Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    So you are saying that oppression of property owners for sake of minorities is a good thing? Its their property,it should be their choice. Law is clearly wrong.
    You have a right to hold particular personal opinions. You do not have a right to act on them without any oversight, especially in business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

So you are saying that oppression of property owners for sake of minorities is a good thing? Its their property,it should be their choice. Law is clearly wrong.
    That law has been law since the 14th amendment was passed. You CANNOT discriminate based on age, sex, religion, or RACE. If you don't know that, then maybe you should go back to fucking high school where I learned this shit in GOVERNMENT CLASS. You clearly have no fucking clue what you are talking about. I am glad you aren't a fucking lawyer, because you would literally lose every fucking case you try to do.

Deleted
    Trump is total clownshoes and his admin a dumpster fire.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Wait, so you think that making alliance's with russia is a bad thing? Lul?
    Alliance you say??

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    That law has been law since the 14th amendment was passed. You CANNOT discriminate based on age, sex, religion, or RACE. If you don't know that, then maybe you should go back to fucking high school where I learned this shit in GOVERNMENT CLASS. You clearly have no fucking clue what you are talking about. I am glad you aren't a fucking lawyer, because you would literally lose every fucking case you try to do.
    Doesnt change a damn thing about the fact that this anti oppression law oppresses people.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    How would one get experience in first place?
    You work your way up. First you shuffle fries and one day you may become a manager.

10+ Year Old Account
    But will is all that you need.
    No, it isn't.

You guys are pure example of what I am seeing everyday. You do not give anyone chance, you expect everyone knows everything upfront and if it doesn't, well sorry m8 you are just not worth a shit. You talk about experience and do you think every president was already president so they have experience about being president before they become president? People like you are making my life a living hell. Of course I will encourage everything opposite of that because everything opposite of that, is already better than that.
    You're right, we're such terrible people for desiring that government officials demonstrate a degree of competence in their given field.

While there is no such thing as 'Presidential experience' for obvious reasons, that does not mean there aren't litmus tests of political and administrative ability carried out in other government offices such as, for instance, being Governor of a state, or a higher ranking public servant.

At the very least, they need to demonstrate competence in their background - Trump hasn't, given his business history.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    You got that back to front - liberals generally didn't vote this crazy despot in.
    I meant that as agreeing with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Sorry libcucks, 8 more years! And by the time he's done, you commies will be publicly executed like the vermin you are

Surprise, surprise... What's this? Another echo chamber on MMO-C? This thread was posted today and it's already up to 11-12 pages, much like any of the other ten (or so) anti-Trump threads posted on any given day here.

At a certain point don't you guys become self-aware and start to feel a bit self-indulgent? Have you guys ever thought to brave these discussions to an actual political forum, rather than, you know... a website about MMORPGs?

inb4 "it's muh general forums!" and "just becuz i post here doesn't mean i don't post elsewhere about politics too!" and "typical conservative/independent/libertarian proudly soapboxing his moral highground!"

Uh-huh yeah, great. Keep doing what you're doing, fellas. It's truly constructive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnyderp View Post
    Sorry libcucks, 8 more years! And by the time he's done, you commies will be publicly executed like the vermin you are
    Really doesn't lend credence to the notion that Trump and his supporters aren't fascists, just fyi.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanActual View Post
    Surprise, surprise... What's this? Another echo chamber on MMO-C? This thread was posted today and it's already up to 11-12 pages, much like any of the other ten (or so) anti-Trump threads posted on any given day here.

At a certain point don't you guys become self-aware and start to feel a bit self-indulgent? Have you guys ever thought to brave these discussions to an actual political forum, rather than, you know... a website about MMORPGs?

inb4 "it's muh general forums!" and "just becuz i post here doesn't mean i don't post elsewhere about politics too!" and "typical conservative/independent/libertarian proudly soapboxing his moral highground!"

Uh-huh yeah, great. Keep doing what you're doing, fellas. It's truly constructive.
    "I have nothing relevant or interesting to say, therefore I will complain about the fact discussion is taking place at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Really doesn't lend credence to the notion that Trump and his supporters aren't fascists, just fyi.

- - - Updated - - -

"I have nothing relevant or interesting to say, therefore I will complain about the fact discussion is taking place at all."
    "I have nothing relevant or interesting to say, therefore I will complain about someone who has pointed out that I'm in an echo chamber with nothing interesting or relevant to say."

10+ Year Old Account
    So being president is all about politics because there is not possibly any other way which means, everything is a lie. Thank you Edward Snowden for your existance.
    It's not all about it, but it is one of the core parts of it. Programming isn't just about programming languages, it is also about math, physics, engineering, ability to work consistently and late hours, ability to communicate with other programmers, etc... But if you don't know any programming languages, the best you can hope for in a software development company is cleaning services. And if you also sound like a dumbass, speaking on the level a 10 y/o would be ashamed of speaking - then you won't even be invited on an interview, you will be rejected on the phone.

But, of course, the most influential job in the world should have lower standards! How you guys bought this Trump's nonsense is beyond me. On any other job outsider = bye-bye, but for POTUS it suddenly is an advantage...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Many of them -are- facists. This one at least is honest about it.

Doesnt change a damn thing about the fact that this anti oppression law oppresses people.
    Yeah, it kinda does.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It's not all about it, but it is one of the core parts of it. Programming isn't just about programming languages, it is also about math, physics, engineering, ability to work consistently and late hours, ability to communicate with other programmers, etc... But if you don't know any programming languages, the best you can hope for in a software development company is cleaning services. And if you also sound like a dumbass, speaking on the level a 10 y/o would be ashamed of speaking - then you won't even be invited on an interview, you will be rejected on the phone.

But, of course, the most influential job in the world should have lower standards! How you guys bought this Trump's nonsense is beyond me. On any other job outsider = bye-bye, but for POTUS it suddenly is an advantage...
    The problem is that programming is an actual career, and politics is not. As a programmer you provide a service and people hire you for that service, and hopefully people continue to hire you for that service provided you are an efficient programmer.

Politics do not function in the same way. Why? Because most goods or services are provided with the stipulation that if you (the customer) are not satisfied with the vendor, then you may spend your currency on a more competent vendor.

The "job" (or rather "role") of the politician is to make themselves (in theory) obsolete. If a politician performs their role adequately then their role is no longer required. A politician is meant to fix social or economic issues. A politician is not meant to sell you a product or service, and therefore their role is finite. One can certainly justify that certain government agencies maintain pre-existing social or economic government limitations (which are perhaps implemented by politicians), but that is NOT the role of the politician.

My point is that if a politician is attempting to make a career out of politics (something that is not meant to be a career), then it is in their best interest to make themselves appear as necessary to us as possible.

Think about it from the politician's perspective: If the existence of your "career" depended on the taxes collected from the average citizen, wouldn't you do your best to ensure those citizens didn't question where their taxes were going?
    Last edited by SandmanActual; 2017-02-17 at 10:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that programming is an actual career, and politics is not. As a programmer you provide a service and people hire you for that service, and hopefully people continue to hire you for that service provided you are an efficient programmer.

Politics do not function in the same way. Why? Because most goods or services are provided with the stipulation that if the customer is not satisfied with the vendor, that the customer can spend their currency elsewhere.

The "job" (or rather "role") of the politician is to make themselves (in theory) obsolete. If a politician performs their role adequately then their role is no longer required. A politician is meant to fix social or economic issues. A politician is not meant to sell you a product or service, and therefore their role is finite. One can certainly justify that certain government agencies provide you the service of maintaining pre-existing social or economic limitations (which may have been implemented by politicians), but that is NOT the role of the politician.

My point is that if a politician is attempting to make a career out of politics (something that is not meant to be a career), then it is in their best interest to make themselves seem as necessary to us as possible.
    I look at it simply as a job interview. A presidential candidate, or a party participating in the parliamentary election, tries to get us to hire it. We are the interviewer, the employer.

What is the very first thing an employer seeks in the candidate? Expertise, which is derived from education, knowledge, experience. What if the candidate lacks all 3? Are we going to blindly hire him/her, hoping that they are better than they look? What if on the interview they also speak incoherently, lie endlessly, demonstrate a complete ignorance about pretty much everything outside their narrow business field not directly related to the job?

There is no reason to pick this person out of dozens applicants with a much stronger background and with every single character trait related to the field superior. It is another matter that career politicians master the art of selling their services to us; but, at least, they have services to sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

You should read up on what an echo-chamber actually is. And maybe read some of the comments here. Then, you would realize that this is not an echo-chamber, but a discussion. While I do agree that there is little chance for anything fruitful to come from this, or even a single person here being convinced of something they do not already agree one, that does not make it an echo-chamber.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

- Being such a reprehensible piece of garbage that he alone paints the entire nation in a terrible light for the rest of the world... That should make one unfit to be President.
    America did that all by itself when the country voted him into office.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    I look at it simply as a job interview. A presidential candidate, or a party participating in the parliamentary election, tries to get us to hire it. We are the interviewer, the employer.

What is the very first thing an employer seeks in the candidate? Expertise, which is derived from education, knowledge, experience. What if the candidate lacks all 3? Are we going to blindly hire him/her, hoping that they are better than they look? What if on the interview they also speak incoherently, lie endlessly, demonstrate a complete ignorance about pretty much everything outside their narrow business field not directly related to the job?

There is no reason to pick this person out of dozens applicants with a much stronger background and with every single character trait related to the field superior. It is another matter that career politicians master the art of selling their services to us; but, at least, they have services to sell.
    You are, without a doubt, one of the few people here on MMO-C who have shown a willingness to have an honest discussion, and I applaud you for that. With that being said: If we are, in fact, the people conducting the "job interview" then we must (first and foremost) admit to ourselves that this was the worst selection of résumés ever seen.

Starting from the top; we had Bernie Sanders who, for all his faults, was trying to win the hearts and minds of the people. Unfortunately once the primaries came closer, Bernie was betrayed by his own people through the DNC. What's worse is that he went on to endorse the very people who betrayed him once he lost!

Moving forward we have: Hillary Clinton. To discredit HRC all you have to do is spend twenty minutes browsing through http://www.mostdamagingwikileaks.com/

This is a woman who openly participated in unethically colluding with the DNC against Bernie Sanders, a woman who stole hundreds of millions of dollars in charity, a woman who openly accepted campaign funds from countries that she knew supported ISIS.

Then we have Donald Trump, a "reality TV celebrity" who was caught on audio saying "grab her by the pussy".

And so when you're presented with all these "choices" it's actually quite tough to make an educated decision. It feels less like a "job interview" and more like a "let's get this the fuck over with" sort of event.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    You should read up on what an echo-chamber actually is. And maybe read some of the comments here. Then, you would realize that this is not an echo-chamber, but a discussion. While I do agree that there is little chance for anything fruitful to come from this, or even a single person here being convinced of something they do not already agree one, that does not make it an echo-chamber.
    70% of the comments are just people jeering each other on and nodding in agreeance, as are most of the threads here on MMO-C.

It's no big secret that MMO-C has become a breeding ground for progressive "re-education". As someone who identifies as an anarchist, who holds no political affiliation, I have very little room to voice my opinion here on these forums. I'm often treated as the average bible-thumping Republican.
    Last edited by SandmanActual; 2017-02-17 at 11:19 AM.

After watching his last press conference I can safely say on top of everything else he really is a whiny little bitch.

Does anyone else remember during the primaries how it was him who started this war with the media. He said a bunch of horrible things back then and I remember thinking, 'wow going after the media for no reason, probably not a good idea.' Now he complains and bitches constantly about them picking on him. What a joke.