Thread: Season 4

Season 4

Does season 4 start today? I Can't seem to find an official answer. If so, what are the changes? Does new hero get introduced?

Ps: if it starts today I am not buying horizon zero dawn

7+ Year Old Account
    midnight UK time.

- - - Updated - - -

If so, what are the changes?
    https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20529203

scroll down.

- - - Updated - - -

Does new hero get introduced?
    no.
    new heroes and other content (except event brawls) will always go first onto the ptr.
    we wont get anything on the ptr this week because blizz will have to focus on the upcoming big patch on live.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by High Priest Arafal View Post
    midnight UK time.

- - - Updated - - -

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20529203

scroll down.

- - - Updated - - -

no.
    new heroes and other content (except event brawls) will always go first onto the ptr.
    we wont get anything on the ptr this week because blizz will have to focus on the upcoming big patch on live.
    Thank you!

Deleted
    I cant wait!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frothington View Post
    I cant wait!
    they sent out the patch earlier than usual, season 4 starts in 2 hours.

Formerly known as Arafal

so howd everyone do in their placement matches? i won 4 games, averaged 20k heals per match as mercy and lucio, mostly mercy(went as high as 30k healing on acouple matches) and only got put into 2200. about the same(2300) as my rank last season that i didnt really play outside of a few matches after the placement. i feel like i should have been much higher this time around :/
    Last edited by kaamila; 2017-03-02 at 02:54 AM.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

I am disappointed as well. Finished at 2200 with 7-3 win/loose ratio.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Useful View Post
    I am disappointed as well. Finished at 2200 with 7-3 win/loose ratio.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    so howd everyone do in their placement matches? i won 4 games, averaged 20k heals per match as mercy and lucio, mostly mercy(went as high as 30k healing on acouple matches) and only got put into 2200. about the same(2300) as my rank last season that i didnt really play outside of a few matches after the placement. i feel like i should have been much higher this time around :/
    Breaking news: The system puts you to around the same rank (usually a bit lower) you finished previous season with. That's how it was in S3 and that s how it also is in S4. If you finished last season with 2300, you won't be placed to 3000 in S4 for having 20k heals per match.

The amount of people believing that 10 wins will put them at 5k rating is astonishing

Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Breaking news: The system puts you to around the same rank (usually a bit lower) you finished previous season with. That's how it was in S3 and that s how it also is in S4. If you finished last season with 2300, you won't be placed to 3000 in S4 for having 20k heals per match.
    ya i got that now. last season was the first season of comp i played since i bought the game late december so i didnt know how past seasons worked. but if thats the case, whats the point of placement matches aside from new players like i was last season. why not just put everyone in the same ranking as they were the previous season and let them go from there since it doesnt make any difference.

from what i read the placement matches take more into account how you personally played unlike in comp where its based on if u win or lose. so winning 10 games in placement doesnt mean youll get 5k rating, but having 20k averaged heals in 10 placement matches should have meant that person played extremely well. if playing extremely well puts me in the same rating as the previous season, then does just afking thru the placement matches do the same or slightly below it?
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

7+ Year Old Account
    4 wins, 4 losses, 2 draws.
    had some of my worst matches since the start of the game, but at least got out with 2456 SR.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    ya i got that now. last season was the first season of comp i played since i bought the game late december so i didnt know how past seasons worked. but if thats the case, whats the point of placement matches aside from new players like i was last season. why not just put everyone in the same ranking as they were the previous season and let them go from there since it doesnt make any difference.

from what i read the placement matches take more into account how you personally played unlike in comp where its based on if u win or lose. so winning 10 games in placement doesnt mean youll get 5k rating, but having 20k averaged heals in 10 placement matches should have meant that person played extremely well. if playing extremely well puts me in the same rating as the previous season, then does just afking thru the placement matches do the same or slightly below it?
    Yea, that's what me and my mates have been wondering too. Currently the placement matches feel absolutely worthless.