Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Can vegans eat fungi?

Im confused about the definition of vegan. Is it they cannot eat meat or must they only eat plants? Can they eat fungi or a nice flagellate stew?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

It probably depends on if that fungi has consumed any animals. There's probably a fungi that has only consumed plants, right?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Fungi are not classified as animals bro.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing sentient basically

7+ Year Old Account
    Well they shouldn't eat anything since its all alive, true believers only eat fruit dropped from trees at the natural time, aka Fruitarian

otherwise you're a dirty murderer

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Since they grow from animal feces they are technically animal products.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Probably varies by vegan, but I gather it's nothing that harms animals. Funghi aren't animals or plants, they're something else, so I assume they're fine. It's not that they won't eat anything living, as that would obviously include plants.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    It probably depends on if that fungi has consumed any animals. There's probably a fungi that has only consumed plants, right?
    Soil is made from animal suffering! By eating plants, vegans promote animal cruelty.

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Since they grow from animal feces they are technically animal products.
    Fungi don't have to, and plants def can.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    I can't take anyone but Frugivores serious. Everyone else is just going half the way for their own entertainment and to stroke their own ego.

10+ Year Old Account
    They cast a shadow so no.

As long as it doesn't scream when you kill it it is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Probably varies by vegan, but I gather it's nothing that harms animals. Funghi aren't animals or plants, they're something else, so I assume they're fine. It's not that they won't eat anything living, as that would obviously include plants.
    Rocks. I can only think of a few edible rocks. It wouldn't be a very good diet though...

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. In fact, the only non-supplemental way to get adequate B12 in a vegan diet is via rare fungi. Moreover, nutritional yeast has long been seen as a vegan staple.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Yes. In fact, the only non-supplemental way to get adequate B12 in a vegan diet is via rare fungi. Moreover, nutritional yeast has long been seen as a vegan staple.
    I wonder what the closest common ancestor between brewer's yeast and humans? Whatever it is, I want to congratulate it.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Im confused about the definition of vegan. Is it they cannot eat meat or must they only eat plants? Can they eat fungi or a nice flagellate stew?
    The real question is, do Vegan mothers breast feed.

Deleted
    Yes they can, though some don't want to. Fungi are not sentient. Some vegans also eat bivalves, they're not plants but they aren't sentient either. Though that seems to be a gray area and enough vegans will crucify you for it.
    Last edited by mmoc0f15686ca4; 2017-02-14 at 08:17 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They certainly can, but they must not.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    The real question is, do Vegan mothers breast feed.
    Most vegans see human breast milk as natural and "healthy" for small children. They see cow milk as inherently unhealthy as it is not 'meant for human consumption'.

Source: live with a vegan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    plants and fungi are living entities.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.