Page 59 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This whole Chaffetz thing is "curious" to say the least.

I would lose a lot of respect for Obama if he let the Russians steal the election, that would be a major failure

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I would lose a lot of respect for Obama if he let the Russians steal the election, that would be a major failure
    There were reports that Obama technically knew about what was going on and even stopped Comey from posting a op-ed about it last year. Comey was informed by British intelligence and he wanted to go public with it. Obama stopped him until other intelligence agencies could come to the same conclusion because if the op-ed was done and it turned out to be nothing, there would be a huge political shitstorm.

Other intelligence agencies eventually caught up and the NY branch of the FBI went rogue for a time which is what is sparking this whole thing into the present fiasco.

edit: The interesting thing is that more of the dossier is being proven true each day. Page's meeting about Rosneft was recently proven as true as well in the last few days and was a key piece of the dossier. Eichenwald (the investigative reporter) is also having a ton of his claims being further proven as true as the dossier (which he claimed existed before it went mainstream) has elements verified and things like Sessions and Chaffetz being compromised were claims by him as well last summer and now being "proven."
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-04-20 at 05:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    And back to the front we go. Jason Chaffetz apparently not seeking reelection, may not even finish the end of his current term, and multiple names reporting that the FBI is aware of kompromat on Chaffetz regarding an affair which is prompting his sudden turn.

Note: Chaffetz is the current head of the House Oversight Committee that was admittedly weaponizing the committee for political purposes, was refusing to allow the House to join the Trump-Russia investigation, and is the one who released Comey's confidential letter to the committee to the media to use it against Clinton while suspiciously switching sides to Trump after publicly bashing him.
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/dn...rticle/2620690

Eh, from what I've seen those allegations don't really have legs and it falls more on the conspiracy theory side than anything based in reality.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    This whole Chaffetz thing is "curious" to say the least.
    It really is - now he's resigning? Not even waiting for his term to end? What do they have on him? Did they use it pre-election to get him to release the letter on Clinton?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It really is - now he's resigning? Not even waiting for his term to end? What do they have on him? Did they use it pre-election to get him to release the letter on Clinton?
    Chaffetz is already under enormous pressure anyways. Nunes pulling his crap already turned the House GOP into a laughing stock over the Trump-Russia issue, along with him making a ton of cringe worthy comments that are going to make delicious attack ads in an election.

Chaffetz was unlikely to win reelection and was likely to even be defeated by a Dem who was challenging his spot. So between reelection odds, pressure from the GOP to take a long walk off a short pier over the negative attention he and Nunes have been drawing, and if there is any kompromat on him, his best bet is to vacate asap and lay low.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    And so it begins. Impeachment seems like the very start of this and honestly a breach this massive of national security deserves prison time. Emails have nothing on this. Absolutely nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Can you say "high treason?"
    How has that worked out for you?

lol

Any day now, right?

Deleted
    Why democrats are loosers? Because they ignore reality

Can't even answer a simple question

Over two months later and still no charges. Sad!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    Over two months later and still no charges. Sad!
    You do realize Watergate that took Nixon down took almost 2 years right?

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    And so it begins. Impeachment seems like the very start of this and honestly a breach this massive of national security deserves prison time. Emails have nothing on this. Absolutely nothing.
    did you not fucking read the article? here let me spell it out for you

American law enforcement and intelligence agencies intercepted the communications around the same time they were discovering evidence that Russia was trying to disrupt the presidential election by hacking into the Democratic National Committee, three of the officials said. The intelligence agencies then sought to learn whether the Trump campaign was colluding with the Russians on the hacking or other efforts to influence the election.

The officials interviewed in recent weeks said that, so far, they had seen no evidence of such cooperation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    How has that worked out for you?

lol

Any day now, right?
    I'm sure the FBI investigating Trump's campaign ties to Russia and Flynn begging for immunity are all just one big wacky misunderstanding.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Safol View Post
    Imprison him asap. Along with obama and Hillary.

But the US does not seem to want to punish warmongering psychopaths in their regime.
    and here i thought you weirdos had a hard on for bush, guess that waned.

sweden would be speaking russian right now if not for that warmongering nation, remember that bitch.

sometimes i wish we would ally with russia and watch them run over europe and those smug little bitches get what they deserve... sometimes

must be hard living on a continent with so much rich history and wonder how did we fuck it up so bad?
    Last edited by oxymoronic; 2017-04-20 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'm sure the FBI investigating Trump's campaign ties to Russia and Flynn begging for immunity are all just one big wacky misunderstanding.
    That's not exactly what Comey said. He said they were investigating Russian interference, and as part of that, the Trump campaign. It would be illogical to presume you can do former, without the latter, since Trump was clearly the benefactor of the interference. Even if there was ZERO evidence of collusion (not saying there isn't), the existing investigation not looking for collusion, would be completely illogical. The existence of this part of the investigation isn't exactly a smoking gun in and of itself.

However, you guys make it sound like the key focus is Trump, as if it were an investigation directly in to Trump, and that isn't exactly accurate. Even if they don't find any dirt on Trump or his crew, the investigation will continue until we know the full scope of the Russian interference.

I don't really get what is taking so long though, because it seems like much of this is already in the public domain. We know there were two batches of completely minor emails released. We know there was a laughable fake news campaign on Facebook. We know they can't hack voting machines, or the vote counting. And we know that the sum total of all the things the Russians did, had only a fraction of the impact that the Access Hollywood story did. The delays make you wonder if Jim "political mercenary for hire" Comey is at it again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yeah they had more physical evidence for that too. I don't think anyone that really wants Trump gone realistically thinks it will take less than 2 years.

This post is from February. Still no confirmation of anything or proof of anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do wonder why Chafftez is in such a hurry to get the fuck out though...
    I have to disagree with Bullet on this matter, Republicans don't usually run away from their party's sinking ship like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    This post is from February. Still no confirmation of anything or proof of anything.
    You can keep saying that, but it doesn't make it true. There has been many things confirmed and a lot of Trump's cabinet, transition team, and campaign that have had collusion with Russians last year. Especially this new one that had a secret meeting with Russians in the UAE. That was Betsy Devos's brother and the founder of the mercenary group Blackwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I do wonder why Chafftez is in such a hurry to get the fuck out though...
    I have to disagree with Bullet on this matter, Republicans don't usually run away from their party's sinking ship like this.
    Which lends more plausibility to the kompromat claim circulating. My comment is more Chaffetz is about to get bludgeoned by a hell of a storm if he stays. He's about to get crushed in the next election, is drawing immense negative attention and pressure on and for the House GOP, and then the rumor of kompromat that could ruin him.

If true, his best bet is to get the hell out and lay low. This makes him a lower priority target and leaves on his own accord instead of being buried and turned into a national embarrassment if the blackmail material actually does exist and being threatened to be released.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    These are all desperate attempts to try and comfort themselves that Trump is a genuine American, and didn't con them for their votes.

Nixon began wiretapping watergate 6 years before his resignation. The investigation took a whole 2 years.

In normal criminal court cases, the prosecution has a short amount of time to bring together as much as it can, and while it is ideal to prove guilt beyond a shadow of a doubt, most of the time they only have circumstantial evidence. While verdicts of guilty are supposed to be rendered when it's beyond a shadow of a doubt, many times the jury or judge will hand down a guilty sentence based on circumstantial evidence, which is why we have so many innocent people imprisoned and then later pardonned once the FULL CASE can be investigated properly. Since the court system is so bogged down, that's just how it works.

When it comes to impeachment, rushing a case will mean the case gets thrown out and is dead forever, not bringing it back.

To impeach a president, you need a fully woven tapestry, where each individual string in that tapestry is the entire day of one person pieced together. X Person talked to Russian ambassador at X:XX PM, then later went and talked to Trump. Having recordings of conversations is ideal. Etc.

They could very well have all the proof they need of Trump's guilt, but they have to piece it all together into one slam dunk case. That's what happened with Nixxon. The case was so thoroughly filled with proof, and so well laid out, that Nixxon's own party abandonned him when he looked to them for help. He was irredeemable.

And that's what it's going to take for Trump, a huge case with many actors all woven together in a slam dunk case that he can't wiggle his way out of. Something so irrefutable, that his own party abandons him. And doing so takes years.

Orbitus, you must realize that these people who are saying "LOL IT'S BEEN X MONTHS AND NOTHING YET" are people who put their entire being into Trump. They put all of their belief and trust into him. Finding out he was a con man who accepted aid from Russians to get elected would not only undermine their faith in Trump, it would also destroy their confidence in the electoral process.

So yeah, the Trumpkins are going to deny this as feverishly as they can. If any of them are reading this, if a case comes up in 1-2 years, realize that it's basically the end of Trump. There will be a lot of "This is just a liberal conspiracy!" when that trial does happen, but a case that took so long to put together... he's not getting out of.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    If the Intelligence Community has found evidence and/or proof, they're not just going to scream about it and share it with the media. It's only going to come out much later, most likely in the trial. They could already have everything they need to take him down, and are just weaving it into the tapestry, so there's no loose ends for Trump's army of lawyers to claim circumstantial evidence, or any other excuse to get him off the hook.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"