Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Has my hunter reached his limit?

I have a BM Hunter.... ilevel 862. I have a 940 ring.

Last Friday I did my first raid in 12 years. My guild leader wants to have me raid.... We did whatever one it is where you visit Mulgore. I barely remember it; I was so tense.... It was all I could do not to drop from the group. Anyway, I decided I am not going to raid.... too tense for me, and too long ( 3.5 hours for the one I did )... and I didn't enjoy it.

I have not had any upgrades even doing mythics - though I have only done 6 or 7. I have done like 20 - 30 heroics, and the gear there seems to be all downgrades for me.

I'm not going to Obliterum my iLevel up.

So, I guess I am where I am, and that is pretty much it, barring another legendary? ( I got 3rd BIS ring or hunters from an emissary quest for 40 stormrays )

Deleted
    I don't understand the question. You don't want to raid. It's too tense, too long. What does it matter then?

At 860 you're skirting what low mythics+ can gear you. You can get more gear from higher difficulties but haha, you need the gear that drops in the higher difficulties to be accepted in those same difficulties . Anyway, LFR, the new two wings, has 855 gear and it's quick. You can try those. But if you don't want to raid then you don't need super high gear, and mythic+ are, in every way, a mini raid once getting to 10+.

Deleted
    goo higher m+

my friend is literally oonly pugging nhc raids (specific bosses) and runs m+ like a madman an is 904 equipped

Not doing content that rewards better gear results in the gear not dropping. This isnt a surprise to anybody/

Quote Originally Posted by Arrol View Post
    Not doing content that rewards better gear results in the gear not dropping. This isnt a surprise to anybody/
    Of course not.... but I was wondering if mythics will be dropping better stuff.... my highest level is 4, so far. But I guess I can't go higher if I don't get better gear.... and the cycle starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post
    goo higher m+

my friend is literally oonly pugging nhc raids (specific bosses) and runs m+ like a madman an is 904 equipped
    If old raids are too much pressure then being stuck behind a timer in mythic + is going to give this guy a heart attack.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    Of course not.... but I was wondering if mythics will be dropping better stuff.... my highest level is 4, so far. But I guess I can't go higher if I don't get better gear.... and the cycle starts.
    You can literally get 900+ ilevel at this point just working up through m+, without raiding whatsoever.

Gearing is so rediclously easy at this point. My 2 days /played spriest is 894 right now, and have barely done 30-40 m+.

Work your way up.

People cleared 10's the first week with 850 capped gear. You can also get carried, but you do not need better gear to clear mythic+'s atm.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I recommend you to just do random battlegrounds, world quests, skirmishes and looking for raid. All these things can be done by the light hearted. These events will get you gear.

So you want infinite gear upgrade without doing the hard content? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nogahn View Post
    my friend is literally oonly pugging nhc raids
    Public service announcement (again): there is no raid difficulty called "NHC". Unless you meant "N/HC", i.e. both.

/gquit

Seriously.

If it's a tense atmosphere in your guild raid group that deters you from raiding, just quit the guild and find casual, semi-casual guild with relaxed atmosphere during their m+/raid runs. You don't need Gunnery Sergeant Hartman to clear heroic raids or do mythic+ dungeons, fuck it, it's not work.
    You might have fun and enjoy the game and the people while duing so instead.

Deleted
    w8. you play for 12 years and never been in raid before?

Deleted
    If 3.5 hours are to much for u Probably wow is the Wrong Game When u want play on a higher level than doing daily wq

Deleted
    you must be a fun person to hang out with

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    w8. you play for 12 years and never been in raid before?
    Yup, first thing that drops on my mind is exactly that question.
    Its ok IF you dont like raiding, since LFR has become accessible at patch 3.3.0.

You my friend then missed A LOT of endgame content that is fun if youre not raiding.
    But enough about that, no point in crying over spilled milk.

It was Spider-Bird boss, honestly one of "harder" bosses in that raid.
    If you go there unprepared (not even checking YT videos) it may get hairy and tense since a lot of things is going on and you have no clue what is what and where is where.

First, my suggestion is try it again, but this time go in prepared. One of the reasons is that Survival artifact hidden looks drops there. Its also quite easy honestly, as ranged you got ignored by a lot of mechanics that affects melee.

Second, mainly, because of gear. As i said, once you get the handle of it its quite ok. You need to ease up a bit and know that noone will kill you or bash you because your raid wiped because of you. Wiping is part of practicing, therefor learning.

Third, atleast go in Nighthold LFR, that gear set means a lot! You can practically autoattack AFK there and noone will say a thing.

Now.. no, you havent reached your limit, however you slowed your self down quite a bit cutting you from one of major sources of gear and upgrades, which will then help you push that higher M+.
    Following, as people said, everything above M9/10+ is like a miniraid basically, you do need to be preped good and know what youre doing.

Just as example, I dropped my Survival prior to 7.1 changes and moved to my pala, he was around i 864. Few days ago i decided to pick it back up and managed to get it to 884 in one Emerald Nightmare and half of Nighthold raids since my guys are well geared above that.
    So, its 20ilvl jump in just two evenings.

Alternative is to find a group that could carry you trough higher M+ a bit till you jump over that brick wall in gearing.
    Second alternative is PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

Wait what, you wan't better get to do what exactly? You don't do m+, and you don't raid. Normal Mythics might titanforge for you, and get you a good item. But I don't see the reason, if you're not going to use it?

Also, what is it with this "nhc" people are talking about? Normal Heroic? Normal Heroic Content? Normal Hard Core? I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

So, to sum up:

- 12 years playing, never raiding
    - 862 iLvL, but don't want to improve this
    - Finally, don't like raiding because after 12 years of play, you still don't understand game mechanics.

There is no question here.
    Your hunter hasn't reached his limits, but you do.

MM+ boost groups exists, they can carry you to get better gear with your key.
    If normal/heroic raid is too hard, you can use LFR to prepare yourself before.
    You can upgrade some stuff with crafted gear upgraded with obliterium, but you don't want to.

So finally, you absolutly deserve your situation. You already have the answers about how to get rid of it, and you don't care.

Maybe it's time to find an other game, or stop trying to raid if you don't like it.
    In any case, if you are here now, it's all about you and not about legendary luck or shit like that.

I think it's pretty important that you understand it's your fault. You don't want to improve yourself. Period.

Deleted
    Press "i" to open the LFG interface.
    On the left choose: "Premade groups"
    On the right choose: "Keystone mythic dungeons" and create a group
    In the description write: "My key ***- your key goes here*** - LF Boost"
    List your group.
    ... Profit

People will generally join your lower key run for the 3 chests, which provide a shitload of AP and a higher chance at a legendary.

To directly answer your question OP. The answer is still "no." Even running low mythic+ / mythic0 the gear can bonus roll up. If you do not want to play the RNG waiting game with titanforged gear / legendaries, then you need to move on to Mythic+ dungeons.