance

Deleted
    In that case, you go roll on your UH. If thats not for you, you go roll another class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taee View Post
    Hi, I am currently in the process of gearing up my DK and plan on mostly focusing on Mythic+ dungeons with some light raiding. I have been trying to learn BoS spec but really struggle with it, I know it is the best spec but enjoy OB based specs much more so my questions is what OB build would be the most competitive for the content I would be playing? Is it best to stick with a cookie cutter RA build or is it worth going something like 3/1/1/x/x/3/1?

The classic build that involves icy talons, icecap, winter is coming, frostscythe and glacial advance is still viable, great trash aoe, very good pack cc but poor ST. On packs you'll be spamming Fsc and GA on CD, don't ignore rime procs. On bosses you really need to manage you IT stacks and RP, do not spam FS, when you open make sure you're above 80 rp before you cast your first FS and also that another RP generator is ready in 2 seconds.

If you manage to get the 4 set you won't be RP starved even in this build.

The spec I use is probably outdated and viewed as gimped compared to BoS, however my guild does NOT force specs. I use 2/2/3/3/2/2/1 granted I am not pulling HUGE DPS parses like BoS players can, but I have no desire to play BoS. 896ilvl equiped, Leg Helm, Leg Bracers, Elemental Foci, DoS(recently aquired) and I am usually only a spot or two on the DPS/Damage meter behind the BoS frost DK in our guild who is slightly higher ilvl. So since you are not focused on doing HARDCORE raiding, I would say find a spec that feels good, does good DPS and go with it. I don't focus on super HIGH mythic+'s but I have done a few 13/14's and completed them just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    In that case, you go roll on your UH. If thats not for you, you go roll another class.
    Seriously Strifeload, you're really annoying. You aren't contributing at all beside going UH. If you don't have much to say, then don't bother to answer him. There are already plenty of players who would like to. There's absolutely no need to be a negative one.

He stated that he knows BoS build is better, but don't like it. What's wrong with using another Frost spec especially based on OB ? It's not like the lack of DPS it provides is really killing his group.

We're here having fun. Not playing ultra competitive DPS spec in a matter of life and death.

Christ.

BOS is the best build for frost but if you dont like it you can always try the MG build.

A 2/2/1/3/2/1/3 is a pretty damn good AoE build for Mythic+, you'll do crap damage to a ST boss compared to the BoS guy but on trash, where BoS guy doesn't have his CDs up this spec does better. Plus more AoE stuns because Icecap. Mythic+ is all about overall damage, so trash pack dps and utility do matter.

Don't roll UH ever until they fix that spec.