Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Its done like this on purpose to diminish the targeting of bots.

Try this: /console targetnearestuseold 1 and to permanently use it add to ur config WTF file : SET TargetNearestUseOld "1"
    Have to enable it again after each patch, which is annoying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    it was fine until they broke it
    Have to agree, wasn't really the issue time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusque View Post
    It's the worst when you're tanking. It's bad in general, but god damn does it suck when tanking.
    yeah in tanking mode it is really bad if you're not dk, dk have a lot of aoe thing that dont need tabing, so while your aoe thing hit the mob you tab until the good one is selected, but it is a pain in the ass anyway becuse you have to put a dot on each enemy to take less dmg and 90% of the time you tab a different mob , tab again and you come back to the first enemy selected, so tab tab, another tab oups you select again the same stupid mob while a few of them have never been tabed correctly ;x

I agree, the targetting system feels like the game is in its pre-alpha version...

Targetting was good until it stopped being good

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I have been playing since vanilla and tab targeting has always worked except for Hall of Lightning, just after the first boss, and trash on the boat in Deadmines Heroic in Cata. I think it is probably a learn to play issue. If you are not facing the right direction, maybe that is why you are having problems targeting mobs.
    I wish it was that, two mobs, targeting one, it is getting down to 10%, i tab and nothing, tab again, nothing. I back peddle a little so that the other mob will readjust itself, tab... nothing. Mob 1 dies, tab and nothing. I finally click the other mob and kill it. That's just one casual example.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    Its done like this on purpose to diminish the targeting of bots.
    maybe their intent was but actually computer gets never tired and does these numb tasks, like target changings until it finds correct one, always better than humans - it's botfriendly.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    One of the big mysteries out there, imo. I still don't understand why Blizz tweaked a perfectly fine situation and made it so much worse; twice if I'm not mistaken.
    because they had to get rid of enemygrid, it was known since they implemented the change

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so relieved to find that this is a game-wide issue. I thought it was my computer so I never sought help or did anything to find out if others experience the same thing. I, too, hope it gets changed back soon.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel your pain very much.
    Years ago Tab targeting was reliable, but now my Tab button going to broke very soon...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    it was fine until they broke it
    This, tab-targeting actually worked better in prior expansions. Legion seems to have made the problems involved with tab-targeting significantly worse. I don't remember having the issue of it preferring distant mobs that I'm not in combat with over the ones directly in front of me. The rules for tab-targeting seem to have developed significant issues, with regards to targeting the distant targets over close targets, in a very inconsistent manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    They still use invisible rabbits as triggers and shit that people used as workarounds in WC3.
    Hey.. if it works? Haha
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Scummybear View Post
    Try this: /console targetnearestuseold 1 and to permanently use it add to ur config WTF file : SET TargetNearestUseOld "1"
    Have to enable it again after each patch, which is annoying.
    As far as I can tell this was recently broken. I had added this to an addon I have just for loading things like this on login and it stopped working for me sometime between legion launch and i believe 7.1.5.

I wonder if the tab target change had anything to do with the camera/UI changes in the beginning of Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The irony is that prior to this fuckup, tab-targetting in WoW was actually pretty amazing compared to other games.
    except it was broken in wrath and cata aswell

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    This, tab-targeting actually worked better in prior expansions. Legion seems to have made the problems involved with tab-targeting significantly worse. I don't remember having the issue of it preferring distant mobs that I'm not in combat with over the ones directly in front of me. The rules for tab-targeting seem to have developed significant issues, with regards to targeting the distant targets over close targets, in a very inconsistent manner.
    it did back in late wrath and all of cata

also vanilla tab targeting was absolute cancer
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

As a WW monk I sometimes get lazy with tab targeting on AOE even though i shouldn't be since it rewards you. It's just not fun trying to click on shit with all the spell effects because tab targeting cant find it.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Honestly, it's idiotic that they can't get this right. The rules are fairly simple:

1. Red before yellow (for open world stuff where there are a lot of neutral mobs)
    2. Mobs with which you're in combat before out of combat
    3. In front of the player at a 90 degree cone, then 180. Never tab behind the player.
    4. Closer before farther, i.e always prefer the mob 2 yards away vs 20.
    You're hired, fix the system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    You're hired, fix the system.
    Ha. I really do wonder why it's so hard to do tab targeting like that, though. It's possible the engine doesn't give them all that information or something but the game knows if I'm in combat with a given mob or not, it knows the distance (or at least if I'm in melee range or not and if a mob is in ranged, er, range or beyond it). It knows whether a mob is red to me or yellow (or green). And it knows whether something is in front of me or not. We see examples of this all the time. So I'd LOVE to know why they can't, when I hit Tab, account for all of those factors when choosing the target.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except it was broken in wrath and cata aswell
    wtf are you talking about.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    wtf are you talking about.
    Fel is correct about Cata... although I'm not convinced it was broken in Wrath... It's been many years now and I might be suffering from rose colored goggles here, but I seem to recall Tab Targeting being just fine while we were raiding ICC. That first hallway had plenty of opportunities for it to expose any weaknesses, and I seem to recall it being fine.