Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    i love mythic +

general mythic dungeons are quite boring honestly.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    They don't feel any different from queue groups besides more chaotic cherry-picking LFM (which makes gearing up in mythic dungeons a completely useless aspect). Has just as many social aspects nobody cares about - nobody says anything besides hi and bye at most. And since only ilvl-cherries are picked they are stomped just as quick as heroic dungeons. The only thing saving them is legendary & titanforged RNG + AP which is basically an endless long grind with very few wins.

To do them efficiently you have to join a guild (loot options) which then will most likely also makes raiding available to you - so the myth of them being content for "non raiding groups" doesn't fit really or at least the audience most active by a large margin is also raiding.

Oh and there is the cancer "boost groups".
    Last edited by mmocb759c3dfe2; 2017-02-14 at 11:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Also base Mythic is piss easy. It's the new heroic. Would be no catastrophes at all. 820 groups were running them fine at the start.
    I agree base Mythic is piss easy. "Mythic is the new heroic" was actually one of the first things me and my guild said after Legion launch.

But I don't see how queueing for M+10 would end up not being completely catastrophic.

I have ran some HCs the past few days to farm bloods and have leveled an alt from 100 to 110 through nhc dungeons. The players aere absolutely garbage, without exception. And thats a sample size of ~60 runs (~40 for 100-110, ~20 for blood farming), so no "you only had bad luck with a few of them". I got people who clearly had no idea how to do Serpentrix. Every. Single. Time. you can't kill the boss with 4 heads up, at least not in nhc. In HC I finished the boss solo as tank multiple times.

Then there's the matter of them putting traditionally queueable questlines and achievements behind the Mythic banner, which wouldn't suck AS bad if they weren't ALSO increasing the difficulty of the Mythics in 7.2, and hadn't put time-limited rewards behind them.
    All quests are for normal Mythic, not Mythic+, which means no timer. They only recently made it so that you can finish certain quests also on M+.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    I agree base Mythic is piss easy. "Mythic is the new heroic" was actually one of the first things me and my guild said after Legion launch.

But I don't see how queueing for M+10 would end up not being completely catastrophic.

I have ran some HCs the past few days to farm bloods and have leveled an alt from 100 to 110 through nhc dungeons. The players aere absolutely garbage, without exception. And thats a sample size of ~60 runs (~40 for 100-110, ~20 for blood farming), so no "you only had bad luck with a few of them". I got people who clearly had no idea how to do Serpentrix. Every. Single. Time. you can't kill the boss with 4 heads up, at least not in nhc. In HC I finished the boss solo as tank multiple times.

All quests are for normal Mythic, not Mythic+, which means no timer. They only recently made it so that you can finish certain quests also on M+.
    Nobody is saying put Mythic + on the queue system. Just normal Mythic. Which is apparently their intent. Methinks we both got our wires crossed in an earlier part of the thread.

But bloody hell yeah I agree with you. Putting Mythic + on the queue system would cause nothing but headaches. Leavers becoming a bigger issue than it already is would be one.

They are the best thing add3d to wow. 1 problem all the boosting destroyed the 2-9 key market they should remove ap from them or lower it alot.

Deleted
    Nobody is saying put Mythic + on the queue system. Just normal Mythic.
    Oh, I thought you meant the whole mythic system, including M+. For regular mythic (without key) i see no problem with it being queue-able. But I forsee a lot of whining about Karazhan. If you go there with only the recommended ilvl its actually harder then the other mythics.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    Oh, I thought you meant the whole mythic system, including M+. For regular mythic (without key) i see no problem with it being queue-able. But I forsee a lot of whining about Karazhan. If you go there with only the recommended ilvl its actually harder then the other mythics.
    Jesus no. Karazhan is getting split into 2. Upper and Lower and each one has it's own Mythic +. To be honest no group stomach it all at once in a Mythic + format so it makes more sense to split it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Funny because Karazhan doesn't drop weapons. No Legion instance does because we have Artifacts. Funny how you tell me I don't know what I'm talking about eh?

Also I said they were relevant. I said that Blizzard made it out to be more than it was.
    I'm aware weapons don't drop, I couldn't tell you why the word weapon came to mind when I was responding, I have the habit of speed typing while now paying enough attention. It's especially strange because the 3 pieces of gear I was referring to were boots cloak and gloves.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Just curious why some people seem to not like mythic dungeons.

Isn't more content good for everyone?
    There is really no reason for me too run them. I raid twice a week with my guild already. In order for me to get upgrades from them I need to run mythic +10. Definitely cant pug that. So my only option is too do it over mumble with my raid team. I already do organized content 6 hours a week really don't wanna be on comms with them more than that. Even if I do a mythic +10 I have to wait till next week to get an 880 and hope it doesn't have shit stats!

Don't even get me started oh Kara. That was the worst offender for me. A 5 man "raid" that had better gear trinket wise than actual raids. Too bad for me because I didn't have a kara team, and I certainly didn't feel like having a third raid night. I got left in the dust DPS wise because of my EN trinkets. Thankfully the new raid has fixed a lot of that and I no longer feel like i'm forced into a third raid night.

I long for the days of farming heroics for vp. They were puggable and fun and best of all didn't require comms. Perfect for some netflix binge watching. That's what I want fun casual content when I'm not raiding.

I think its great that there is challenging content out there for people without enough for a raid team. But I am not the target audience. That's fine I also don't like PVP. I just wish there was more casual content out there for my non-raiding nights. Hell if they just made a random mythic queue and awarded AP for it perfect! I would have tons of fun running mythic +0 and getting AP at the same time. I might even play my alts if that happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    My biggest annoyance with mythic dungeons is that the base versions of them aren't in the group finder. I'm perfectly alright with people wanting to get ghetto groups together and travel to the dungeons when they are doing M+ 1 or M+ 5, but limiting the design so you have to do these things with so many mythic only quests out there... Just don't understand it.

There was and is nothing difficult about getting a group of 5 people together and going to the dungeon entrance. Nothing more immersive about it, nothing more interesting about it. Can we please let this old sentiment die?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyChaos View Post
    There is really no reason for me too run them. I raid twice a week with my guild already. In order for me to get upgrades from them I need to run mythic +10. Definitely cant pug that. So my only option is too do it over mumble with my raid team. I already do organized content 6 hours a week really don't wanna be on comms with them more than that. Even if I do a mythic +10 I have to wait till next week to get an 880 and hope it doesn't have shit stats!

Don't even get me started oh Kara. That was the worst offender for me. A 5 man "raid" that had better gear trinket wise than actual raids. Too bad for me because I didn't have a kara team, and I certainly didn't feel like having a third raid night. I got left in the dust DPS wise because of my EN trinkets. Thankfully the new raid has fixed a lot of that and I no longer feel like i'm forced into a third raid night.

I long for the days of farming heroics for vp. They were puggable and fun and best of all didn't require comms. Perfect for some netflix binge watching. That's what I want fun casual content when I'm not raiding.

I think its great that there is challenging content out there for people without enough for a raid team. But I am not the target audience. That's fine I also don't like PVP. I just wish there was more casual content out there for my non-raiding nights. Hell if they just made a random mythic queue and awarded AP for it perfect! I would have tons of fun running mythic +0 and getting AP at the same time. I might even play my alts if that happened.
    That's what I'm talking about. Putting base mythics into the dungeon finder with a random mythic queue option for characters 830+ ilvl, but the current M+ system stays in effect for going beyond mythics standard difficulty. Completely agree with you there, though for differing reasons. I'm just frankly fed up with needing to go through an hour of "LFG Mythic X" only to get responses of "What keystone level" every 3 fucking seconds.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

My only complaint is that they can award gear as good as or better than raiding. The best gear should always come from raiding in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    That's what I'm talking about. Putting base mythics into the dungeon finder with a random mythic queue option for characters 830+ ilvl, but the current M+ system stays in effect for going beyond mythics standard difficulty. Completely agree with you there, though for differing reasons. I'm just frankly fed up with needing to go through an hour of "LFG Mythic X" only to get responses of "What keystone level" every 3 fucking seconds.
    IMO the way keystones are handled is just as much of a problem as the lack of matchmaking for M+ of any level. The LFG tool is nothing but wannabe elitist a-holes, or people looking for free rides to loot. I don't know why people seem to think this is better than matchmaking with limiters on access based on either completion or gearscore.

Player 1: mythic is so easy
    Player 2: then why cant i queue for it?
    Payer 1: because it would be nerfed.
    Player 2: then its not as easy as you claimed then
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    You can add all the hp and damage and little extra mechanics you want, it's still the same few dungeons over and over and over and over and over.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing i hate about M+ is, basically, the same as ranked OW (overwatch)... leavers...

Because there will always be people ready to not like something.

I never said they weren't relevant. I said Blizzard made them out to be more relevant than they are. Of course people are still running Karazhan but I'm seeing way less groups these days.

- - - Updated - - -

Not every piece of content needs to be queue able but in 7.2 base Mythic is being added to LFD if I recall along with HC Karazhan.
    Thats not really any different from any other past content (dungeon wise) from MGT patch onwards in TBC or Uld (raid wise) onwards. New content will always cause the previous to be used less, but people are still using it, mainly down to upgrade chance or class basis, for example as a DH, that eye of command is sexy as hell

My problem with mythic is it feels the same as heroic used to be, while heroic feels like a neutered puppy. I wish they would have stayed with normal-heroic, and made mythic just keystones.

7+ Year Old Account
    The base mythic difficulty suffers the same thing as heroic did. Afterall, in the current cycle inside the expansion, base mythic is the new heroic. Having them nonqueable makes it so that unsocial players wont touch them. Their unappeal to high end players also creates a void there. So normal mythic is in a void and in an awkward spot.
    For me normal mythic dungeons are just old heroic dungeons, which are boring and easy when you reach 820-830ilvl. They were fun when you first entered them at 805-810 but they got easy fast as you geared up.

Mythic + system is a love and hate relationship for me. I like the idea of scaling difficulty since it adds needed replayability to 5 man content. However, it adds a new requirement for high end raids to spam constantly those dungeons to maximize competitivty. So, after all the spamming the same dungeons for almost 6 months, you start to hate it. After all, affixes are awesome and are a good adition, but they aren't as impactful to change your gameplay as I personally would've liked. I prefer really hard dungeons, so my perfect mythic+ would've been only 1 chest always, no timer, you just have to finish it, but making it really hard.
    What I utterly dislike about this system is how it trivialized to an extent raiding by bumping up the average item level before you step into a raid and how blizzard disregards this bump in item level (in favor of the less competitive guilds) when tuning.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2017-02-15 at 12:41 AM.

My only problem with M+ is that certain mods are overly difficult for certain classes.
    I understand that high M+ should be hard, and I agree that it should be hard, but sometimes it just feels unfair.
    That said, since my group uses a bear and HPriest, the only swapping that occurs is whether I roll with the monk or the warrior.
    Last edited by Diggsworth; 2017-02-15 at 12:45 AM. Reason: italics are not underlines, true story