Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Is this game worth playing now?

I played on start for 2 months. Farmed full gear and transfo i wanted and stoped playing. No end game content etc.

Did that changed? Is it worth it to buy HoT and play this game for 3-4 hours a week when you dont have nothing to do. Just to relax in game.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ah, the famous end game thread.

It is always worth playing this game.. If you're tired of it, you can stop anytime (no sub fee) and return whenever you want.

Download it, find a guild, farm masteries, create ascended items, pvp for a bit, wvw for a bit, follow living story, have fun. Don't take GW2 too seriously like you probably did on your first time. Enjoy the game for what it is, this is not World of Warcraft.

BTW you lost an expansion discount last week.
    Last edited by Lotus Victoria; 2017-02-13 at 12:17 PM. Reason: engrish

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    farm masteries, create ascended items, pvp for a bit, wvw for a bit, follow living story
    Masteries grind and other grind introduced in HoT is one of the reasons I didn't buy that expansion.

Ascended items and crafting are among worst parts of the core game.

PvP never appealed to me in this game, unlike GW1 PvP which is really fun.

They somehow managed to make WvW even worse in HoT (to me of course) while Edge of the Mists which I found to be one of their best additions is left forgotten.

Current Living Story is nice from what I've heard but it still doesn't answer many questions from the past, does it?

I'm not hating this game but I'm sad of what it became.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Masteries grind and other grind introduced in HoT is one of the reasons I didn't buy that expansion.
    While I agree that Masteries can be a bit of a pain to grind, I usually don't mind them too much. They're there, and that's fine. I'm getting XP for doing stuff, one day or another I'll get end up leveling up

Ascended items and crafting are among worst parts of the core game.
    I disagree. While creating ascended items is harsh, it's not required to play and enjoy the game. Exotics can do the jobs pretty fine. Also, I find crafting in GW2 to be pretty okay, discovering recipes, and making equipment. It is certainly one of my favourites in any MMO.

PvP never appealed to me in this game, unlike GW1 PvP which is really fun.
    Well, I can't argue with you with this because I've never played GW1. But I do defend GW2's PvP. I find it very fun and balanced.

They somehow managed to make WvW even worse in HoT (to me of course) while Edge of the Mists which I found to be one of their best additions is left forgotten.
    Never played WvW, so, I can't argue with you here.

Current Living Story is nice from what I've heard but it still doesn't answer many questions from the past, does it?
    I'm still catching up. I'm finishing LS2. One thing that I can tell is that ANET's narrative improved a LOT over the past years. The living story is way better than the personal one. Also, Rox and Taimi <3

They certainly have plenty of room for improving the system. They keep adding more HoT masteries and mastery points, but since I don't feel like hitting the achievements in Core Tyria that I missed, I'll probably never finish out Legendary... but then I'm also not actively building any of the ones I can already, so probably not important.

What answers were you looking for?

I'm not hating this game but I'm sad of what it became.
    It definitely isn't keeping my interest as much as it used to, nor my friends that play. I like 3 of the 4 new zones (don't care for icey zone), but each new addition also splits the crowds. Not as harsh since you get pushed to populated zones, but it can be a pain if you're not chasing folks down via LFG. The fact we get a days worth of new content every 2-3 months isn't helpful long term. I don't raid, so not sure how that scene is going.

OTOH, folks complained about no raids and the 2 week cadence, especially "temporary" content.

The added HOT spec's were good or bad, but I don't generally change stuff a lot. Where before I would pick one spec and only change in rare circumstances, now I have another option to it but am still just picking one and staying.

Gliding is great though.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Changing "specs" would be a lot more prevalent if they had templates like they had in GW1. There must be a technical problem doing it in this game though, otherwise I'm fairly sure they would have put it in.

I guess I'm one of the minority in that I liked HoT. The vertical maps were fantastic IMO. Dragon Stand would be my least favorite but all of the others I really liked.

I do hope they make a pass at all of the maps though. The farther we go with the LS, the less people will be around for the older maps (especially ones as group oriented as the ones in the expansion, AB is probably the exception though).

Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    I do hope they make a pass at all of the maps though. The farther we go with the LS, the less people will be around for the older maps (especially ones as group oriented as the ones in the expansion, AB is probably the exception though).
    Same, but I'm beyond skeptical. They never did much of this for the old world (which, if you're going to keep maps "relevant" longterm they need longterm attention), and IIRC nearly half the studio is working on the next expansion instead of the live client. I wouldn't expect anything more than they've already done, sadly. Which will largely leave the zones sparsely, kinda ruining the only chance at them being remotely fun for many of us : /

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    I played on start for 2 months. Farmed full gear and transfo i wanted and stoped playing. No end game content etc.

Did that changed? Is it worth it to buy HoT and play this game for 3-4 hours a week when you dont have nothing to do. Just to relax in game.
    *complains about lack of "end game"*
    *plays 30 mins a day tops*

If you're doing the latter, then yes, there's plenty to do in this game to keep occupied for some time, especially if HoT is still on sale. You can get a free level 80 of another class if you desire and do stuff on that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    *complains about lack of "end game"*
    *plays 30 mins a day tops*

If you're doing the latter, then yes, there's plenty to do in this game to keep occupied for some time, especially if HoT is still on sale. You can get a free level 80 of another class if you desire and do stuff on that.
    I played it several hours a day on start. but after i had full exotic gear and 100% explore there was nothing to do

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    What answers were you looking for?
    Who's E.
    What does Abaddon have to do with Scarlet (or have they scrapped this idea? they promised fall of abaddon fractal but it's not there)
    Details on Rytlock becoming Revenant (this one might be in-game already)
    Anise's age
    What's the deal with bringing Tequatl and Shatterer back

Probably some more but can't recall them all now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who's E.
    What does Abaddon have to do with Scarlet (or have they scrapped this idea? they promised fall of abaddon fractal but it's not there)
    Anise's age
    What's the deal with bringing Tequatl and Shatterer back

Probably some more but can't recall them all now.
    I can answer some of these.

There was no connection between Abaddon and Scarlet. They never practiced that fractal, it was that one of Thermanova, people voted for Thermanova. Though they vote was exactly fair because it was in the middle of Scarlet's arch, of course people would vote for that one.

Anise is definitely an older lady who keeps up vitality through mesmer magic. They probably have decided how old they want her to be yet.

They 100% dropped the ball with the Rytlock arch. We saw him about to cleanse Ascalon, get sucked into the Mist, and then come out with new powers. No explanation whatsoever. Answers might come sooner than later since story wise he is being interrogated/debriefed by the charr.

Tequatl and Shatterer are ranks within their respective orders. The new Tequatl has a an easy lore explanation (that's been confirmed as well). When a dragon dies its energy spreads to the other dragons, surrounding land, and its minions. So in turn, the current Tequatl absorbed some of the energy and became stronger.

The Shatterer fight has a similar explanation but you can apply the same explanation for Tequatl to it. The Shatterer fight is almost a tech demo of different mechanics they were working on. Someone had the bright idea to apply them the fight (it was terrible before and easy to do according to Anets words). BAM, new Shatterer fight.

I have a question though. Wtf are they going to do if/when all the dragons die. The dragons control the flow of magic so that there isn't too in the world. Otherwise wield stuff happens like hostile anamolies, chaotic rifts, etc. Is the new dragon supposed to take the place of the elder dragons? And if so isn't that extremely dangerous? Maybe worse than having multiple dragons split the load

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Who's E.
    They do still reference E, so it's not a dropped thread, though I haven't collected all the notes this episode so might have missed something.

I agree they dropped the ball here, especially since player-revs were just there, no story. They may expand on Rytlock at some point, but it's a bit late out of the gate.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    There was no connection between Abaddon and Scarlet. They never practiced that fractal, it was that one of Thermanova, people voted for Thermanova. Though they vote was exactly fair because it was in the middle of Scarlet's arch, of course people would vote for that one.
    I'm almost sure that both fractals were meant to be added. One after the vote and second "sometime later".

Tequatl and Shatterer are ranks within their respective orders. The new Tequatl has a an easy lore explanation (that's been confirmed as well). When a dragon dies its energy spreads to the other dragons, surrounding land, and its minions. So in turn, the current Tequatl absorbed some of the energy and became stronger.
    Yup, that was a theory that seemed the most possible, good to see it confirmed.

I am going to say for me it is not worth playing anymore. I tried to go back and had to reset my password. But the game devs locked it behind a purchase authentication code from the original game which I no longer have. I tried to use the one I got with the expansion, but it wouldn't work. Tried numerous times to get help but was completely ignored. Not even an email response from them. So I gave up and said F U to that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supermage View Post
    I am going to say for me it is not worth playing anymore. I tried to go back and had to reset my password. But the game devs locked it behind a purchase authentication code from the original game which I no longer have. I tried to use the one I got with the expansion, but it wouldn't work. Tried numerous times to get help but was completely ignored. Not even an email response from them. So I gave up and said F U to that game.
    You either did something wrong or I'm calling BS.

I had an authenticator on my account but lost the serial number for it. All I had to do was contact customer service and answer a few questions for them to fix the issue. They also don't just put authenticators on your account, unless you mean two-factor authentication which is a completely different thing. All you need for two-factor authentication is access to the email account you registered the game to. If you bought a stolen key (intentional or unintentional) they aren't going to help you.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

You either did something wrong or I'm calling BS.

I had an authenticator on my account but lost the serial number for it. All I had to do was contact customer service and answer a few questions for them to fix the issue. They also don't just put authenticators on your account, unless you mean two-factor authentication which is a completely different thing. All you need for two-factor authentication is access to the email account you registered the game to. If you bought a stolen key (intentional or unintentional) they aren't going to help you.
    I remember a thread on reddit where people were complaining about being banned in GW2. In each case the devs posted what happened and a lot of the posters were left with egg on their faces.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is so dead its pretty sad. 95% of the old player base quit after trying HoT, one of the most cancerous worst designed exp in mmo history.
    I still return once in a while but only for pvp/wvw.
    I'm surprised they aren't closing the shop considering they lost so many players even their revenues from cash shop dropped to shit. They also don't seem to be in any hurry to release a proper expansion any soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    The game is so dead its pretty sad. 95% of the old player base quit after trying HoT, one of the most cancerous worst designed exp in mmo history.
    I'm surprised they aren't closing the shop considering they lost so many players even their revenues from cash shop dropped to shit. They also don't seem to be in any hurry to release a proper expansion any soon.
    are you kidding me? i havent noticed any drop in players, HoT is what got me back to playing the game, the world has double in size and unlike the old maps the new ones have a use. HoT brought out masteries which kept me busy for a while. gliding added a new twist. fractals have been reworked and new ones added, new pvp maps and also some reworked, elite skills added a huge variety of build possibilities, they added raids which are also interesting and really pushed you to learn team play, of course the release of Free to play brought alot of new players into the game also. oh and not to mantion guild halls, gave the guild something to work for,

I have a question though. Wtf are they going to do if/when all the dragons die. The dragons control the flow of magic so that there isn't too in the world. Otherwise wield stuff happens like hostile anamolies, chaotic rifts, etc. Is the new dragon supposed to take the place of the elder dragons? And if so isn't that extremely dangerous? Maybe worse than having multiple dragons split the load
    "There must always be...an Elder Dragon" - Rytlock, due to Revenant's connection/attunement/whatever with Glint (although that's also assuming every Rev runs Herald, which having not played in a year, I have no idea if that is meta or not).

Oh, yeah, obligatory /s

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Literally everything in this post is wrong. I didn't know one person could spout so much shit.

1. They have half the team working on the new expansion.
    2. The population has barely changed, so if they didn't close the shop before they won't now.