Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Are you seriously putting MoP's boring mandatory 10 daily cap system on same quests up there with Legion's dynamic WQs?

Some people just can't be saved.

You should just quit WoW and go play EQ1 if you like mindless grinds.
    A world quest fan who doesn't like mindless grinds. Just when you thought you'd seen it all.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    A world quest fan who doesn't like mindless grinds. Just when you thought you'd seen it all.
    Pretty hilarious, I agree.

WQs are generally boring and repetitive. I would prefer they be dropped completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    I'll be surprised If they -dont- ditch It, World Quests give no positives over Daily Quest hubs other than not needing to click on an NPC first and reading the Quest Text, that's It.
    Actually it does. It makes the quests a lot more fluid. Makes it so you enter an area that is in need of help instead of having to talk to an NPC at a specific "quest hub" location and have them assign you something to do elsewhere. It's a MUCH better system and makes the dailies more natural and seamless with the environment.

Would you prefer to have an NPC tell you that a dam is broken and that you should go do stuff to help it or would you prefer to arrive at this dam yourself, see that it is broken and automatically just do the thing that you have to do to remedy it? I much prefer the latter.
    Last edited by Saverem; 2017-02-15 at 08:54 PM.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm neutral leaning towards negative on the world quest system.

If Blizzard could pare down the number that are active at any one time, increase the duration of those with a short timer, and reduce the reward pool (because effectively waiting a long time for the "right" reward sucks)... I guess I would be OK with it.

I really miss having quest hubs though, so why can't there be both?
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

It was a system built on recycling leveling content and adds very little. Persoanlly I hope to see the system go.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IceMan1763 View Post
    Pretty hilarious, I agree.

WQs are generally boring and repetitive. I would prefer they be dropped completely.
    Then don't do them, you get more AP and legendaries spamming mythic+ anyway. As if 1000x MoS wasnt repetitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    It was a system built on recycling leveling content and adds very little. Persoanlly I hope to see the system go.
    It adds very little to raiders and mythic+ farmers which have higher gear, it's still a better system then old dailies or farming boring daily heroics non stop for valor points.

-

Seeing those responses, do people realize there are people who don't raid or spam mythic+?

Just because there are Daily quests, do you feel forced to do them? There are still dailies up in old expansions, do people still go there cause they feel forced to?

Outside of the rep gained initially to get Exalted, and a small legendary chance from the cache, they aren't mandatory at all if you do other legendary/AP sources with higher itemlevels like mythics+ & Raids.

I wouldn't be opposed to making all WoW reputations be unlocked account bound sometime after you hit exalted on 1 character, then all characters will be exalted in the future.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-15 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Then don't do them, you get more AP and legendaries spamming mythic+ anyway. As if 1000x MoS wasnt repetitive.

- - - Updated - - -

It adds very little to raiders and mythic+ farmers which have higher gear, it's still a better system then old dailies or farming boring daily heroics non stop for valor points.

-

Seeing those responses, do people realize there are people who don't raid or spam mythic+?

Just because there are Daily quests, do you feel forced to do them? There are still dailies up in old expansions, do people still go there cause they feel forced to?

Outside of the rep gained initially to get Exalted, and a small legendary chance from the cache, they aren't mandatory at all if you do other legendary/AP sources with higher itemlevels like mythics+ & Raids.

I wouldn't be opposed to making all WoW reputations be unlocked account bound sometime after you hit exalted on 1 character, then all characters will be exalted in the future.
    My Alts don't touch raids or mythic+ and it still doesn't change the fact that the system recycles that toons leveling content 99% of the time. I could also talk about its piss poor reward system in which RNG refuses to give it anything other then Cloaks and Neck pieces or Fire Relics come to think of it. An if that didn't make it bad enough, I continue to get Fire Relics for a spec I don't even play. While on the WQ theme why hasn't the base ilvl been scaled +10 or +15 anyways.

To answer your ???, no I don't feel forced to do them because my main rarely does them since it got exalted with everyone and the only ones it really focuses on are the pet battle tokens occasionally or the WQ that give those Honor Badges so I can buy old transmogs with. As for Alts I do them randomly, some days Ill do 4 a day then a week will go by and i'll do maybe 1.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    My Alts don't touch raids or mythic+ and it still doesn't change the fact that the system recycles that toons leveling content 99% of the time. I could also talk about its piss poor reward system in which RNG refuses to give it anything other then Cloaks and Neck pieces or Fire Relics come to think of it. An if that didn't make it bad enough, I continue to get Fire Relics for a spec I don't even play. While on the WQ theme why hasn't the base ilvl been scaled +10 or +15 anyways.

To answer your ???, no I don't feel forced to do them because my main rarely does them since it got exalted with everyone and the only ones it really focuses on are the pet battle tokens occasionally or the WQ that give those Honor Badges so I can buy old transmogs with. As for Alts I do them randomly, some days Ill do 4 a day then a week will go by and i'll do maybe 1.

Yes I agree it's a recycle of leveling content, but really, old dailies also usually let you do the quest once before it turned into a daily, and you had to progress in some zones to unlock new areas, unlocking WQ is still part of the game too tho, but I meant there were progression gates at Trial of the Crusader or Vale of Eternal blossoms as well (I suppose Suramar is also similar to this)

Also old dailies had really dumb random elements, especially in MoP where they added random daily sub zones, or having a follower do stuff with you and if you wanted some achievement you had to do all the dailies with all the followers.
    And most of all, the rewards were mostly gold and rep, with 1 limited item vendor per reputation.

No I am not defending the gear from WQs, its super random, but each zone seems limited to a certain stat combination, so crit/mastery gear for example always seems to come from Stormheim.
    Relics type and Trinket secondary stat are completely random however, especially if you play a class with more then 1 mainstat, I get int and strength trinkets, or arcane/iron/fire/holy/life relics as a pala so I agree on the randomness.

Itemlevel will go up to 855/860 in 7.2, still not enough imo, but I can see they want mythic 0 relevant again since they drop 865.

At first I was really annoyed cause I felt like I had to do them every day to get the most rewards, and never miss a chance on gear but I learned that this is just a game and having WQ expire isnt the end of the world.
    Especially managing multiple characters gets to be a lot of work. I can see it being much easier to just play 1 character this expansion. (I play 4 atm).

I like the Pet battle WQ as well, for the achievement & pet tokens, I also often do honor towers when they give AP or honor tokens.

I do agree on your RNG points, its a big part of Legion's (bad) tactic to keep people playing, RNG items, RNG legendaries, I don't like it, I rather work to a goal, AP is more consistent in that regard as you know where and how much for the next point you need
    At least AP doesnt have this RNG compared to Legendary: "how much % chance will this emmisary cache have to contain a legendary and which one is it??"

TLDR
    All in All I still think the WQ system is a massive improvement over regular dailies what it has to offer daily, since it gives you choice on what to do within your time.
    Maybe it's the fact I haven't raided yet or don't have a mythic+ farm group that I appreciate WQ more as it's the main thing the game has to offer outside of LFR/PvP and Weekly Calendar events: (timewalk or dungeon event caches), and pet battles/transmog as side content.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-16 at 10:22 PM.

make it all over the world, maybe cyclically

I preferred static dailies, you could get into a rhythm after a few days and they were all close to each other. World Quests have just made the process more complicated and time-consuming. Totally unnecessary for such a small part of the game.