[Speculation] Damned dead belongs to the Void

Right, it's pure speculations from my part, but here's the gem from Edge of Night short story, featuring Sylvanas after she killed herself at ICC

Spoiler: 
    Her whole life seemed not a series of events but a single instant, a pinpoint flash of consciousness in an infinite void.

She saw only darkness.

And then she felt—truly felt, for the first time in a long while. She recoiled. In agony.

Here she was, her spirit once again feeling whole, only to feel it suffer. To feel once more, only to feel abject pain. Cold. Hopelessness.

Fear.

There were others in the darkness. Things she didn't recognize, because nothing so terrible could exist in the world of the living. Claws tore at her, but she had no mouth with which to scream. Eyes looked at her, but she couldn't look back.

We have seen worshiper of light going to some light paradise (Assuming they didn't get corrupted when they die ala Frostmourne), like Crusader Bridenbrad joins the light in a paradise afterlife. And Maarad's "In the light, we are one." Even Uther's spirit lingers on after being freed from Frostmourne, guiding us to Broken Shore so Paladin can claim their shiny Ashbringer.

So if the light-worshiper goes to some shiny paradise, shouldn't there be a nastier place for the damned dead to go? Like the Warcraft equivalent of Hell?

Hence my speculation

The bolded part of the spoiler is, My guess? Void Lords, or ghost of the dead Old Gods. They torture and control the spirit of the damned dead, such as Forsaken, all the Undead in Northrend.

Which is why Uther's Ghost told us there must always be a Lich King, orelse Azeroth is screwed.

The Lich King is usurping the control of Undead from the Old Gods/Void Lord. Without him, the Void Lord will have uncontested control over the damned, and indeed, Azeroth will be rather screwed.

Alright, now I've let this out of my system, I feel so much better! Time to get to work!

7+ Year Old Account
    Shadowlands say hi

Formerly known as Arafal

So...

what happened before there was a Lich King?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    So...

There must always be a Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    So...

The number of undead in azeroth was minimal (pretty much nonexistent as far as we know before orc DKs)

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    The number of undead in azeroth was minimal (pretty much nonexistent as far as we know before orc DKs)
    The legion created undead in the war of the ancients
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

That whole segment of Edge of Night is sketchy. I'm still not sure if Sylvanas really ended up in that place, or if the Val'kyr sent her there in order to convince her. The whole thing felt off, and I'm still hoping there will be some pay off to it eventually.

Personally, I wouldn't let the Lich King off the hook either. The whole "who's really in charge" thing was inconsistent, and now Bolvar continues the trend by acting extremely out of character for Bolvar. The whole thing would make a lot more sense if the "Lich King" itself was a separate Void persona. Kil'jaeden may have created the Lich King, but the Nathrezim created the artifacts that hold his power, and the Nathrezim have been known to consort with the Void.

(The Lich King may be refusing to help because either Bolvar is spending his effort preventing the Void persona from overrunning us, or the Void persona wants us to weaken ourselves against the Legion so we're easier picking once we've won.)
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-02-17 at 09:22 PM.

Yes...I theorize that the damned fire revenants deserve to go to the Firelands. To me, the Firelands represent fiery death - hellish planes of destruction. I definitely would rather go to the Shadowlands than be trapped for eternity within the hot confines of the Firelands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    There must always be a Lich King.
    Joke aside, it would be cool if we found out that Ner'zul wasn't the first Lich King. Like it was a special weapon Kil'Jaedin only brought out on special occasions, or there are other planets where the Legion used another Lich King to conquer it.

- - - Updated - - -

Or if the Lich King was some sort of Deity defeated by the Burning Legion and bound to the armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I like that last one a lot. I'm going to do some reading and theorizing at work, be back with the full theory later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The legion created undead in the war of the ancients
    Did any of those "survived" the war of the ancients?

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    I doubt it, to be honest. The undead during that time were raised by hand by the nathrezim. I don't think they managed to create a whole plague situation which spreads like fire across a continent.
    So the actual number would be kinda small, even if some of them "survived".

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    No clue we will never know what happened to random nelf banshee #348
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Joke aside, it would be cool if we found out that Ner'zul wasn't the first Lich King. Like it was a special weapon Kil'Jaedin only brought out on special occasions, or there are other planets where the Legion used another Lich King to conquer it.
    I would get nerdgasm from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    Perhaps the Shadowlands is more "easily accessible" for beings from the Void to influence and interact with. Shadowlands is some sort of limbo, no? There are denizens there that like to enslave souls like in first DK quests.