Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post

And destroyed archimonde forevet. Probably the most significant wvent to date in the history of the game actually
    Which could have only happened on AU Draenor. Gotcha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Detan View Post
    What is that quote in your signature from? I literally cannot stop laughing at it, and my co workers think I'm insane.
    It's from a web-series called "Welcome to Night Vale," a kind of combination radio show and Twilight Zone send-up which has various commercial type segments like the one in my quote. Highly recommended if you like absurdist humor mixed with comedy-horror.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    Which could have only happened on AU Draenor. Gotcha.
    The legion had zero way to return to our azeroth at the present so yes. Au draenor and guldan and his ahadow council was therir way back

The legion had zero way to return to our azeroth at the present so yes. Au draenor and guldan and his ahadow council was therir way back
    Again, in a fiction such as Warcraft there are never "zero ways" to do something. Pulling the "Time Travel" bs in combination with "Multiple Universes" is just silly.
    It was a way to get some old characters back, nothing more.

If they would have wanted someone else to get the Legion to Azeroth, they would have made it so. It was never impossible.

Again, in a fiction such as Warcraft there are never "zero ways" to do something. Pulling the "Time Travel" bs in combination with "Multiple Universes" is just silly.
    It was a way to get some old characters back, nothing more.

If they would have wanted someone else to get the Legion to Azeroth, they would have made it so. It was never impossible.
    And who? There is no one better to use than GulDan and he has played the role flawlessly. I was a magnificent check choice and brought one of the darkest villans in the game back to life and far more dangerous than before.

There was no better choice and there choice was good looking at the overwheelming reception towarda guldan as an antagonist

Lastly for mutliverse they use the infinites which rooted in the games very first expansion. So booohooohooooo warcraft is using prestablished themes. Booohoooohoooo

Wrath of the Lich Queen with Sylviepoo
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm expecting a kind of "Now, in this hush" type of expansion - starting with the denizens of Azeroth cleaning up after the Legion assault, perhaps with the South Seas as the backdrop as the various areas like Kul Tiras and Undermine are accounted for. But I think the ultimate rising action with concern the Old Gods and N'Zoth, likely emboldened by the Legion's (and possible even Sargeras') defeat on Argus. I foresee the Void Lords somehow reaching into the physical universe to empower N'Zoth further as their chosen herald, and N'Zoth proceeding to further the corruption of Azeroth's world-soul at a breakneck pace. As Azeroth itself succumbs to the parasitic infection of the Void we could see Old God growths and invasions across its surface. Finally the expansion will bring us to the final citadel of the Old Gods, the city of Ny'alotha, for an epic showdown with N'Zoth and perhaps giving us our first up-close look at the Void Lords themselves.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    A expansion based on Naga, N'zoth and Azshara would've been awesome and include a patch content where we raid the Plunder Isle pirates.

And who? There is no one better to use than GulDan and he has played the role flawlessly. I was a magnificent check choice and brought one of the darkest villans in the game back to life and far more dangerous than before.

There was no better choice and there choice was good looking at the overwheelming reception towarda guldan as an antagonist

Lastly for mutliverse they use the infinites which rooted in the games very first expansion. So booohooohooooo warcraft is using prestablished themes. Booohoooohoooo
    Literally any Warlock would be possible.
    Heck, they could finally start to write some NEW decent characters.

But no, they rather travel BACK IN TIME to a completetly DIFFERENT universe to get a character back, that was dead before the timeline of World of Warcraft even started. Yeah, no, that's some fucking great writing right there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally any Warlock would be possible.
    Heck, they could finally start to write some NEW decent characters.

But no, they rather travel BACK IN TIME to a completetly DIFFERENT universe to get a character back, that was dead before the timeline of World of Warcraft even started. Yeah, no, that's some fucking great writing right there.
    Bringing a new character in to bring the Legion back in wouldn't be as interesting as someone as Gul'dan doing what he did.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Bringing a new character in to bring the Legion back in wouldn't be as interesting as someone as Gul'dan doing what he did.
    Garrosh was a completely new character. And he was interesting af. They way he was written was a rolloercoaster sometimes, but he remains a prove that Blizz is able to creater new characters which are able to make an impact on the world.

There is no need to revive someone through several dimensions to achieve that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh was a completely new character. And he was interesting af. They way he was written was a rolloercoaster sometimes, but he remains a prove that Blizz is able to creater new characters which are able to make an impact on the world.

There is no need to revive someone through several dimensions to achieve that.
    Yeah and he brought us to WoD which in turn brought Legion to us, I see no isssue really other then bitter WoD hate.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah and he brought us to WoD which in turn brought Legion to us, I see no isssue really other then bitter WoD hate.
    Then you might need to read my last posts again.
    The issue is Gul'dan being an unnessesary plot device.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    If someone had to exploit the Tomb of Sargeras as a Legion gateway than Gul'dan was the only character worthy to do that, given his history. A random character doing that would have felt more like an accident and a pulled-out-of-nowhere excuse to bring the Legion back. At least, in this case, you can say that the chain of events was very long, starting from MoP and ending up with the events of Legion. It felt like an unfortunate number of connected events brought to such a dire situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    If someone had to exploit the Tomb of Sargeras as a Legion gateway than Gul'dan was the only character worthy to do that, given his history. A random character doing that would have felt more like an accident and pulled-out-of-nowhere excuse to bring the Legion back. At least, in this case, you can say that the chain of events was very long, starting from MoP and ending up with the events of Legion.
    Yeah, true. I never said that Gul'dan doesn't work as the opener for the Legion. I just think the way he was brought back is stupid.
    This way it just felt silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Yeah, true. I never said that Gul'dan doesn't work as the opener for the Legion. I just think the way he was brought back is stupid.
    This way it just felt silly.
    It's somewhat funny how Blizzard is usually shameless when it comes to abuse random resurrections as mean to bring characters back, yet in this case they had to follow a way more convulted path to ultimately reach the exact same destination.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

It's somewhat funny how Blizzard is usually shameless when it comes to abuse random resurrections as mean to bring characters back, yet in this case they had to follow a way more convulted path to ultimately reach the exact same destination.
    I'm not a big fan of random resurrections either. So I'd take a new character over a (dead) established one, anyday.

Deleted
    They could've maybe just make Gul'dan roam the world as a ghost/spirit like almost any character. Gul'ghost or Ghost'dan his name.
    Alternativly they could've done the illidanthing of saying: "he is so much felinfused, he is pratically a demon => revives"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a big fan of random resurrections either. So I'd take a new character over a (dead) established one, anyday.
    I'm not either, but if they wanted Gul'dan back then it's hard to conclude which of the options was actually the worst. Moreover, Gul'dan was never too much fleshed out in WoW and the same could be said about the Warlords in general. I stick to the belief that WoD had tons of potential but got squandered in a pretty atrocious way.

I'm not either, but if they wanted Gul'dan back then it's hard to conclude which of the options was actually the worst. Moreover, Gul'dan was never too much fleshed out in WoW and the same could be said about the Warlords in general. I stick to the belief that WoD had tons of potential but got squandered in a pretty atrocious way.
    They fleahed out who they needed to blackhand and guldan. The major antagonists of the pre warcraft 3