Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Because rape is a thing.

People not being able to afford. Before some asshat says just dont have a baby if you cant afford, contraception isnt 100%, so alwazs that chance and we arent going to honestly monitor all the folks that cant afford a baby to make sure they arent having sex/neutering them all.

Complications, birth defects, etc as well.

There are even more reasons, but these are the easy 3.

I agree with the argument of bodily autonomy, and the scientific stance on when "life" begins - which is generally around the start of the third trimester.

So, I am fully pro-choice until around the third trimester, when my stance shifts slightly more conservative, where I stand that a doctor should agree with the abortion before proceeding.

Politically, pro-choice policy tends to also increase contraceptive access, preventative medicine, safe abortions when necessary, and access to the proper healthcare to help a woman through pregnancy if she chooses to carry. I view all of that as positive, so I support pro-choice legislation and candidates.

Finally, I'm male, so my opinion on the matter is pretty much garbage anyway.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Its the only form of eugenics that is actively practiced.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Because if I were a woman I'd want the option and hope I'd never have to make use of it. Caricature type arguments like those constantly presented by anti-choice advocates are not persuasive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponji View Post
    minus all the 'explosive increases'.
    After the reality of Trump being elected, I have come to the conclusion that there are enough "not so smart" people in the USA that would lead to "explosive increases" in all of the cases I highlighted.

It's all a matter of opinion, in my opinion you don't get human rights until you're out of the womb.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    You don't have the right to bodily autonomy. Many times you aren't allowed to intentionally hurt yourself (or use drugs that only affect you).
    Suicide may be illegal but GL arresting a corpse. Illegal drugs are something I consider counterproductive to the war on crime. If someone wants to get high on meth or w/e that's their decision. In the end, I am entirely capable of killing myself via tobacco or alcohol, very legal and damaging substances.

I have every right to deny medicine that I need to live, or donate an organ to save a family member. The rare cases where they force drugs or medical procedures to someone is in cases where the patient is a danger to others or themselves due to severe mental illness.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Who Cares? I like Eduard Khil though.. TROLOLO FOR PRESIDENT!
    Because men have no right to tell me what I, or what any other woman is doing with their bodies.
    This is not the 1200s, we are not property of men anymore, and we should have jurisdiction over our bodies, just like men do.
    Infractions this, infractions that.
    There's my sig.

This video pretty much sums up my feelings towards the pro life crowd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvF1Q3UidWM

Although for me its not an issue I feel that strongly about one way or another

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pro choice because I hate babies! Less of them the better

Gonna preface this with saying that I'm Christian, by choice, and I've received formal education in a non-religious setting.

I would rather see "accidental" pregnancies carried to term and paid for by people who want kids but can't get pregnant. No loss of life, and the woman who doesn't want kids gets monetary compensation for the time spent pregnant. I see nothing really wrong with aborting rape babies (even though my niece was the result of a rape). Also see nothing wrong with abortions if the child is going to be miserable for its entire short life (Tay Sachs and its like). If the woman's life is placed at serious risk due to the pregnancy, I see nothing wrong with terminating that pregnancy. My wife is the most important thing in my life. If she gets pregnant and it endangers her, I'm gonna tell them to terminate.

I don't think of any pregnancy as an accident, not for any religious reasons, but because there's deliberate actions taken that get you to that point. But I also don't think people should be forced to be parents before they're ready to be parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Teevo View Post
    I would rather see "accidental" pregnancies carried to term
    By force?

That leads to all the points I highlighted in my OP.

By forced payment?

That is human trafficking, which is an entirely different debate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking

"In 2014, the International Labour Organization estimated $150 billion in annual profit is generated from forced labor alone."
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-02-13 at 08:22 PM.

Bodily autonomy.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanous View Post
    Bodily autonomy.
    Just remember, if you're going to use the bodily autonomy argument, you're advocating for abortion on demand up to term.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    because pro-choice policies (including access to preventative medicine, regular checkups, contraception, and safe legal abortion) have all been shown to decrease the number of abortions which are actually performed in this country

every conservative politician who tries to defund PP is an egregious hypocrite because all they are doing is increasing the number of abortions which will be performed
    But if the woman would just do as she's told, get married, to a man, she'd have all the funding for checkups and care. Duh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    Just remember, if you're going to use the bodily autonomy argument, you're advocating for abortion on demand up to term.
    I'm ok with this. And later no less. Around the 75th trimester is my math is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamorallo View Post
    I'm honestly fine with that as well, never stops being her body. If doctors are able to keep the baby alive, good on them. If we have the capability to keep an early fetus alive outside the womb, then that would be an amazing breakthrough that saves lives.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikkonen View Post

Which is a lot of paper work to have the right to do so from their side. It's not something done to fuck with patients.
    So? The paper work is done after. Of course it's not done to fuck with patients, but control is still being taken over the patients bodies. You said you worked in health care (nurse/paraprofessional?). Did you actually work in any of the psychiatric departments? I can tell you the paper work is in most cases just a formality.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2017-02-13 at 08:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly because I don't think anyone has the right to tell you what you can and can't do with your own body. It is, and always should be, a personal decision.

If you outlaw abortions, it doesn't stop them from happening; all it does is force the practice underground.
    It'll still happen, but instead of being done under careful medical supervision in a modern medical facility, it happens behind a dumpster with a coat hanger.

I also believe that the world needs fewer unwanted children, and that "put them up for adoption" is not always sunshine and rainbows and happy endings, particularly for children who belong to a minority group (or are biracial.) It's not like we're experiencing a population crisis.

Finally, I oppose those who think otherwise on this subject because I question the sincerity of their motives.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post

Finally, I'm male, so my opinion on the matter is pretty much garbage anyway.
    Nope. As a tax-payer you are funding this. If on the other hand, it was paid from their own insurance or pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Robyn View Post
    Because men have no right to tell me what I, or what any other woman is doing with their bodies.
    This is not the 1200s, we are not property of men anymore, and we should have jurisdiction over our bodies, just like men do.
    You're right. So pay for your own choices.

All this talk of choices but no one talks about responsibilities, no one even seem to consider that other people are funding your actions.
    Last edited by Fojos; 2017-02-13 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    I'm ok with this. And later no less. Around the 75th trimester is my math is right.
    I'm pretty sure that declaring those in their 20's fair game for murder is tongue-in-cheek.

I just wanted to establish that advocating for the bodily autonomy argument puts you in logical waters that many are uncomfortable with.