SP looking for help. Logs inside.

Hi, I am trying to help my wife improve her DPS. She was on of our tops in EN but she really hated the StM play style of dying each fight having to use double to food and runes and the like. SO she switch with 7.1.5 to LotV. She needs more haste. better trinkets, and better legendaries but my concern is she does not seem to come close to her sim numbers. We both know they are theoretical ceilings, but she barely breaks 60% of her sim totals. I think it may be a rotation issue.

warcraftlogs. com/reports/GXNC8gjVLcRrxMmJ/

She is the only SP there. I did sim and put on her highest simming gear and talents this morning so her armory should reflect what she will be raiding with this week. I am looking for any advise to pass along to her for single target. Thank you in advance.

Refering to the Chrono fight she should use Legacy of the Void as lvl100 talent,not Shadow Crash. Additionally she has an too low Vampiric Touch uptime on that boss (92%). Should be more like 98-99%.

Another thing that I see is,that her Mind Blast to Mind Flay ratio is way too even. I have the belt but that doesnt change much in that case. And she doesnt really seem to make use of her 4p T19 setboni that well.
    warcraftlogs. com/reports/p3m9wXy8hLvfjDYn#fight=6&type=damage-done&source=24 for reference. I would consider myself an good Shadowpriest so you can take my logs as a good reference regarding spell ratios.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucerin View Post
    Hi, I am trying to help my wife improve her DPS. She was on of our tops in EN but she really hated the StM play style of dying each fight having to use double to food and runes and the like. SO she switch with 7.1.5 to LotV. She needs more haste. better trinkets, and better legendaries but my concern is she does not seem to come close to her sim numbers. We both know they are theoretical ceilings, but she barely breaks 60% of her sim totals. I think it may be a rotation issue.

warcraftlogs. com/reports/GXNC8gjVLcRrxMmJ/

She is the only SP there. I did sim and put on her highest simming gear and talents this morning so her armory should reflect what she will be raiding with this week. I am looking for any advise to pass along to her for single target. Thank you in advance.
    To begin with, stat priorities changed with 7.1.5. She has more haste than she needs but is woefully low on mastery. There are in-depth values listed in the shadow priest thread and on H2P. But try to find her a mastery stat stick (Urn of Shadows from Kara, Bottle from Helya) and an Erratic Metronome. Those proc trinkets are awful.

Her SWP uptime needs some work. There's no reason it should ever fall off of Krosus. Get some weakauras if she doesn't have them already to help with that.

The number of her Mind Blast and Voidbolt casts are quite low. Those should be priority over finishing a Mind Flay. Mind Flay should probably average about 2 ticks per cast and she's almost at 3 ticks per.

With respect to the MB to MF ratio it looks like you are about 3:1 in favor of MB. She didn't think the 4 pc was very useful becasue she read it wrong and started using 5 Voidbolts in a row after entering Voidform after she understood it and we saw a slight increase on Tich but she was dropped before the kill. But comparing the two if she gets her MB usage up and is able to make good use out of the 4pc, would that be enough to see a significant difference? TY for your advise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    To begin with, stat priorities changed with 7.1.5. She has more haste than she needs but is woefully low on mastery. There are in-depth values listed in the shadow priest thread and on H2P. But try to find her a mastery stat stick (Urn of Shadows from Kara, Bottle from Helya) and an Erratic Metronome. Those proc trinkets are awful.

Her SWP uptime needs some work. There's no reason it should ever fall off of Krosus. Get some weakauras if she doesn't have them already to help with that.

The number of her Mind Blast and Voidbolt casts are quite low. Those should be priority over finishing a Mind Flay. Mind Flay should probably average about 2 ticks per cast and she's almost at 3 ticks per.
    She's been scouring H2P for a while now. Her issue is nothing ever drops for her. Week after week wee see many people get multiple upgrades each night while she gets nothing or the same item as she has. With regards to haste, it that 31% required before going mastery?

With respect to the MB to MF ratio it looks like you are about 3:1 in favor of MB. She didn't think the 4 pc was very useful becasue she read it wrong and started using 5 Voidbolts in a row after entering Voidform after she understood it and we saw a slight increase on Tich but she was dropped before the kill. But comparing the two if she gets her MB usage up and is able to make good use out of the 4pc, would that be enough to see a significant difference? TY for your advise.
    She should always use MB on cooldown together with Voidbolt. What Im doing is using 5 Voidbolts entering Voidform to extend my dots on the target,and then continueing to do my normal rotation. Mind flay is really only an filler when you have nothing else to do. And she should prioritize to upkeep her dots on the targets like said before. If she does all of that her damage should increase by far. And she should really change the lvl100 talent to Legacy of the Void and switch to more Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Brolthor View Post
    She should always use MB on cooldown together with Voidbolt. What Im doing is using 5 Voidbolts entering Voidform to extend my dots on the target,and then continueing to do my normal rotation. Mind flay is really only an filler when you have nothing else to do. And she should prioritize to upkeep her dots on the targets like said before. If she does all of that her damage should increase by far. And she should really change the lvl100 talent to Legacy of the Void and switch to more Mastery.
    Yeah, I think she forgot to swap out. She uses the other one for cleave. Unless she was thinking she needed the cleave for the lesser elementals.

- - - Updated - - -

She's been scouring H2P for a while now. Her issue is nothing ever drops for her. Week after week wee see many people get multiple upgrades each night while she gets nothing or the same item as she has. With regards to haste, it that 31% required before going mastery?
    I'm sorry for the bad RNG. We've all been on the receiving end of that at one point of another. I had about a month and a half before nighthold where just nothing would drop for me.

Shadow is particularly sensitive to stat balance because yes you do still need a certain amount of haste to keep voidform up longer/make better use of its buff. However at this point I'd say she's safe to change her gems and enchants to mastery just because her mastery is so low. It'll bring her haste down to ~10,300 (not sure what % that is, I always just use rating) which should be fine comparing it to other SP's of a similar gear level. Really try to get one of the Mastery stat sticks (it only takes 5 people to go do a Nightbane run for a tradeable Urn + her bonus roll) over the Swarming Plaguehive. It can be good if all your other stats are in order, but hers aren't there yet.

That + small rotation improvements should yield significant results. But the rotation is always going to be the biggest thing. Mastery isn't doing anything if you let dots fall off the target.