Page 57 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    It's alright to use that term jokingly, but to actually be serious?
    NA BRAIN, LUL
    Fake quote!

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Okay fine. Impatient morons who have zero clue how a scandal cooks, expected it to be over by now. But what do they ever know?

I will repeat what I said, yet again. As great as it would feel for Trump to hit 24% approval rating now, we don't want that. We want him to be in the mid-30s (where he is), on a modest, but protracted downward trajectory. We want him to hit 25% when Trump-Russia blows up just before the 2018 mid-term, and he becomes radioactive to the point he is ousted in early 2019, or is persuaded to stand aside in favor of Pence in 2020. His polls will go up and down before then, but then need to hit a hard 24 or 25% in about a year and a half.

Taking down Trump is all in the set-up. He has to be at the nadir of his popularity and political fortunes and without allies, at exactly the right time, to finish him off. everything right now: hearings, our twice weekly Trump-Russia revelation, is just electing the scaffolding of the campaign that's going to launch Trump and the Trumpkins into the abyss.

- - - Updated - - -

And Treasonw as defined to specifically prevent from it being abused for political purposes.

The Trump criminals will never be charged with Treason. Like Watergate and Iran-Contra, they'll be charged for the cover-up and financial stuff. If they do get them on any kind of "teason-lite" charge, it'll be espionage or some kind of criminal conspiracy charge. The burden of proof on Treason is absurdly high by design.

Personally, although I believe that Trump's team, if not Trump himself directly coordinated with Russian intelligence, I have purposefully avoided using the words "Treason" or "Traitor" because I believe they'll never be charged with that crime.
    It's impossible for Trump to have that low an approval rating, at least judging by the way his supporters support him precisely because he is a traitor to the nation.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    After reading this article... its obviously fake news.

Why?

NOT ONE confirmed source... just another page of bullshit accusations with sketchy sources. Fake news 101 - and easy as fukk to spot it.

i cant believe intelligent people are even discussing this.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post

Why?

NOT ONE confirmed source... just another page of bullshit accusations with sketchy sources. Fake news 101 - and easy as fukk to spot it.

They aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    It's impossible for Trump to have that low an approval rating, at least judging by the way his supporters support him precisely because he is a traitor to the nation.
    What they'll do is the same thing people did with the Iraq War: they'll retcon their history and/or their reasons for supporting him.

They will lie to everybody, maybe even themselves, in order to not look and feel responsible for what they brought on the country. It'll be otherpeople's failure. The excuses will be "we were lied to", "we were fooled", "I did what I was thought was right at the time " (already had some of those).

They will do everything except saying "You know what, I enabled this, I own it, and now I'm going to shut it down."

The American Superpower is our remarkable ability to forget.

10+ Year Old Account

Why?

Hm no, you're wrong. Anonymous sources does not constitute fake news. Sorry. Fake news consists of stories that did not happen, not a description of investigations or self-described unconfirmed allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    It's a good reminder that I posted this 2 months ago ITT:

As applicable then as it is now.
    Probable cause /= guilt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Hm no, you're wrong. Anonymous sources does not constitute fake news. Sorry. Fake news consists of stories that did not happen, not a description of investigations or self-described unconfirmed allegations.
    All the time none of the accusations can be proven as fact then its fake news.

And they havent even attempted to be prove any of the accusations, the article is just hyperbolic bullshit. No facts, just accusations... that is fake news.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the time none of the accusations can be proven as fact then its fake news.

And they havent even attempted to be prove any of the accusations, the article is just hyperbolic bullshit. No facts, just accusations... that is fake news.
    No, again you don't understand what fake news is. If a news organization reports on things that people said - even if unconfirmed or from anonymous sources - that's still news and you don't have the data to make the assertion that it's fake. Fake news involves reports on things that demonstrably did not happen or present an incomplete series of facts/allegations intended to prompt audiences to draw specific conclusions that are not consistent with reality.

You can brush this article off as unconfirmed hearsay. That's fine - and I would agree with you. But it's not fake news. Stop co-opting that term to de-legitimize things you disagree with.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    It's a good reminder that I posted this 2 months ago ITT:

As applicable then as it is now.
    Here's some new news:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.ab8808cb48f4
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    No, again you don't understand what fake news is. If a news organization reports on things that people said - even if unconfirmed or from anonymous sources - that's still news and you don't have the data to make the assertion that it's fake. Fake news involves reports on things that demonstrably did not happen or present an incomplete series of facts/allegations intended to prompt audiences to draw specific conclusions that are not consistent with reality.

You can brush this article off as unconfirmed hearsay. That's fine - and I would agree with you. But it's not fake news. Stop co-opting that term to de-legitimize things you disagree with.
    Well my use of the term 'fake news' is absolutely no different to the way that the Mainstream media themselves use the term fake news.

According to them everything on the internet that isnt Mainstream media is fake news because they dont have the same sources as the Mainstream themselves.

I shall continue to use the term in EXACTLY the same way that the Mainstream Media use it.

Well my use of the term 'fake news' is absolutely no different to the way that the Mainstream media themselves use the term fake news.

According to them everything on the internet that isnt Mainstream media is fake news because they dont have the same sources as the Mainstream themselves.

I shall continue to use the term in EXACTLY the same way that the Mainstream Media use it.
    Except the term fake news was not propagated by what you would call the mainstream media, it is mostly used by alt right and conservative organizations to brush off information they do not agree with. I am sure you will continue to use the term the same way but stop pretending that you are not just another conservative robot repeating what his version of MSM is telling him.

Investigation is still ongoing.

So far things look pretty shitty. Manafort and Page are still getting the screws twisted...FBI had obtained warrants to keep Page under surveillance last year, and Manafort was always under scrutiny
    We already know that Manafort received Ukrainian money that he had consistently denied he received.

So things are moving along...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Except the term fake news was not propagated by what you would call the mainstream media, it is mostly used by alt right and conservative organizations to brush off information they do not agree with. I am sure you will continue to use the term the same way but stop pretending that you are not just another conservative robot repeating what his version of MSM is telling him.
    Bullshit.

Sorry but the first time we have heard this term fake news over recent months was at the US election when the Hillary supporting media started pumping out accusations that fake news was to blame for Hillarys failure.

Fake news has absolutely fukk all to do with political leanings... its all about Mainstream against the rest. Its about the Mainstream trying to hold onto the narrative by blaming all other news sources (specifically chatter around the internet) as being fake.

This is a classic example of where the dictionary definition has very little reflection on reality... because in reality the Fake News issue is VERY different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Fun fact: Reality isn't fake news just because you don't like it..... be rational.

Clinton - email servers we had Trump and supporters saying lock her up, on evidence obtained from WIKILEAKS via RUSSIA.
    Trump and co - direct interaction with Russian intelligence, on evidence obtained from US government officials.

If this is fake news, then you have to define the thing that lost Clinton the election as fake news then too.
    First of all, there is NO proof (at least that they have released to the public) that the calls were anything more than friendly conversation. Secondly, it wasnt Trump making or directing the calls, it was a 3rd or 4th tier member of his campaign staff, and lastly the so called "unidentified sources" have said nothing to indicate there was treason or foul play. In fact here is what they said:

Quote Originally Posted by Unidentified Sources
    Current and former U.S. officials have said, however, that much of the conversation was about sanctions and that Flynn suggested that Moscow not respond in kind to the expulsions — advice that Russian President Vladi*mir Putin took in declining to take retaliatory action.
    I will say though that if there IS proof of any treason or collusion by Trump himself, I will be the first to say impeach his ass and lock him up. Until then, he is innocent
    Last edited by Orlong; 2017-04-12 at 01:14 PM.

Bullshit.

Sorry but the first time we have heard this term fake news over recent months was at the US election when the Hillary supporting media started pumping out accusations that fake news was to blame for Hillarys failure.

Fake news has absolutely fukk all to do with political leanings... its all about Mainstream against the rest. Its about the Mainstream trying to hold onto the narrative by blaming all other news sources (specifically chatter around the internet) as being fake.

This is a classic example of where the dictionary definition has very little reflection on reality... because in reality the Fake News issue is VERY different.
    This a classic example of being devoid of any reality, you apparently missed the entire republican primary, the birther movement and the tea party. But but Hillary you conservatives are still so much in love with her.

Deleted
    Imprison him asap. Along with obama and Hillary.

But the US does not seem to want to punish warmongering psychopaths in their regime.
    Last edited by mmocbf3af6dcb2; 2017-04-12 at 01:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    Imprison him asap. Along with obama and Hillary.

But the US does not seem to want to punish warmongering psychopaths in their regime.
    And im still waiting here

Waiting for Bush and Cheney to answer for the Iraq lies and my dead friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    And im still waiting here

Waiting for Bush and Cheney to answer for the Iraq lies and my dead friends.
    Throw them all before the hague.

It's rather funny how after Susan Rice came out as the un-masker and Bombing of Syria the media has soften their stories about Trump and Putin being bed fellows.

Why did we necro this thread?