Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Good, let them burn out over their unrealistic expectations. Then we will maybe have a healthy raiding scene, not "you want challenge, better be prepared to gear 10 characters in 2 weeks, and then split-run for 30 hours before even reaching the hard part".
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I'm also expecting more of this with the new AP grind in 7.2
    So am I. Personal opinion the AP Grind is killing any fun I have, 7.2 is depressing seeing how much I'll have to farm D:

I fully expect most of these hardcore guilds to call it this expansion. WoW is not worth that time investment anymore. I only raid 6hrs a week, if i had to commit one more second to the game i'd just drop it altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Did you ever fall behind by 3 months? I don't think you fell behind by months if you think its that easy to catch back up.
    I did, unsubbed in october came back early January, took me a week to get up to my 34th.

And that was playing maybe 4 hours a day (extended on days off etc.)

The grind is what you make it, just play the damn game, go do Norm/heroic En, +1-7 if you can't get 10.

I have been very casual and even I can still enter normal Nighthold without any issues.

If you want to mythic raid, then yes it's a grind, and it should stay that way.

Hasn't Midwinter also been raiding for like years now. That long at a hardcore pace with no benefit would burn anyone out.

God this community, every expansion is the worst in your eyes, the fact that some people actually defend WoD goes to show how foolish people can be.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

One thing I do not understand is why the patch unlocks the massive grind weeks before the raid. Release the raid first, make it mathematical impossible for everyone not top 5 material and unlock the grinds 2 weeks later to make the endboss die and the raid gradually accessible to everyone. That way the top guilds would have to strategize practice time vs grind time and could relax the rest of the year with everyone else.

I am not even slightly exaggerating. I have bout 6 hours a day AT MOST to play. I can't even enter +10 Keystone runs because of how far behind I got. This is the first time I have played WoW and not been able to catch up.
    I agree, I took about 5 weeks off for work related issues and I still feel like I cant catch up because I don't have the time. I have guild members that will run me once I can make time, but even then, this stupid artifact is so far behind it feels limiting. Add to that, you cant really "purchase" catch up gear, at least on my server so it really feels slow. I log in, tank a mythic or two in the hopes of an upgrade, get some item that is lower then I have now and log.

Kinda sucks, but I understand I took the time off so its my problem although I wish there was a more clear cut way to get caught up, even if it costs me a shit ton of gold.

Things that are killing competitive progress:

1) Grind

998) Bugs/abuse

999) Strong competition

Quote Originally Posted by Guilford View Post
    Where do people get the idea Mythic Nighthold is tuned for 50-54 traits? Have they specifically said as such? Perhaps it's tuned for you actually being in full 910+ fucking gear. Also to the guy bitching about being 3 months behind, no. Catching up is incredibly easy, especially now.
    I don't agree but perhaps I am the exception. I only get about 8 hours a week to even play, let alone raid, so I am certainly in the casual class. I sit at 860 ilvl and cant seem to break from it. It feels like a hard cap and I am still just sitting around waiting for my AP to catch up from the 5 weeks off. In a weird and boring place to be honest.

The AP boss breaks more guilds , more to come!!

https://i.imgur.com/6muNVRY.mp4

I wish I could be as deluded as you my dude. The AP Grind isn't fine. I took a three month break and came back too far behind to catch up again atleast till 7.2. The Catch Up Mechanics are useless. The Base Grind is too hard. Face it. The System is awful. Blizzard better realize really quick what they did wrong and they better not repeat it. They like to do this thing where they make great games then have one shitty system ruin the whole thing. In WoD it was the Patch Cycle. In Legion its this shit.
    Go play another game if you can only play 3 hours a week. You could play 3 hours a week in WoD and do everything, thats because WoD was a piece of crap for anybody not raiding mythic. Its very clear that Blizzard made the decision to cater towards a younger audience who have much more time to play the game and grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    The AP boss breaks more guilds , more to come!!
    Something that only affects people in the top guilds who have nothing better to do than "race" in a video game for...nothing. Damn. It must SUCK not having to be able to have your 3 alts have ALL AP traits in so you can abuse mechanics by cheesing them with x class, because you technically have not the gear to do it.

Whereas other people will all still happily clear mythic at a normal, intended pace, backed up by increasing their gear on their raiders

But, oh no, I'm fucking weeping over here for those few guilds who are all vocally "quitting" and "taking a break" to try to coax Blizzard into changing something. Boo fuckin' hoo.
    Last edited by Malygaa; 2017-02-14 at 01:49 PM.

Won't be the last guild to call it quits if Blizzard continues with this AP grind.
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Believe it or not, a lot of people don't know who people like Sco are nor do they really care.
    No, I don't believe it's possible to be a really active MMO-C user (like used in my example) and not at least heard of his name.
    I do believe that a lot of people might not care.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, when was the last time Midwinter was EVER relevant? HM?
    Oh so you actually know who that is after all.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2017-02-14 at 01:56 PM.

and they were still raiding ? thats more shocking news to many i bet

AP grinding is just a way to artificially inflate your power for the current point in time. And infact that stays true until the cap, when you basically start to fall behind (everybody else catching up)

Of course Top raiding guilds will wants as much as they can. But this is a problem 100% created by themselves and the community. Balancing Mythic content isnt easy, now trying to do that with a scale of weapons that vary up to 9.5% in power (35-54) is just not possible.

These are the only outcomes I see.

-Top 3 guilds max AP before ToS.
    -Top 3 guilds make a 'gentle man agreement' for ToS launch, where most players are within 2-3 pts of each other.

or

-Blizz stops tuning Mythic end bosses for max gear levels.
    -Blizz keeps tuning Mythic end bosses for max gear levels, and we don't see a kill in a week or two.

Personally I would like to see more of a world of warcraft where we play the game as it stands, not this constant state of trying to live in 7.2 before it happens. I understand preparedness, but at times it seems a bit much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valium104 View Post
    The intent of AP is to last entire expansion, you earn it while doing fun things as a "you never waste time playing" thing.
    instead this twists into everything you do that does not gain AP feels like you are wasting time playing. want to farm transmog? should farm AP instead. mount? AP. achieves? AP. pvp? AP.

also the bold part is debateable.

Quote Originally Posted by Fevyx View Post
    Won't be the last guild to call it quits if Blizzard continues with this AP grind.
    good the more guild quits the faster they will remove mythic and add some actual content into game.

Deleted
    break from progression raiding
    That says to me that they aren't stopping raiding, that they are just not going to be playing the way they would be if they were competing at the top. Paragon was the only one I understood to be quitting, simply because they refused to adjust their roster to include non-Finish people in order to make the numbers up for mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    good the more guild quits the faster they will remove mythic and add some actual content into game.
    What a retarded statement. WoW is built on raids. Go play Pokemon Go.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    There is plenty of content? What are you even on about.
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes