Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Just hit 800 at JC, dont know how to make money of it :/

Hi guys! Me and my JC again...

I just hit 800 and I would like to know what to do to make some gold with JC.

I have watched some videos and read some guides but I am still lost!

Seems that the best way is buying ore and prospect it, but I dont know how many leystone and felslates I should buy to start.

Also, mass prospect or try my luck with the gem chip colors?!

All way in felslate or leystone?

Right now on my server Felslate is around 37g and Leystone 17g. The +200 main stat gems are around 6000-6500ea.

Thank you very much!!!

Ahhhh I got Enchant also!

Quote Originally Posted by VeteranoNoob View Post
    Hi guys! Me and my JC again...

I just hit 800 and I would like to know what to do to make some gold with JC.

I have watched some videos and read some guides but I am still lost!

Seems that the best way is buying ore and prospect it, but I dont know how many leystone and felslates I should buy to start.

Also, mass prospect or try my luck with the gem chip colors?!

All way in felslate or leystone?

Right now on my server Felslate is around 37g and Leystone 17g. The +200 main stat gems are around 6000-6500ea.

Thank you very much!!!

Ahhhh I got Enchant also!
    Check the price of a raw gem. If this is less then a cut gem you buy the raw gems, cut them and list the cut.
    and behold. $$ was made.
    Same with enchanting. check the price of mats. if mat price is less then the sell price of an enchant buy mats, enchant vellum, sell, make $$
    (note the 5% AH cut when determining if something is profitable).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I would share tips, but idk which server you're on.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Note that check the price doesn't just mean what all the current listings are, there's no guarantee then that they're selling. Instead check Undermine Journal or get an addon to check the actual going rate.

Buying gems is worth on my server, I am on Azralon.

Thats why I am asking about prospecting

10+ Year Old Account
    200g per prospect, usually grants a gem chip
    Getting to 800 from 780 takes what, 300k or something?

Professions - Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know much about how JC works these days, but I do see those 200 stat gems going for almost 10kg in my server. Don't those give you profit?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    200g per prospect, usually grants a gem chip
    Getting to 800 from 780 takes what, 300k or something?

Professions - Obsolete
    meh... bit of a stretch

id agree leveling prof to 800 is obsolete useless unless you just like being at 800. there is no other benefit.

there is is plenty of money to be made with several profs, again having nothing to do with leveling to 800.

Jewelcrafting is pretty terrible because there are a ton of other JC's out there and our profession isn't even a guarantee to be used(0 guaranteed sockets except for LULPRYDAZ and LULSEPHUZ) and they nerfed gems while buffing enchanting and inscription. So you'll start your undercut wars on Tuesday and reset the price to like 15k for a saber eye and by friday they're selling for less than what it costs to make one. GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I don't know much about how JC works these days, but I do see those 200 stat gems going for almost 10kg in my server. Don't those give you profit?
    Ssshhhh...

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

to insert a question: how did u lvl up from 780-800? i only have left the class neck which is yellow and will gimme 1 point.....that's the only way?

Quote Originally Posted by Grap View Post
    to insert a question: how did u lvl up from 780-800? i only have left the class neck which is yellow and will gimme 1 point.....that's the only way?
    I got 5 from darkmoon and then I started to spend some gold :/

Part of that gold I recovered by creating obliterum that at that time was around 30-50% of the cost I had, so was not that badddddd.. but for sure I spent at least 100k to get those 15 points

damn....but thanks for the help. i guess i have to give it a try :/

I make some gold on 815 items, but it depends on your realm. Also gems but meeh...its like 500g profit at best. Havent got to 800 yet, cause Im sure the 200 stats gems can do like 1-2k profit.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    meh... bit of a stretch

id agree leveling prof to 800 is obsolete useless unless you just like being at 800. there is no other benefit.

there is is plenty of money to be made with several profs, again having nothing to do with leveling to 800.
    Not completely true. As a miner/blacksmither, I've been making around 2-3 of the Steelbound Devourer mounts every 2 weeks without doing much other than what I typically do (dungeons, raids, emissaries, and work orders) and those are going for ~55-80K on my server. It's not a huge money maker but I don't typically use what free time I do have for farming so something that I can get nearly passively and gives more than enough gold for the things I need i pretty nice. Those mounts require 800 blacksmithing to make.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Well, there is always Prospecting, if you do it right and have some luck you can make some nice profit out of it.

The other day I bought ores for 10k (about 400 Leystone and 200 Felslate if I don't remember too wrong), and got gems for about 23k out of it, so 13k profit.

(Was insanely lucky though, and got 5 Pandemonites)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Well, there is always Prospecting, if you do it right and have some luck you can make some nice profit out of it.

The other day I bought ores for 10k (about 400 Leystone and 200 Felslate if I don't remember too wrong), and got gems for about 23k out of it, so 13k profit.

(Was insanely lucky though, and got 5 Pandemonites)
    uh yeah thats pretty luck

Quote Originally Posted by Maunsta View Post
    uh yeah thats pretty luck
    Yeah, done it a couple of times after that, not been so lucky.. Today I spent 15k, and only got 4k worth of gems.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Yeah, done it a couple of times after that, not been so lucky.. Today I spent 15k, and only got 4k worth of gems.
    Do you sell Gem Chips too? They sell like hot cakes. Spending 15K and earning only 4K is weird. On my realm 1 chip is ~30g, and 15K is ~5 stacks of leystone ore + 1 stack of felslate. If I prospected EVERYTHING, all 6 stacks, that'd yield 240 gem chips, I'd earn 7200 by selling only gem chips.

I play on Ragnaros EU, the best days to sell gems and chips are first 3-4 days after realm restart, these are the days when majority of people raid, and last 3 days of the week are the best day to buy ore.

Either your realm economy is dead, or you're mass prospecting T_T
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-03-03 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Do you sell Gem Chips too? They sell like hot cakes. Spending 15K and earning only 4K is weird. On my realm 1 chip is ~30g, and 15K is ~5 stacks of leystone ore + 1 stack of felslate. If I prospected EVERYTHING, all 6 stacks, that'd yield 240 gem chips, I'd earn 7200 by selling only gem chips.

I play on Ragnaros EU, the best days to sell gems and chips are first 3-4 days after realm restart, these are the days when majority of people raid, and last 3 days of the week are the best day to buy ore.

Either your realm economy is dead, or you're mass prospecting T_T
    The 4k is rare gems though, not the green ones (which I usually craft into rings) and chips.

Had an even worse day today, lost 12k gold.. But got about 30k worth of gems/rings on AH, started with 10k some days ago and only do one session each day. So it is definitly money in doing this.

I use the Gem Chip Helper addon, and never mass prospect.

- - - Updated - - -

Also it is only a level 101, so can't cut rare gems on him, so only selling raw materials + rings. Love it when they proc into epic, easy 1k gold.