Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Well, I suppose it's "for myself", as I've never role-played. Still, it's a mental thing for me; I have a hard time enjoying a game if I don't feel "connected" to the character. It's why, in WoW, I decide my Race based on Lore, as opposed to racials, or even appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Well, I suppose it's "for myself", as I've never role-played. Still, it's a mental thing for me; I have a hard time enjoying a game if I don't feel "connected" to the character. It's why, in WoW, I decide my Race based on Lore, as opposed to racials, or even appearance.
    Well if that is the case, waiting for Stormblood to really flush it out won't hurt that much, but chances are we will only meet a handful if that of the Xaela tribes.

Just remember that your character left for a reason, take that with what other people have said and you should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

My friend's the same way. He gets a character concept in his head, but doesn't RP much (occasionally he'll RP briefly here and there for a few minutes) and doesn't write or anything. He just likes having character personalities and concepts and why they do things in his head.

That's my problem. I obsess over making sure my character is "right", but in cases like this, I winder up just NOT PLAYING. And it sucks, because I really WANT to play FFXIV, but suffering from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, it's just mentally exhausting.

That's my problem. I obsess over making sure my character is "right", but in cases like this, I winder up just NOT PLAYING. And it sucks, because I really WANT to play FFXIV, but suffering from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, it's just mentally exhausting.
    There's always an alternative, though it's a bit cliche.

Amnesia. You can always have a character start with their arrival and they can't remember damn near anything. As we learn more lore, you can flesh them out as they start to remember flashes here and there, piecing their past together as you figure it out.

I originally started my character in 2.0 launch as a Thaumaturge and now that I converted my backstory into a Xaela one, I realized it fits well for a DRK background to start in Ul'dah.

Well, I don't suppose anyone has any further insight on the matter?

Both cultures seem to have *some* things that resonate with the Xaela -- such as the Colosseum of Ul'dah, or the more rowdy culture of Limsa -- while other things seem completely disconnected, such as the undermining politics of Ul'dah, or the strictly Pirate-themed people of Limsa Lominsa.

I dunno. Would definitely appreciate some advice, though!