Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    1st soak is the least amount of stacks so DH or Pally could do it and have one healer spam heal him.

I don't know too much about tanks in Legion but could the Bear soak 2 and 4 and the prot war soak 3?
    Since someone else said their bear took 1 and 4, possibly 2 and 4 would work unless it's dependent on a CD being up for 4 that was used at 1, but barkskin is the only thing I can think of and that's a short CD that I believe would be up for both...

Sounds like our best plan then is
    1 DH
    2 Bear
    3 Prot warr
    4 Bear

We also have hunters, does turtle work to prevent stacks? I'm guessing no

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    Since someone else said their bear took 1 and 4, possibly 2 and 4 would work unless it's dependent on a CD being up for 4 that was used at 1, but barkskin is the only thing I can think of and that's a short CD that I believe would be up for both...

1 DH
    2 Bear
    3 Prot warr
    4 Bear

Turtle doesn't prevent stacks. Hunters are last resort for soaking b/c they have no mitigation and will get trucked by the dot. From the logs where people handle soaks perfectly, 1st soak is 2 stacks, 2nd is 4 stacks, 3rd is 3, and 4th is 4. I've seen some logs where DH can soak 3 stacks, so I have no idea, up to your raid and your healers. Also depends on if the strat is never break Brands or not.

Hardest soaks are 2 and 4, since they're both 4 stacks. You're probably going to have trouble with your Prot Warrior. I know a two stack drops my Guardian Druid to half with Mark of Ursol and Rage of the Sleeper. Ideally you should stick to immunities and a bear tank.

1 DH
    2 Bear
    3 Prot warr
    4 Bear

Prot warrior won't be able to soak anything but the very first one and even then probably not that well. Hunters, rogues, DH and bear tanks all do a far superior job. Even pallies/mages can if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    Prot warrior won't be able to soak anything but the very first one and even then probably not that well. Hunters, rogues, DH and bear tanks all do a far superior job. Even pallies/mages can if needed.
    Yeah I don't understand your logic. A hunter with zero self mitigation can soak better than a tank. Cool story.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishei View Post
    Hardest soaks are 2 and 4, since they're both 4 stacks. You're probably going to have trouble with your Prot Warrior. I know a two stack drops my Guardian Druid to half with Mark of Ursol and Rage of the Sleeper. Ideally you should stick to immunities and a bear tank.
    Blech, what do you suggest for us then with no rogues? Is it the dot that hurts the most or the initial blow? We don't have a rogue so I'm just not sure what our best options would be. Immunities won't do anything for the dot after, which is why I was leaning towards prot and bear soaking as many as possible, and DH the one they can't get. Sounds like without a rogue we might be effed XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    How does a hunter for example survive 2-4 stacks of the dot?

Yeah I don't understand your logic. A hunter with zero self mitigation can soak better than a tank. Cool story.
    The issue at hand isn't the ticking damage. The issue is that for a warrior to soak a 4-stack, he has to take the brunt of 4x seeker swarms which do 640K magic damage each - that's a 2.5M hit to the face of a tank that's currently tanking other high-hitting mobs, before cooldowns of course. This is doable - but then you have to remember that "oh yea, the debuffs an actual thing. Fuck".

Here's a link to a log of our resident DerpH taking a seeker swarm to the face:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...deaths&death=1

As you can see, he doesn't have the debuff first, so he takes an initial 650K hit - followed directly by a 6.4M hit, because if you have the debuff, any subsequent seeker swarm hits do 1000% increased damage. This is liveable on the very first where there's TWO debuffs - one 640k, one 6.4M for a combined 7M damage, and even with a HEAVY cd (50% shieldwall) it'll drop the tank SUPER low, especially if he's tanking something already.

On the second and fourth wave, he'll take 6.4M*3 = 19.2M, + 640K, so about 20M damage before cooldowns. It's a bit less bleak on the third, because he'd "only" take 13.3M on that one - but still, quite unliveable without popping TONS of cds.

So that's how a hunter with zero self mitigation can soak better than a tank - by actually living through the initial hit. Sure, they'll need spam healing after, but have fun trying to mitigate a 20M magic hit on a warrior tank; Bears, paladins and DKs can live it (unsure of DH and monk), but warriors probably won't. Keep in mind that on your own two kills, your bear Foxform is tanking a 2 stack - he takes 1.8-2.8M damage from ONE powered hit (lowest one, 160K base 1.6M max hit for 1.78M). If you add 2 more hits at that power (that's with Mark of Ursol + SI up), that's a 5M hit - as said, liveable by a bear fairly comfortably. But that's literally your entire healthpool at 5050K hp according to the log.

So dude is right - prot warrior can soak the first one, but not very well (it'll likely deal over 3M damage total to you out of 5M). 3 and 4 stacks are pretty much out of the question without wasting every single CD on a boss where you sort-of need them.

Blech, what do you suggest for us then with no rogues? Is it the dot that hurts the most or the initial blow? We don't have a rogue so I'm just not sure what our best options would be. Immunities won't do anything for the dot after, which is why I was leaning towards prot and bear soaking as many as possible, and DH the one they can't get. Sounds like without a rogue we might be effed XD

- - - Updated - - -

How does a hunter for example survive 2-4 stacks of the dot?

Dot is what hurts. You solve it by spamming the hunter. A lot. Like, ALOT. Worst case scenario, you have to plan around them dying - for example:

1: Hunter (2 stacks).
    2: Bear (4 stacks).
    3: DH (3 stacks - spam shittons on him, they can live, ours manage).
    4: Die with a shaman ress totem / battle ress them.

If you've got a holy priest, you can have them die on the third one in the last phase and go into archangel - it'll last until the boss hits enrage anyway, so on the last phase it'd be:

Hunter - Bear- Priest dies+spamheals - DH (and hope he lives till boss dies).

Note that hunters can only soak every OTHER seeker as well; They have 3 min CD on turtle, and it happens every ~2:45.

Last edited by Dracodraco; 2017-03-03 at 11:07 AM.

How does the hunter soak if he gets brand? I'd imagine it would be a bit awkward.

How does the hunter soak if he gets brand? I'd imagine it would be a bit awkward.
    You pop the brand?

Yeah doable...just have to make you don't gib the previous soaker.

Don't need to be. Melee just have to not run into the green circle (aka might have to move out of melee range for a bit). I guess some people might find that akward though.

If you're going to do a sacrifice, he can soak two waves; the 2, and then die on the 4. It's not that much though and only reduces healing the 2 stack by ~5 seconds.

Deleted
    We don't used rogues to soak and were fine. 90 trys on him

Quote Originally Posted by Idoneo View Post
    That's almost 3-4 times as many wipes as the average (of 25-30 pulls); the question is if the majority of your deaths were due to soaking, or other things going on. If it was soaking, then you weren't "fine", you really REALLY suffered on it.

So, if we have the following comp, what is the recommended soak?

Options: Prot Warr, Guardian Druid, 2x Rogues, 2x DH, 2x Hunters

My initial thought is:

Prot Warrior (2 stacks) -> Rogue (4 stacks) -> Guardian Druid (3 stacks) -> Rogue (4 stacks)

Or would it be recommended to use the DH immunities instead since no branded problems there and the Prot Warrior doesn't get trucked with 2nd stack application? I assume the hunters would not be preferred over DH because of branded and longer immunity cd.
    Last edited by Effinhunter; 2017-03-06 at 08:07 PM.

Guardian, Rogue 1, Guardian, Rogue 2.

Prot Warrior is crap and will likely die to the initial impact, or the bloods + DoT after.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    So, if we have the following comp, what is the recommended soak?

Options: Prot Warr, Guardian Druid, 2x Rogues, 2x DH, 2x Hunters

My initial thought is:

Prot Warrior (2 stacks) -> Rogue (4 stacks) -> Guardian Druid (3 stacks) -> Rogue (4 stacks)

Or would it be recommended to use the DH immunities instead since no branded problems there and the Prot Warrior doesn't get trucked with 2nd stack application? I assume the hunters would not be preferred over DH because of branded and longer immunity cd.
    I'd do like Squishei says. Throw as much at your Rogues as you can, the initial hit of the ability is completely negated and the DoT is manageable even at 4 stacks, ticks for ~750K per second on a Rogue. Make sure you have them spec into Elusiveness and keep up Feint ALL the time while they have the debuff. If they have the Will of Valeera legendary that can be worth using if your healers struggle to deal with the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoneo View Post
    Who are you having do the soaks / what strat are you using?

Deleted
    Hello. Today we managed to get some tries on mythic tichondrius, we did over 30 pulls , but started doing logs later.

We soak in this order Paladin-Rogue-Paladin-Rogue. Our warrior plays with adds. We are copying this guild strategy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ATTRip8BA

And when they are going into 1st ilusionary phase boss has 67% hp, we usually have ~68% hp. When they go into 2nd ilusionary phase they got 35%hp and we have (omg) 43-44%.

Here are our logs. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...02&end=7897764

What are we doing wrong? For all your help, thank you!

So....our first night went less than stellar. We tried multiple strategies as things kept going wrong, if anyone has a second to take a look or offer advice that'd be awesome.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/JzXqZHfYCAK7LTd1

Set up
    Bear and Warrior Tank
    Healers - Disc Priest, Shaman, Druid, Paladin

Soaks
    Multiple iterations...we were trying to do Bear - Rogue 1 - Bear - Rogue 2
    Healing couldn't handle bear soaking and bloods on him, so 2nd bear turned into DH by end of night

Things that I believe need work
    Tanks shouldn't need to pop larger cd's on 3 bloods. - We're letting them die - or do you prefer tank CDs here?

Brands need to be lining the wall, if we have to hard assign 4 over there we can.

Bats were getting better, but we still need to kill more in a phase.

People need to watch their debuff, they can't die from night phase when there's 4 debuffs sitting on the ground waiting to be picked up.

Rogues can't miss cloak, and people need to stop going in when it's not their soak.

People need to get to the middle and not send seeker in random ways.

Tanks need to freeze boss so seeker placement is more consistent. (stop early pulling too please)

Questions

Rogues shouldn't need healing pants to live, it's gimping our dps and we're behind on him and bats. - Is this correct? Or do you have your rogues wear healing pants?

We need a blood strategy as our healers weren't keeping us up. We tried Warrior tank holding first 3 at boss, until next 3 spawned then leaping out and killing all six around echoes time. We tried warrior taking first 3 running out and killing, then taking next 3 (still have the stack) running out and killing. We tried warrior taking odd bloods, druid taking even bloods but druid kept dying to soak + 3 bloods. What's the best way to handle these because it only gets worse when guards and seeker get added.

Guard spawn 2 - the tank waiting for bloods still has to wait while these spawn, what's the best way to handle them? MD? Tank not active ticks them off enough to run in but not to keep so other tank can get them?

For brands with the break strategy, do you hard assign 4 dps to be on the walls to drop it and let healers stand in the middle to hit everyone? Do you split your healers behind pillars or by the soak targets as they were claiming they couldn't handle both the tanks and soakers during echoes.

Bats - do you have people use any DPS cds here? I'm seeing videos where they kill 30, we weren't accomplishing that. What displays how many were killed like in some videos?

Do you assign roles for the healers - such as HP keeping up tanks and soak targets, disc get the raid up after brand explosion, etc.? If so, with our comp what should we assign? We have a resto druid alt spec, and another holy paladin available.

Thanks for any help you can offer!