Page 31 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Ok, I am not a fan of the regulation not being passed or passed, but this is untrue.

The current environment is you can't blame investors if you decide to take their advice and your investments go bad because they have no legal obligation to advise you of investments that are in YOUR best interest.

The regulation would have entailed that if you hired an investment adviser, then they could only advise you of investments that ARE in your best interest.
    That is not what the rule was about it was about preventing you from giving your client bad advice when you have a vested interest in going in the opposite direction. Basically it was meant to make sure you don't have ulterior motives for your advice. It is no coincidence that just happens to be the very thing Goldman Sachs did during the financial crisis, they talked all their clients into buying financial instruments designed to fail so they could make a killing.

That is not the same thing as the disclosure that all investments are risky and you can lose all your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Guys. We aren't even a month in.

Think about it.
    It's going exactly as I expected it. Republicans leak all of the inner workings of anyone who was loyal to Trump, the left raises the leaks as a controversy. Both sides wait to try and take out the chosen candidate of the people, to take back their power. Because the real threat to Republicans is not the Democrats, and the real threat to Democrats is not the Republicans. The real threat is neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    https://oversight.house.gov/contact/

Oversight website turned off their phones and disabled their email link. Chaffetz you fucking coward.
    I got through to their automated line, at least. Didn't get past the first prompt since I can't sit on the phone right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Another interesting note.

So basically, after all the shit about Hillary's emails, they're now using a third party app to communicate to "avoid leaks" and auto delete after so much shit has been leaked leading up to this point.

(Yes, this violates the law.)
    This...can't be real...please say this isn't real...

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    It's going exactly as I expected it. Republicans leak all of the inner workings of anyone who was loyal to Trump, the left raises the leaks as a controversy. Both sides wait to try and take out the chosen candidate of the people, to take back their power. Because the real threat to Republicans is not the Democrats, and the real threat to Democrats is not the Republicans. The real threat is neither.
    You forget the part that all this damage is self inflicted, Trump is the one doing himself damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    Yes please tell me all the crazy things Trump has done since he has been in office:
    Continued the ICE raids put into place and enforced by the Obama Administration? Signed an order on a travel ban exactly like he said he would during the campaign? Appointed people not liberal enough for Cabinet positions and Supreme court? Not Catered enough to the media set out to destroy him?

None of this is really radical stuff, just crazy people on the left outraged by everything.
    So let's see the Ban was so poorly put together that it stopped legal US residents returning home, threw multiple US departments into confusion because they did not know what they were supposed to do, and was ultimately suspended by the Courts. Even if you fully supported the idea of ban, it was done piss poorly.

There is also question as to if he knew what he was actually signing as reports indicated he didn't realize he was putting Bannon on the security council with his executive order.

Trump has also put people in positions of power that do not know what they are doing, Carson in charge of HUD, DeVos in education ($200 million dollars baby), people with questionable ties, such as Tillerson and Flynn, though the Flynn one did actually fall apart in the end.

His advisers have been making idiotic statements repeatedly since he's been in office, and we aren't talking minor things we are talking false terrorist attacks, statements that include the terms alternative facts and so on.

So yeah there are a few things people are upset over.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You forget the part that all this damage is self inflicted, Trump is the one doing himself damage.
    I haven't even seen anything that I'm very concerned about, yet. The whole Russia thing is insanely overblown for me. I expect Trump to try and reset relations with every country out there as he comes into power. Obama botched a lot of them.

I understand there is a law about not talking to foreign governments. But come on, this was the incoming administration. Whether he talked early to them or not, the policy wasn't going to change. Talk to them now, or in 2 weeks, what's the real difference.
    Last edited by Narwal; 2017-02-14 at 07:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't even seen anything that I'm very concerned about, yet. The whole Russia thing is insanely overblown for me. I expect Trump to try and reset relations with every country out there as he comes into power. Obama botched a lot of them.
    "For you".
    Well thankfully, your poorly informed opinion matters very little.

...lol resetting relations with Russia. Yeah, right. Not with Putin in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    So let's see the Ban was so poorly put together that it stopped legal US residents returning home, threw multiple US departments into confusion because they did not know what they were supposed to do, and was ultimately suspended by the Courts. Even if you fully supported the idea of ban, it was done piss poorly.

There is also question as to if he knew what he was actually signing as reports indicated he didn't realize he was putting Bannon on the security council with his executive order.

Trump has also put people in positions of power that do not know what they are doing, Carson in charge of HUD, DeVos in education ($200 million dollars baby), people with questionable ties, such as Tillerson and Flynn, though the Flynn one did actually fall apart in the end.

His advisers have been making idiotic statements repeatedly since he's been in office, and we aren't talking minor things we are talking false terrorist attacks, statements that include the terms alternative facts and so on.

So yeah there are a few things people are upset over.
    Yeah, but besides that

I'm not a victim. I'm not registered to either side, I don't even partake in politics in any way. Never voted in my life. I have a good job, good healthcare, I literally have nothing to lose or gain with who becomes President, except maybe us getting into a war that threatens our sovereignty. I am a person from the outside looking in. It's time you step out of your liberal bubble and understand a few of the truths of the liberal propoganda machine this media has become. Sure, the right has their own propaganda machines, too. They don't hide it, the left tries to mascerade it.
    For someone who claims to not partake in politics, your posting history and started threads seem to state otherwise.

I'm sure you are looking forward to a full, independent investigation into this. After all, if we had more than half a dozen investigations into Benghazi, we should have a few in this.

I understand there is a law about not talking to foreign governments. But come on, this was the incoming administration. Whether he talked early to them or not, the policy wasn't going to change. Talk to them now, or in 2 weeks, what's the real difference.
    It's really hard talking to people who live in an alternate reality.

"I'm not political."

"Pay no attention to my political talking points."

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    "For you".
    Well thankfully, your poorly informed opinion matters very little.

...lol resetting relations with Russia. Yeah, right. Not with Putin in charge.
    I'm very well informed. I just don't view the facts through the lens of ultra liberalism and hating the current President. You understand that people well-informed can have differing opinions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It's really hard talking to people who live in an alternate reality.
    Who then have the audacity and gal to call themselves outsiders looking in...

10+ Year Old Account
    Officer, there's a 50 MPH zone in 20 miles, I can go that fast in this 30 MPH zone! @Narwal

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very well informed. I just don't view the facts through the lens of ultra liberalism and hating the current President. You understand that people well-informed can have differing opinions?
    So can partisan hacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yes, Skroe is well informed and has a different opinion than mine.
    But you are clearly uninformed.

Haha, so now they're talking about adding Christie to the administration to "keep Trump on track"?

Holy hell it's the gift no one wants that keeps on giving...

You think he's doing perfectly fine and everything is just the establishment and the media trying to take him down. You are reciting talking points from Trump surrogates and infowars.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    For someone who claims to not partake in politics, your posting history and started threads seem to state otherwise.

I'm sure you are looking forward to a full, independent investigation into this. After all, if we had more than half a dozen investigations into Benghazi, we should have a few in this.
    He is one of the AWOKE! The "Independent". I love people who claim they do not belong to a party makes them non-partisan. I am not registered to a party. I have voted for candidates in many political parties. I guess I am "AWOKE!"

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    "I'm not political."

"Pay no attention to my political talking points."
    Yea, I described it wrong. I'm not involved in the political process, is what I meant to say. I stay up to date in the political world simply because it's a fascinating area that creates a lot of conversation. I am liberal in the social sphere, but not in the economical sense. I want business regulation, but I think the left takes it way too far. I want a nice clean planet, but I think the left takes it way too far. I want people to live their life how they see fit, I think the right takes it way too far. I want people to have a choice if they want their own financial gain to help others. I want there to be a social safety net, but I want it to be enforced seriously that you are looking for work while on it.