Can elementals be constructed still?

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Fire_Elemental_(Warcraft_I)

The creation of a simulacrum of the elements of fire. While these servants can be constructed and controlled by powerful mages, many have proved too difficult to hold in the summoner's power. Should they escape their creator these creatures rage uncontrollably, determined to destroy all those who are like the one that imprisoned them in this domain.[2]
    Hello there folks. I was wondering if elementals such as fire elementals can still be constructed and, if so, are infernals technically fel elementals since they're constructed with fel fire and stone? Do warlocks use "Decay" to subjugate the elements that the infernals are constructed with?

I mean, it's WC1 stuff, so it's obviously more or less entirely retconned now.

But Elementals can't really be "constructed" per se.

Infernals do partially get constructed, but they are still essentially corrupted Fire Elementals that get summoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Elemental spirits are pretty much the most ancient inhabitants of Azeroth. They are the first intelligent life on the planet, predating everything else. At the same time it seems that you can animate elemental matter into an elemental; the Elemental lords and their greater servants do so constantly and it is mentioned in lore so I assume powerful magi can not only conjure elementals from their planes but even bind new ones into existence. I don't think "construct is the right word though".
    From Lord Rhyolith's journal description:

Rhyolith is one of the most ancient elementals in existence, born from the primordial fires that forged Azeroth itself. He is responsible for the creation of new elementals in the Firelands and still possesses a searing hatred of the titans for what he considers their monumental arrogance in relocating him
    Seems pretty clear to me. Elementals are not eternal, and new ones are constantly created.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It never specifies either way, but I'm guessing that mages and shamans are summoning existing elementals to do their bidding,rather than creating brand new ones. New elementals CAN be created, but I image it would take power to near that of an elemental lord. Cata Thrall might have been able to it, but the player probably can't.

Infernals are a different matter altogether. They're not elementals, or even demons really. They're mostly just mindless constructs made of stone and fel fire, designed to be cheap, disposable soldiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    In Deepholme Terrath mentions the same thing (binding multiple earth elementals). The question from the OP as I see it is; do mages summon elementals from the Elemental Planes or do they create them anew. It seems clear that shaman summon elemental spirits that already exist but we can question whether mages can do the same thing; after all we have only seen the Elemental Lords and their greater servants do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    It never specifies either way, but I'm guessing that mages and shamans are summoning existing elementals to do their bidding,rather than creating brand new ones. New elementals CAN be created, but I image it would take power to near that of an elemental lord. Cata Thrall might have been able to it, but the player probably can't.
    Mages create their elementals from the materials around them. This is shown in the old game manuals and in Tides of War. These constructed elementals are just as real as natural ones since every piece of an element has elemental spirits in it. An elemental is just an elemental spirit given physical form.