Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epicon View Post
    And yet here you are on forums with plenty of great guides.
    Why would I make guides? What does that have to do with anything I had to say..

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to think that Noxxic has been taken over by college students performing social experiments. They post up horrible advice, then make sure they're a top google result for anything that someone might use to search for class info. Then, after a couple years, they shock everyone with this huge article on data collected in low level PVE content. Sort of like that "You eat 4 spiders a year" experiment.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    I like to think that Noxxic has been taken over by college students performing social experiments. They post up horrible advice, then make sure they're a top google result for anything that someone might use to search for class info. Then, after a couple years, they shock everyone with this huge article on data collected in low level PVE content. Sort of like that "You eat 4 spiders a year" experiment.
    You're partly correct. Replace "college students" with "middle aged guys with a fuck ton of venture capital" and remove any inclination of a social experiment since really the only thing they give a shit about is website click-throughs and ad revenue.

Icy Veins is pretty much satire too at this point. Have you seen their Arcane guide?

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Icy Veins is pretty much satire too at this point. Have you seen their Arcane guide?

Lol.
    Atleast on Icy-veins u know who to contact about it.
    "Last updated on Jan 21, 2017 at 00:41 by Furty"

Also comment section where you can give input about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    I miss EJ so much
    while EJ had some good parts, it was mostly useless, ironically elitist, math graphs that barely anyone, if anyone, used to any extent. had they not focused so much on being "hard to pick up and hard to master" type of site, they'd live a better life.

Yeah, yeah, you know your stuff. Others don't. You good. Them bad. Where's the banana?

Deleted
    oh lookk another "lets bash noxxic"-thread - thos is so 2014.....

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Icy Veins states that you should use WB when you can sustain the AOE on multiple targets. That is accurate. Saying you should just take it over Avatar is not.

And Icy Veins doesn't say you use Whirlwind as a rage dump either, because Fury's Whirlwind is free to cast and costs no Rage. Arms's Whirlwind costs Rage, they got them mixed up. The information is just straight up inaccurate.

And the above information isn't exactly too much for a new player to understand. Noxxic is just wrong here. At least the stat priority is fine, but I wouldn't recommend the website even to a new player.
    From Icy-Veins "Fury Warrior DPS Easy Mode"

The talents listed below are selected predominantly for ease of use and to mitigate more complex decisions when it comes to resource management. Whilst in a number of cases there are alternatives on the tree that will provide more if played well if selected at the right time in a given situation, they can cause a large performance drop if taken at the wrong time; so this should be taken as an introduction to Fury to get a grasp of the specialization.

Level 15: Endless Rage
    Level 30: Double Time
    Level 45: Wrecking Ball
    Level 60: Warpaint
    Level 75: Frothing Berserker
    Level 90: Inner Rage
    Level 100: Reckless Abandon

Fair enough on the whirlwind thing. Didnt know about whirlwind as I dont tend to play Fury and stick to arms (which is in a similar boat). However it does suggest to use Whirlwind on Singletarget because it suggest Wrecking Ball for new players/new to spec.

And I'm pointing out the easy mode page for a reason as thats what most novice players will look at. They wont take the time to check out details or go further in depth on their class. Again, not defending Noxxic, I looked at their stuff for a few of my classes and got a good laugh at them too. Just more so defending that there is a "basic" playstyle/build for some classes to produce "competitive" numbers for those people who's pinnacle of content is LFR/Heroics and the odd Mythic.