Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    With 60 hour work week I think WoW should not even be on your plate.
    You can do mythic+ and other non-raid content on a 65h work week (i.e. I work 33xxh/y). Raids are the only hard thing to schedule because they take a lot of hours and usually on workin hours (at least for me)

Honestly, if it takes you a week to hit 110 it will probably take you a month to get close to 875 to be geared enough to do normal nh. If you're in a guild that is active you might explain the situation to them and see if you can be carried. Otherwise expect a lot of denied raid ques.

If it's a issue of class balance, just wait. By the time you've rerolled your original toon might be bis.

Once you become a grown up you learn how to budget your time. I work 2-1230 monday through friday and then 6a-230p on saturdays and have plenty of time to raid and gear up an alt or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    your all doing this wrong...
    For starters Buy your crafted 865 obilterating upgrading gear or make it.
    2nd if you have a legendary you will be way higher item lvl then 865
    3rd Upgrade your weapons item lvl by adding in the relics runes or what ever you call em
    At the least you should be 870-873 by this time.
    This amount of time takes less then a day.

No offense if you missed this, but I've already did everything you mentioned. You must have overlooked what I said....

* Current Ilvl is 876 as of last night (day 6.) I was 867 on the 4th day before the legendary; maybe you read it backwards.

* I started off with crafting gear, using Obliterum when I had enough Blood of Sargeras (incase you forgot, you need 2 per Obliterum to upgrade, meaning a piece of 865 gear uses 20 Blood of Sargeras per piece of 865 gear. At 11 pieces of crafted gear that I had started with, that would mean I'd need 220 Blood of Sargeras for just those pieces. Without the shoulder enchant (which requires Revered) that would take waaaay more than 24 hours to gather that amount of Blood. I still need about 30-40 blood to min/max my gear as it stands.

*Been doing plenty of Mythic+'s, but it's time consuming getting into higher level groups.

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm just relaying my path and that you can still "raid" after rerolling. I'm not sure how I'm "doing this wrong." I'm not attempting some sort of speed record here, just thought my progress was decent for 6 days with a life, and no group/guild to piggyback off of. Some mentioned high requirements of high level Mythic progression guilds, but if you're alright with raiding at the trajectory that you're on, I don't see the issue. If you're spoiled with your main and want the same progress, you might have to backtrack a bit, as I can understand the artifact requirements of some Mythic guilds pushing progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Effenz View Post
    Yeah but those guilds wouldnt have looked at fresh rerolls in any expansion prior so...
    That's untrue, my guild has always been a mythic/heroic guild. We've always been top 500. We often took what's called "Projects" and geared them up if they had decent prior experience or just wanted to swap classes and their current guild said no and gave them a chance to prove themselves. Many guilds do this all the time.

Reroll. It is actually very easy to catch up(by playing casually, you can easily reach like 860 in 1 week). On your artifact you really only need 35 traits. Anything beyond that is just a small DPS increase and I wouldn't worry too much about legendaries. They are in most cases just a small DPS increase overall or are very very situational.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Reroll. It is actually very easy to catch up(by playing casually, you can easily reach like 860 in 1 week). On your artifact you really only need 35 traits. Anything beyond that is just a small DPS increase and I wouldn't worry too much about legendaries. They are in most cases just a small DPS increase overall or are very very situational.
    15% at 54 traits is not a small DPS increase (or healing or survavility)... for raiding heroic in a not hardcore guild you'll probably have no problems but you'll fall too far behind on dmg/healing/surv to go into mythic (if other people are playing their mains obviously). People with 54 traits will outdps/outheal you easily unless they are derps and are benched because they stand on fire and you don't.

What I mean is: under the same circunstances and playing exactly the same way you'll have 15% less output that any other player with 54 traits and that is a lot. You can slowly catch up but you'll need countless hours grinding.

Think about this:

- first week you get to 110
    - second week you get the third relic and gear from dungeons/heroics and if you're lucky or spend some gold and meet the requirements LFR (and probably your first legendary drop doing emmisary's)
    - third or fourth week you get to artifact knowledge level 25 (from 20) (and farming of order resources needed to get class hall upgrades/research)
    - around fourth weeks you'll be able to equip the second legendary (due to research) and around two months to get your second legendary to drop (rng is rng)
    - during those weeks is just a matter of playing the game and gearing getting on mythics/normals/heroics (which is hard as dps without friends because there are plenty of 880+ ilvls ppl queueing)

After all that you'll forever be gimped with less traits on your weapon than everybody else and there's always the chance that your legendaries are garbage. I raid mythic and rerolled from MM with 35 traits to BM and everyone I play with got to 54 a month before me and it really shows on the metters, the only reason I was not benched was perfect attendance and following raid mechanics while doing good dps on movement heavy fights.

I just can't imagine rerolling to a whole different toon and catching up to do mythic raiding... heroic is probably manageable if you're good enough.
    Last edited by Prfct; 2017-02-17 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    That's untrue, my guild has always been a mythic/heroic guild. We've always been top 500. We often took what's called "Projects" and geared them up if they had decent prior experience or just wanted to swap classes and their current guild said no and gave them a chance to prove themselves. Many guilds do this all the time.
    Exception, rather than norm more than anything. Having a hard time seeing it happening during progression too (assuming a full roster) but ofc ymmv

Exception, rather than norm more than anything. Having a hard time seeing it happening during progression too (assuming a full roster) but ofc ymmv
    There were plenty of guilds in the past that did projects. It wasn't an exception. Projects were the norm, if a good player with references from past top guilds came back after 2 expansions of not playing top guilds snatched them up. This was the case until this expansion. If a player came back to the game and could prove, say they were in Premonition and doing core progression raiding with Premo in Cata, a guild like Midwinter would have snatched them up and geared them up as a Project for raiding in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Prfct View Post
    15% at 54 traits is not a small DPS increase (or healing or survavility)... for raiding heroic in a not hardcore guild you'll probably have no problems but you'll fall too far behind on dmg/healing/surv to go into mythic (if other people are playing their mains obviously). People with 54 traits will outdps/outheal you easily unless they are derps and are benched because they stand on fire and you don't.

What I mean is: under the same circunstances and playing exactly the same way you'll have 15% less output that any other player with 54 traits and that is a lot. You can slowly catch up but you'll need countless hours grinding.

Think about this:

- first week you get to 110
    - second week you get the third relic and gear from dungeons/heroics and if you're lucky or spend some gold and meet the requirements LFR (and probably your first legendary drop doing emmisary's)
    - third or fourth week you get to artifact knowledge level 25 (from 20) (and farming of order resources needed to get class hall upgrades/research)
    - around fourth weeks you'll be able to equip the second legendary (due to research) and around two months to get your second legendary to drop (rng is rng)
    - during those weeks is just a matter of playing the game and gearing getting on mythics/normals/heroics (which is hard as dps without friends because there are plenty of 880+ ilvls ppl queueing)

After all that you'll forever be gimped with less traits on your weapon than everybody else and there's always the chance that your legendaries are garbage. I raid mythic and rerolled from MM with 35 traits to BM and everyone I play with got to 54 a month before me and it really shows on the metters, the only reason I was not benched was perfect attendance and following raid mechanics while doing good dps on movement heavy fights.

I just can't imagine rerolling to a whole different toon and catching up to do mythic raiding... heroic is probably manageable if you're good enough.
    Isn't it only 10% though, because at 35 you already get 5%?

I took into consideration, as OP previously said, that he would be only doing heroic(and eventually go into mythic), but yeah you are completely right if we are talking about mythic progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    There were plenty of guilds in the past that did projects. It wasn't an exception. Projects were the norm, if a good player with references from past top guilds came back after 2 expansions of not playing top guilds snatched them up. This was the case until this expansion. If a player came back to the game and could prove, say they were in Premonition and doing core progression raiding with Premo in Cata, a guild like Midwinter would have snatched them up and geared them up as a Project for raiding in WoD.
    Yes but you wouldn't find that at op's level.
    We have players that raided at high levels in previous expansions right now, but we're a guild with a pretty long history of good results on a pretty competitive server. I'd doubt you'd find that same project mentality @ lower levels, tbqh. Again, it's just what i've seen. I know people from top guilds hop around a lot, but mid/low tier ones? Idk man.
    Last edited by Effenz; 2017-02-18 at 12:54 AM.

Yes but you wouldn't find that at op's level.
    We have players that raided at high levels in previous expansions right now, but we're a guild with a pretty long history of good results on a pretty competitive server. I'd doubt you'd find that same project mentality @ lower levels, tbqh. Again, it's just what i've seen. I know people from top guilds hop around a lot, but mid/low tier ones? Idk man.
    Mid-low tier no, but you specifically quoted my post talking about Mythic raiding, which is the top quality of guilds, bringing in a new debate when we started this back and forth. Even lower quality guilds doing heroic back in the days before Mythic was a thing took lesser geared people, in fact it was more common then because of the better guilds having better players, better record to attract new players, poaching, ect. Now its impossible to join into Mythic raiding late without retarded good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post

I work 60 hours a week, so don't really have time to play that often
    you work 60 hours a week and you are still conscious enough to play wow after this ? that some crazy stamina you have . i would be instanty falling asleep with this work schedule after coming home -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you work 60 hours a week and you are still conscious enough to play wow after this ? that some crazy stamina you have . i would be instanty falling asleep with this work schedule after coming home -_-
    I exaggerated a bit, I actually only work 55 hours a week. Half day on Saturdays.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I would say its too late as soon as raids open. Any reason anyone could come up with rerolling seems silly to me.
    Next time, anticipate these reasons and prepare characters along your main, or do more research to make sure you are happy with the trajectory of your main.

People SAY gearing is fast, but you are effectively deleting gear that some one else may of had a use for in your guild. Not acceptable imo.

We let people switch mid-tier occasionally but its only when its helping us more than hurting us and we know the player is only doing it for a serious reason.

If you work 60 hours a week there is even less chance this will work for you.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    OP its never too late if you're just gonna "Casual It Up" and play N/H NH.

If your guild is unaccepting of your decision to reroll and won't help you then maybe its time to look for other friends.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

+1

if you are ABSOLUTELY love you work and are doing your life goal its ok. But if you work in some warehouse or other shitty job

wow should not be in your plate, you should probably dedicate 80% of ur free time ( if there is any lol) to search for a real job

60 hours? lol thats like slavery

work for 40+ years of ur life 60 hours a week what stupid deal

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Short answer: for Heroic/Normal absolutely yes, like always; Mythic is for organized groups - if benefits from class change outweigh power lost from rerolling - yes, so group leader must decide; Mythic for new player - right now there is no catch up for 35-54 artifact, but you get free 54 with 7.2, so for next like two months many mythic groups will be closed for new player if they don't dedicate great amount of time.