Deleted

Whispers in the Dark

So, I just looted this trinket, and I was trying to understand which is the best way to use it. I was thinking it may be keeping always at least 3 shard and 2 souls (without capping) for it. Maybe is there a better way?
    Also, It doesn't look like it procs a lot, anyone knows the procs per minute?

Unfortunately this trinket adds even more rng to already rng dependent spec like destruction. It very rarely procs on the pull, and can go a few minutes into the fight without procing at all. It also has an amazing tendency to proc when you are dealing with mechanics, for example right before soaking on krosus, which leaves you with its debuff when you are supposed to do quick work of the adds

In the long run, it does feel nice, and can be amazing with some luck, but the times it has screwed me over are far too numerous

Deleted
    Never ever play around this trinket as affliction, period. Just dump your shards when it procs. If your fortunate enough to have reap/plentiful shards it will be amazing. If not its just tough luck. You can't wait on this thing to proc it sometimes will leave you hanging for a very long time.

For example early on in our Krosus mythic progression (1-2 minute pulls) I didn't get a single proc for 4 pulls.

I suppose you're talking about affly, since destro is not that affectted by the proc since it only gives +cast speed and shard gen (which you already have with the tier bonus), could also be demon but i dont play it.

As affly, just play normal rotation and if it procs and you're lucky you will have souls and shards. What I personally do, since I got the leg belt and the 4p tier bonus, is always try to save 1 shard by dumping 3 or 2 shards (in normal rotation) depending if I have 4 or 3 shards, doing this, if my trinket procs I have 1 UA which has a 45% chance of refunding 1 shard + increased shard gen from tier bonus and I usually end up with atleast 2 UA and if i'm a bit lucky 3-4 UA.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Unfortunately this trinket adds even more rng to already rng dependent spec like destruction. It very rarely procs on the pull, and can go a few minutes into the fight without procing at all. It also has an amazing tendency to proc when you are dealing with mechanics, for example right before soaking on krosus, which leaves you with its debuff when you are supposed to do quick work of the adds

In the long run, it does feel nice, and can be amazing with some luck, but the times it has screwed me over are far too numerous
    Oh shit, are you one of those "rng on top of rng on top of rng" people?

The ppm is .7 but it's a really powerful trinket. I'd definitely use it.

Deleted
    Also, how good can it be in M+? I'm pretty sure Its proc definitely shine on boss, especially if the fight lasts something like 1.5 minute, but how good can it be on trash packs?

You don't have to play around it.

For Affliction, with more haste you gain more shards, and faster Corr/Agony/SL ticks. Haste has no effect on UA in itself, so there is no need to sit on shards waiting for a proc. 1 soul shard is always the same damage, regardless of haste.

For Destruction, you just do your things faster. Less Conflag cd, more shards - you should not sit on shards because with the proc it is a good chance you will waste shards.

For Demonology, maybe you can play around IF you track the ICD, and the proc is soon, you can sit on TKC and use it when you have an extra set of imps, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    For Demonology, maybe you can play around IF you track the ICD, and the proc is soon
    "Soon" can still mean 2 minutes away with this RNG trinket. You are saying to wait on TKC to just wait for one more HoG right? As I didn't quite get what you meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    "Soon" can still mean 2 minutes away with this RNG trinket. You are saying to wait on TKC to just wait for one more HoG right? As I didn't quite get what you meant.
    There are Weakauras that can "guess" on wether a trinket has a proc soon or not, based on PPM.
    For example, if TKC has ~10 seconds left of it's cooldown, and your weakaura tells you that Whispers will proc in the next ~15 seconds, you can wait with TKC and not cast it off immediately; instead you can wait for your trinket proc for an extra HoG.

It is a miniscule dps increase IF played properly, but I won't be bothered to try that, there are enough things to track already.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    There are Weakauras that can "guess" on wether a trinket has a proc soon or not, based on PPM.
    For example, if TKC has ~10 seconds left of it's cooldown, and your weakaura tells you that Whispers will proc in the next ~15 seconds, you can wait with TKC and not cast it off immediately; instead you can wait for your trinket proc for an extra HoG.

It is a miniscule dps increase IF played properly, but I won't be bothered to try that, there are enough things to track already.
    Yes I know this, I have used them in WoD so I could save up resources for the proc. However, Whispers is a completely different matter. With the old trinkets you could be pretty sure that they would proc within a few casts once off the ICD.

With Whispers you absolutely have no clue whatsoever or even if it will proc again during the next 2 minutes of the fight... It is seriously all over the place. So yes you can track the ICD but I doubt it will rarely be useful unless they make a fix.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thath View Post
    So, I just looted this trinket, and I was trying to understand which is the best way to use it. I was thinking it may be keeping always at least 3 shard and 2 souls (without capping) for it. Maybe is there a better way?
    Also, It doesn't look like it procs a lot, anyone knows the procs per minute?
    We can only dream of a trinket like Draught of Souls where you can predict exactly when to use it and align all your cooldowns to get effectively 15% of your damage for free and push 3m+ dps which is what warriors are doing right now

Instead casters got a bloody RNG thing and warlocks don't really have cooldowns to align with it. As affliction the best you can hope for is that the stars align and you can go a shard-and-reap dump when the thing procs.

It procs at roughly the rate of the melee trinket cooldown. For affliction it's just another layer of RNG and it's not worth screwing around, just hope that the stars align right. And it's very RNG, sure it averages out but it really sucks that you can get multiple procs on trash no one gives a fuck about and then do an entire boss pull and get nothing.

Casters got really short-changed when you compare what they got with what melee got. The trinket is clearly wildly overpowered for warriors in particular, the difference between warriors with and without one is massive as it's more powerful than a legendary, plus it's way more powerful for warriors than any other class....

Yet it's been left entirely untouched despite the evidence in the logs as to how stupidly op it is.

The caster has a sucky penalty attached too, and that can be really terrible if the bloody thing procs when you're dealing with a mechanic and then you get the penalty right at the very moment you need to pull that extra bit of damage to deal with a follow-on mechanic

You can guarantee the damn thing will proc when you get Fel Ejection on augur or the pools on krosus and then of course if you get an add you go right into the slow-casting penlty

Maby a stupid Question but is this always bis ? Regardless of whats in your other trinket spot and how many T19 u have ? (Affliction)

Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    Oh shit, are you one of those "rng on top of rng on top of rng" people?
    What does that even mean? The trinket is pretty unpredictable, sometimes procing back to back sometimes not procing at all for a very long time, resulting in huge dps differences between pulls

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgvr View Post
    Maby a stupid Question but is this always bis ? Regardless of whats in your other trinket spot and how many T19 u have ? (Affliction)
    Yes. Unless you get a high rolled Arcano tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Thath View Post
    Also, how good can it be in M+? I'm pretty sure Its proc definitely shine on boss, especially if the fight lasts something like 1.5 minute, but how good can it be on trash packs?
    I really love it in M+

There are times when you get a proc right as a pack dies and you start the next with the negative debuff, and that's a needle in the eye moment when it happens.... but the flip side... when you get a proc on pull your boss dmg is crazy high on the short 5 man fights, and seed spam with a whispers proc does what you'd expect...